Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? (28877 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Your Phone Battery Dies So Quickly / Does Charging A Phone With A Laptop Spoil The Phone's Battery / What You Do Everyday That Spoil Your Mobile Phone Battery. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hello guys, so I went to fix my phone charging port today and the phone repairer advised me against charging constantly with a power bank. According to him, it could spoil a phones battery.. How true is this? Have you had any personal experience?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Chaos14: 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
very true when i bought a slot power bank the power bank swelled up but since it was working until one day the phone was charging the power bank then i used a charger but it didn't work

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by ConfirmBlog: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yes, power bank can spoil not just your battery but even the charging ic. And these are the cause.

1. Bad quality power bank
Felixamos:
Hello guys, so I went to fix my phone charging port today and the phone repairer advised me against charging constantly with a power bank. According to him, it could spoil a phones battery.. How true is this? Have you had any personal experience?
2. Your Power Bank Has The Wrong Voltage
Having the wrong voltage in your power bank will lead to problems. The ideal voltage to charge a phone is 5V. If any power bank gives a voltage of 4.2V or less, it will drain your battery instead of charging it.

Any voltage output greater than 5V will extensively damage your phone’s circuits by overloading it more than it can handle.

3. You Are Overcharging:
Power banks should essentially be used sparingly. Using power banks to constantly keep your phone at 100% charge will over time damage the battery, which will lead to your phone not being able to retain its charge for long.

To avoid these problems, avoid using your power bank to overcharge your phone. Use it for emergencies, and even when you do use it avoid charging your phone up to 100%.h

197 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
ConfirmBlog:
Yes, power bank can spoil not just your battery but even the charging ic. And these are the cause.

Having the wrong voltage in your power bank will lead to problems. The ideal voltage to charge a phone is 5V. If any power bank gives a voltage of 4.2V or less, it will drain your battery instead of charging it.

Any voltage output greater than 5V will extensively damage your phone’s circuits by overloading it more than it can handle.

3. You Are Overcharging:
Power banks should essentially be used sparingly. Using power banks to constantly keep your phone at 100% charge will over time damage the battery, which will lead to your phone not being able to retain its charge for long.

To avoid these problems, avoid using your power bank to overcharge your phone. Use it for emergencies, and even when you do use it avoid charging your phone up to 100%.h

Very educative.. Thanks..

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Jazzman01: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2022
Felixamos:

Yeah, it damaged the battery of the second android phone I bought. I used it for about 2weeks because our transformer was bad. During this time I noticed that it doesn't last as long as when I used PHCN. When our power supply was finally restored, I charged with PHCN supply but the battery had gone bad already. Since then I don't use power banks again.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
Jazzman01:

Yeah, it damaged the battery of the second android phone I bought. I used it for about 2weeks because our transformer was bad. During this time I noticed that it doesn't last as long as when I used PHCN. When our power supply was finally restored, I charged with PHCN supply but the battery had gone bad already. Since then I don't use power banks again.

Hmmmmm Woa!!.. Thanks a lot for your contribution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Conner44: 7:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
When your phone has a battery capacity of 6000mah and you are using a ‘chinko’ power bank of 10000mah (actually 4000mah) what do you think will happen?

It’s your phone that will be charging the power bank instead of the power bank to charge your phone lol

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Hundjager: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
Yeah, mediocre quality powerbank can damage your phone battery, I'll recommend the oraimo 27,000mah powerbank, got mine via the link below and I've never regretted it.

22 Likes

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2022
Conner44:
When your phone has a battery capacity of 6000mah and you are using a ‘chinko’ power bank of 10000mah (actually 4000mah) what do you think will happen?

It’s your phone that will be charging the power bank instead of the power bank to charge your phone lol
Hmmmmm.. Okay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hundjager:
Yeah, mediocre quality powerbank can damage your phone battery, I'll recommend the oraimo 27,000mah powerbank, got mine via the link below and I've never regretted it.
My oraimo is 20,000mah oh and my phones battery is 4000mah..
Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by officialfestus(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
Jazzman01:

go get a good powerbank.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Corroro: 10:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
officialfestus:
go get a good powerbank.
actually, that's what he should do, a quality power bank will always serve and never give you worries of damaging your battery.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by ojonugba2014(m): 11:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
Use Better Anker, oraimo or New age power bank.

To avoid story

I have been using power with my Techno pouvior 4 pro since last year July. No issue at all. I use it with power bank almost every day

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Authoreety: 5:08am On Apr 21, 2022
FRom experience, power bank is the fastest way to kill your fone panel and battery

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Yenefer(f): 6:18am On Apr 21, 2022
ConfirmBlog:

3. You Are Overcharging:

STFU there's nothing like "overcharging" when phones reach 100% it stopped charging

13 Likes

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by ConfirmBlog: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2022
Yenefer:
STFU there's nothing like "overcharging" when phones reach 100% it stopped charging

STFU lol....Not all phones Mar, especially the mid range and low end phones. Your charger might not be getting warm at 100%, but while it is trickle charging to keep it at 100% there use to be leakages that can spoil your battery. Low quality chargers and Powerbanks too spoil batteries alot... I'm talking from experience.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Sadstoner: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2022
Hmmm

Fear woman... Run from am
Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Lexusgs430: 8:48am On Apr 21, 2022
You receive a stable and consistent wattage, from your powerbank..........

What NEPA/DISCO supplies, is very erratic and puts your device at risk ........

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by PrintandDesign: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2022
Chaos14:
very true when i bought a slot power bank the power bank swelled up but since it was working until one day the phone was charging the power bank then i used a charger but it didn't work
Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Mrkcee(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2022
I don't think a power bank does any harm. The voltage output is regulated and besides, once your battery reaches 100% it stops charging, unless you are still using one of those 2003 small midget phones. In that case u need to physically unplug once your battery fills, if not ur battery might swell. grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Crafteck1: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2022
Yes, every phone and battery has a charging profile some you're meant to try them charge them at low current from 0% to like 80% then later the current has to drop to maintain long battery life, plugging into a power bank or charger that is not well designed to charge the phone will disrupt the charging profile so within a short period of time the battery will fail, not last long or it will start swelling or. IT might explode same goes for inverter batteries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Uyi168: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2022
If phone battery spoil, we get a new phone

Nor be everything person go dy stress oneself over..

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Zetty177x: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
It's well...na only generator and power bank I de use. No light

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by Chaos14: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
[quote author=PrintandDesign post=112138441][/quote]Hmmmm
Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by seyz91(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022
Yes right, repairer was right

Frequent charge with power bank weakens battery,
speaking from personal experience!
Felixamos:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by bibiking7(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2022

Phone charging power bank is funny. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Can Power Bank Spoil A Phone Battery? by hibeebeeking: 8:52am On Apr 21, 2022
When you refuse to allow the phone battery to relax. Charging 24/7 can damage the battery. Who no deh rest.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Etisalat's N100 Data Plan For Nairaland / Get 5 Mb Daily From Mtn For 5 Naira / Unboxing Gionee A1 Lite - N70,000 Phone With 20mp Camera And 4000mah? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.