Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? (9126 Views)

Questions Asked During Oil Company Interviews / Teaching Job Interviews. The Questions Asked? / Ugandan Hotel Job Advert: Indians & White Persons Are Preferred (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Afamed: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2017
sonature1:

Please it's not AN hotel. It's A hotel. Your Yoruba language must be so strong that it reflects in your written English. That's awful!

Best advice: try to work on your H-Factor.

Thank me later cool
"An" is used after a vowel word while "A" after a consonant word. E.g A Hotel. But there are some instances especially in the usage of " H " . Sometimes when its in a words like " Hour" "Heir " Honour" the preceding is " An" simply because the "H" in those words are pronounced loud. The use of *A or An * in any word that begins with H is majorly determined if its pronounced loud or silent.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Funkybabee(f): 8:50am On Oct 19, 2017
Who is a receptionist

What is her function

What can make u get angry

Full meaning of Nafdac

What is a hotel

Minimum wage u think u can received
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by AK481(m): 8:58am On Oct 19, 2017
FortifiedCity:

1. Have you worked as a receptionist in the hospitality industry?

2. Why do you think we should hire you?

3. Can you be flexible in your work schedules?

4. What quality do you think you need most as a receptionist?

5. How would you handle several customers at the same time?

Note : I have never worked in a hotel. I just created these questions but if you can answer them adequately, they will hire you

nice...if i were you,even if they dont ask these question i will answer it in my answer by chiping it in.

e.g, why should we hire you?

i have work in the hospitality industry before as a receptionist(name the place) and during my days i am flexible in my work schedule.....ati be be lo
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Neroski(f): 9:01am On Oct 19, 2017
Basic customer care questions. Since you are applying for a receptionist, try and Google everything you can about the hotel. From the facilities, to number of rooms and types. Know what your role is all about, speak good and fluent English language. Always smile, even when answering your questions(not mumu smile o). Your smiley appearance is like the first score point. Dress formally. Look neat
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Gemc3(f): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2017
powerfulengine:
well ..I had a friend who had an interview for an hotel work....he was asked that supposing you have a customer who came in so worried and disturbed, how do you talk to him and he's gonna feel pleased?....my guy said he'll tell the man to calm down....well he didn't get the Job.

Telling a client to "Calm down" is actually counter productive. This is because it tends to make that person even more irate. In his mind he will be like "Calm down? I de mad before? Or am I a rabid dog that needs a time out?"

If a person is worried and disturbed, he should have greeted the person, then ask what the problem was. {listening skill}
Then proffer solution in a professional, yet friendly and calm manner. If the problem is beyond him, he apologises to the client then refers him to his superior.

OP, if you do get the job, never ask your customer to Calm Down.

I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by freshdude99(m): 9:44am On Oct 19, 2017
Gemc3:
I'm sure you will be asked questions on Customer service since you are the face of the hotel basically. They may ask you also about your previous experiences.
Mama ejima
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Gemc3(f): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2017
freshdude99:
Mama ejima
Lol. Freshest dude. Ha fa na?
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by TeetoEsq(m): 9:57am On Oct 19, 2017
idris4r83:
1. Tell us about yourself?
2. How can you improve our services?
3. What do u think you have that other applicants are lacking or why do you think you are special? This is where to sell yourself well. Tell them something like " i am a multilingual person if you understand more than one language or any other good special quality.
4. How much do you think we should pay you in a month. Don't act desperately and too cheap give them a range instead of concluding at just a fixed amount.
5. What are your strengths and weaknesses? This is where to tell them your valuable weaknesses i.e weakness like i am a workaholic person i get bored when am doing nothing.
6. If they ask you anything you don't know, kindly tell them you don't know.
7. If a particular experience is required like a computer application if you don't know, tell them you are a very fast learner and you deliver under pressure.
8. Dress smart and neat and talk confidently with self esteem.

Good one...
But what is the best reply for "tell us about yourself"
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by 2pacamarushakur(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2017
This might help:
(1) What is your previous experience as a receptionist, what software were you used in your previous working place.
(2) Are you proficiency in microsoft office
(3) Can you do multitask
(4) Can you work under pressure, in a situation where your colleague did not report on duty, how will you handle the circumstances
(5) When approach an irate guest or when a guest scold you about your poor services, how would you handle the situation
(6) Would you accept a tip from a guest when he/she offers you one
N/B: Hotel work is all about cooperation and team work. A lot of fraud happens in the hotel industry and front office is the selling point, so don't be surprise when everyone attention is on you. Been smart is all that matters . There is also a software used in front office, if you have no knowledge of it kindly ask as this will help you alot
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by sonature1: 10:05am On Oct 19, 2017
Afamed:

"An" is used after a vowel word while "A" after a consonant word. E.g A Hotel. But there are some instances especially in the usage of " H " . Sometimes when its in a words like " Hour" "Heir " Honour" the preceding is " An" simply because the "H" in those words are pronounced loud. The use of *A or An * in any word that begins with H is majorly determined if its pronounced loud or silent.

