Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,907 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns (8310 Views)

Buhari: I Won’t Tolerate Electoral Malpractices In 2023 / Reno Omokri Blasts Pastor Adeboye Over Kidnapping Of Five RCCG Pastors / IGP Adamu Orders For Investigation Of Policemen Displaying APC 4+4 Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by nwakibie3(m): 8:34am On Oct 19, 2017
From Molly Kilete, Abuja

The Inspector General of Police (IGP) has declared that he would no longer tolerate the indiscriminate kidnapping of policemen across the country.

Speaking, during a meeting with top police officers, from the rank of commissioners, the IGP said a situation where policemen allowed themselves to be kidnapped like fowls was unacceptable.

He said the spate of kidnapping of police officers across the country was not only worrisome but also becoming an embarrassment to the police, who are supposed to be providing security for the country.

Idris said state commissions of police would now be held responsible for the kidnap of any police personnel under their commands, even as he urged them to be more conscious of their movement and environment.

Recalling the numbers of Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) so far kidnapped, the IGP said police chiefs should know that they were potential targets of kidnapers and other criminal groups, while urging them to do the needful about their personal security.

He said he would no longer tolerate the situation where officers took issues of their personal security lightly, saying their primary duty was to first protect themselves before protecting others.

He said: “Officers have to be very serious about their own personal safety because it is becoming an embarrassment. The CPs would be held liable for any policeman or DPO or whatever picked up like a fowl. It is very annoying.”

The IGP, who dwelt more on security and safety of police personnel during the discharge of their duties, said: “Some days ago, one of our DPO was kidnapped in Niger. How can you be a DPO, with policemen in your command, and you drive alone as if you don’t have anybody? You allow these useless kidnapers to just pick you; it is very embarrassing.

“We had this same issue in Zamfara State, where an AC on leave travelled alone and was kidnapped; it is embarrassing. Utilise the men under you; you must protect yourself first before you protect other people. Obviously, you are going to be a target.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/i-wont-tolerate-kidnapping-of-policemen-igp-warns/

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by wolesmile(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2017
When our security personnel can no longer secure themselves, it becomes worrisome, eh?
Maybe when they eventually kidnap the IG himself, or even the President, then we'll know that we don't have security personnel in the country. Just a bunch of men in uniform dedicated to collecting bribes from transporters and harassing innocent civilians.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Luckylife(m): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2017
Nigeria will never tolerate corrupt IG that play politics with his office

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:52am On Oct 19, 2017
u won't tolerate the kidnapping of police, whereas police demself dun turn kidnappers

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by tsdarkside(m): 8:56am On Oct 19, 2017
“Officers have to be very serious about their own personal safety because it is becoming an embarrassment. The CPs would be held liable for any policeman or DPO or whatever picked up like a fowl. It is very annoying.”..... grin grin...

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by tsdarkside(m): 8:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
u won't tolerate the kidnapping of police, whereas police demself dun turn kidnappers

sharrap....

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by tsdarkside(m): 9:07am On Oct 19, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

say that 2ur father

back to sender....

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Hashimyussufamao(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

back to sender....
Must you quote me in ur comment?? that's a partial reward for the stupidity ruling over you like a tyrant. #ode

16 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by tsdarkside(m): 9:17am On Oct 19, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

Must you quote me in ur comment?? that's a partial reward for the stupidity ruling over you like a tyrant. #ode

speak english....

do you want a enviroment without police sticking their heads out for you??....try it and see that nobody likes nobody.....

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Spaxon(f): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Smh when the policemen are the ones kidnapping people this days
abegi shift

5 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by looseweight: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Na so
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by aleeyus(m): 10:19am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by kay29000(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Are policemen that rich that they are being kidnapped?

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by tstx(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Naija police deserves anything that comes to them

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Jogoewa: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by easyfem1: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My name is ISA, i want to introduce to you a company that has been making people millionaires in short time..
kindly read this �

I want to multiply my bitcoin by 300%
I want to be paid daily
I want to multiply my Naira by 300%
I want all these but I don't want to refer anyone
I have plans for December
I want to refer and have additional bonus that will make me get more than 300%
Am in search of a very reliable Platform to invest in...
I like investing only on reliable and credible Company
I have money to invest... So my money can work for me..

If you answer to all these or any of it is yes then join *Bitclub Advantage*

Join us today and become financially free ....

If you are interested..email me up now!! and you will be added to our closed membership group... Where you meet other like minds..
��
* isa.femmy@gmail.com
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2017
Tell your men to stop kidnapping innocent citizens calling it raid.

Fcvk the police still

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Riversides2003(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by GreatDreams: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Forget grammar, charity begins at home sir! let discipline start from ur office, let ur boys stop aiding kidnapping and other forms of harassment .....

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Zaikon(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
but u can accept kidnapping of CIVILIANS .

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Built2last: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
OK sir
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2017
Ok
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by sapientia(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2017
Warn them not to kidnap the people who are paying you to protect them. The ordinary citizens..

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 19, 2017
okay aslong as it aint the police getting kidnaped i guess he is preety cool with it

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by offornuel(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2017
You think kidnappers care about what you tolerate?

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by x2lambo(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2017
Who cares if a policeman was kidnap or killed self many souls has been wasted by the lying evil men in Black

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Luukasz(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2017
But he can tolerate kidnapping of civilians, idiot. See those we call leaders.. What a wow!

6 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Dearlord(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2017
Who is kidnapping who?

Lemme cough

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by EHI9ICE(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2017
I guess he very much tolerates the kidnap of non-police officers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mother Of All Votes Hits Awka South LGA Anambra State / FEC Approves N58.4 Billion To Construct Bridge Linking Niger And Kwara / 21,524 APC Members Defect To PDP In Plateau State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.