Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,907 members, 7,824,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery (34469 Views)

We Will Start Charging A Fee To Use X - Musk / Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? / Wireless Charging: A Useless Feature In The Smartphone Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by Meklex(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2017
maxiuc:
No it doesn't effect mine

My dell inspron I bought since 2011 Is still saving my gionee P5w and bb10 are in good condition

I haven't used generator less than 8kva to charge my phonez ND laptop

For me I haven't noticed any side effects
you are playing with your laptop battery. Mine spoiled my laptop battery.
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by JJBROS(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Some people are naturally confused about life in general.
Patiently waiting for the day someone here will ask "if I slap a three star military general, will I die?"

Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by victor8269: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2017
toprealman:
...power bank improves the battery life...you say. Are you for real?
2.1A output Power Bank doesn't have an effect
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by HarveyDeven: 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2017
ibbryte:
Effect on battery life is insignificant and inconsequential.
Recent studies have shown that slower charging last longer and save battery life.
quickcharge and other fast charges gotten from normal 2A charger are detrimental to battery health in long run, it think its in the terms and conditions for those that read It.

The real concern of charging with laptop is phone memory, the cumulative effect of usb mass storage recognition and removal (without unmounting) cause memory distortion you start getting "unfortunately memory has stopped" query and other problems.
So charge with moderation and try to unmount before unplugging the phone.

Thank you! Great explanation.

How about charging with different charges? I noticed that one charger my gf's Samsung charges faster than with another one.

Will these 2 different charging times, but from 2 actual charges, have an impact of her device?
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by snnaija(f): 3:27pm On Oct 19, 2017
2shure:
Af been using my dell now for 4years now. No usb ish No problems. Idont share laptop or charger cables Food.money..bedspace.. I only share handshakes and bluetooth
I guess yours doesn't hibernate why it's charging
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by awuf2008: 3:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
No.....I have been using mine for years and nothing happen.
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by azibat7: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
shedy03:

I think it's the other way round. charging phone on laptop spoils the laptop battery.
i concur
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by 2shure: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
I hardly turn it on
Buf when o do
I close down the screen
snnaija:

I guess yours doesn't hibernate why it's charging
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by Skmoda360(m): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
i dont even know cuz i do use my lappy to charge my phone a times but not always....
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by sureinfo: 8:47am On Oct 20, 2017
ryfoz:

75 views and no response? Either people are dodging attacks after comments or they just don't wanna talk. Anyway here's my opinion; without going into much geeky stuff about the amperes your phone takes to charge, chargers generate specific level of power ranging from 250mA(or below) to 2.4A (or above). So the higher it is the faster it charges (mind you if your battery capacity is not really up to 3000mah and above or uses fast charging [which still applies to 3000mah & above], I would say it's a waste of effort buying a charger above 1A cos it won't take above that level or probably doesn't need it). That being said laptop USB port are designed specifically for data transfer: flash drive, memory card (card reader) or direct connection with a device and although, it will be charging simultaneously but it won't be charging really fast at all except it's a Nokia Torchlight.
One thing (that I noticed) with smartphone is when you use lower power-generating source (a.k.a charger heads) to charge it tends to weaken the battery life and in this case pc is one of those slow-charging source. Let me point out too that the type of USB used plays a major role too: we have the silver pin and gold pin, the latter is the best to use.

I say conclusively that any smartphone that has above 3000mah battery capacity needs it "follow-come" charger or good power banks (some might argue that power banks does the same harm as pc, I will reserve my comment on that) or a good charger that meets the same specs of the "follow-come" or slightly above wouldn't do any harm; let's say if you have 1.8A charger, getting 2.1A isn't bad (so far the battery capacity needs it (I say again 3000mah above, especially for 5000mah like homtom HT50 has and 6000mah like the Partner mobile ps 2 or the gretel GT6000. Pls don't think itel is among them o, I'm yet to see any of their devices with high ba3 capacity that has fast charging feature)

So the summary of my essay grin is "Yes, charging a fone with laptop or desktop weakens ba3 (or spoil if you prefer that term).

I rest my case
Na so, you nailed it there
Re: Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sheun001:
Hello Nairalanders.....

Does charging a phone with a laptop spoil the phone's battery

Engineers in the house I need your opinion
This is my jamb number: 76555811EJ,Name:Tenger Samuel Torkuma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funniest Memes On Galaxy Note 7 Explosions / Airtel Launches Smarttalk: Arguably the cheapest / Etisalat Has Introduce N100 For 5GB Weekend & Night Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.