Where is this one coming from? You wan teach your papa English. Who doesn't know the sh*t you are writing? Hotel does NOT go with the article "an" but "a". The fault is her accent and she knows it. You may want to look at example 1 in the link shared: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/hotel

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by earthstronaut: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2017
glamour29557:
please friends, help out here!
when looking for an hotel job, what are the possible questions that could be asked? my interview is going to be by friday

you will be required to solve calculus and algebra.
oniranu.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Georgeisco2007: 10:10am On Oct 19, 2017
FortifiedCity:

1. Have you worked as a receptionist in the hospitality industry?

2. Why do you think we should hire you?

3. Can you be flexible in your work schedules?

4. What quality do you think you need most as a receptionist?

5. How would you handle several customers at the same time?

Note : I have never worked in a hotel. I just created these questions but if you can answer them adequately, they will hire you

U got it right bro. In addition to that, they will also ask;
1) who is a receptionist?
2) how do u react when a guest walks in?
3) how do u treat guest complaints, special requests, and booking?
4)can u sell other hotel products such as food, drinks, laundry etc? Sample of how to do so
5)what are the possible ways to knw guest in house, booked rooms and out of other rooms?
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Afamed: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
sonature1:

Where is this one coming from? You wan teach your papa English. Who doesn't know the sh*t you are writing? Hotel does NOT go with the article "an" but "a". The fault is her accent and she knows it. You may want to look at example 1 in the link shared: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/hotel
I will not descend so low like you. But note that I am Old enough to be your Uncle. The Nairaland is full of kids these days. E- insults but no E- sense. Where did you see that I said hotel came with An in my first post? If your Dad had trained you or perhaps you failed to listen to his words of wisdom. You wouldn't be here passing insults on mere academic discussion.
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by sonature1: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2017
Afamed:

I will not descend so low like you. But note that I am Old enough to be your Uncle. The Nairaland is full of kids these days. E- insults but no E- sense. Where did you see that I said hotel came with An in my first post? If your Dad had trained you or perhaps you failed to listen to his words of wisdom. You wouldn't be here passing insults on mere academic discussion.

Terrific! Next time you learn to stay off what is entirely none of your business. It's not as if you even contributed positively to my correction! You merely re-validated what I already know! Stop jumping into kids' mentions, Uncle, so that you don't get insulted. Ciao!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Afamed: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2017
sonature1:

Terrific! Next time you learn to stay off what is entirely none of your business. It's not as if you even contributed positively to my correction! You merely re-validated what I already know! Stop jumping into kids' mentions, Uncle, so that you don't get insulted. Ciao!
Ain't move by your insults as long as you can also insults your Uncles at home.
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by idris4r83(m): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2017
TeetoEsq:

Good one...
But what is the best reply for "tell us about yourself"
when u r asked this question you are required to talk more on your academic, professional and experienced areas which directly relates to the job. Don't start telling them stories about when you were born, n d year u started primary school cos no interviewer has time to listen to that rubbish. Focus more on your experience and how it can help build the organization.
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Josephjay970: 11:17am On Oct 19, 2017
Just imagine you too claiming to be too brilliant meanwhile you too have a flaw. You too should go through what you have just written and stop discrediting other people..ITK
simultaneousboi:
With this ur grammar here, My sister I think they may not even go further interviewing u after their first conversation with u. Rather they will tell u to go and wait for their reply, and that will b no more.

Receptionist is not anyhow post for anyhow person(s). It's d face of d hotel. If ur not fluent and correct in ur English during conversation, pls don't border waisting ur transport money to attend d interview. Unless it's just a mini guest house located in ur village. But if it's a standard hotel, my sister pls don't disturb ur self "just read ur English novels, articles for a minimum of a yr now" or ur better go and apply for sales girls.

My suggestion tho

Mean no harm

1 Like

Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by toprealman: 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
How will you manage Randy customers
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by doraposh(f): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
Delightiphie:

I have a friend that works in a big hotel. She collects dt range. Too poor f a graduate to take home..

At least its better than sitting at home doing nothing
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by olypharm: 1:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by Hivazinc: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
Abimloaded:

Wanna have a football blog for football news updates and soccer betting predictions....
Contact me
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by princeade86(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
glamour29557:
please friends, help out here!
when looking for an hotel job, what are the possible questions that could be asked? my interview is going to be by friday
after the written text, they may ask u to differentiate between hospital and hospitality. and in some standard hotels, they may ask u the different between bar man and waiter. the answer is that: bar man job is to monitor the drinks they have in the stock while the waiter/waitress are to serve the guest and customers. in hotel, they call customers GUEST. and u need to treat them like a king and a Queen because of what u want to get from them. Hotel is the only organisation that respect customers.
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by ebereokey(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
No 1.....how many beer and wine can you finished a day
No 2....how many stick of cigar can smoke a day
No 2...you know
Re: What Are The Possibly Questions Asked In An Hotel Job? by ebereokey(m): 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
No 1.....how many beer and wine can you finished a day
No 2....how many stick of cigar can smoke a day
No 2...you know .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Total Nigeria Calling For Selection Test / How To Get A Job Without Years Of Experience? / Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment Goes Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.