Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,143 members, 7,842,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns (8324 Views)

Buhari: I Won’t Tolerate Electoral Malpractices In 2023 / Reno Omokri Blasts Pastor Adeboye Over Kidnapping Of Five RCCG Pastors / IGP Adamu Orders For Investigation Of Policemen Displaying APC 4+4 Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2017
But u suppport dem kidanaping us the civilian? IGP, the ara wey go san pa e dey rehearse one corner dance in front of saudi prince bedroom right now

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by newoffer: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2017
irresponsible officers who drink ogogoro everyday. extort money from the public. Naija police be like fowl who is fond of corn. Cheap training cheap output. yeye people

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by es144000: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2017
But you will tolerate kidnapping of ordinary citizens?
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Boyooosa(m): 10:28am On Oct 19, 2017
But you will tolerate other citizens' ba?

MW, you don dey encourage dem make dem dey shoot undiscriminatingly @ citizens bah?

while urging them to do the needful about their personal security
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by abiolag(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2017
....but u will tolerate kidnapping of members of d public abi undecided
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2017
How about the SARS policemen? 99% of them are cultists and kidnappers
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by smalls001: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Useless IGP. He has only given them an excuse when they kill innocent people. All they have to say is "Suspected kidnapper"[i][/i]
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Elan83(m): 10:36am On Oct 19, 2017
Especially d female police!
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2017
Kidnapping of police men will make for an interesting turn. grin grin
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by inosend: 10:47am On Oct 19, 2017
Seconded. We can only tolerate kidnapping of 'bloody' civilians.
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 19, 2017
But u can tolerate kidnapping of members of de public whom it's ur primary duty to protect...issorait cool #Apc daily stupidity dosage
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by lndigene(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2017
Kidnapping of police men or kidnapping by police men?? Please l need to understand the emphasis.........
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by 8stargeneral: 10:49am On Oct 19, 2017
And we won't tolerate extortn money from citizens
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by hush15: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2017
nwakibie3:
From Molly Kilete, Abuja

The Inspector General of Police (IGP) has declared that he would no longer tolerate the indiscriminate kidnapping of policemen across the country.

Speaking, during a meeting with top police officers, from the rank of commissioners, the IGP said a situation where policemen allowed themselves to be kidnapped like fowls was unacceptable.

He said the spate of kidnapping of police officers across the country was not only worrisome but also becoming an embarrassment to the police, who are supposed to be providing security for the country.

Idris said state commissions of police would now be held responsible for the kidnap of any police personnel under their commands, even as he urged them to be more conscious of their movement and environment.

Recalling the numbers of Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) so far kidnapped, the IGP said police chiefs should know that they were potential targets of kidnapers and other criminal groups, while urging them to do the needful about their personal security.

He said he would no longer tolerate the situation where officers took issues of their personal security lightly, saying their primary duty was to first protect themselves before protecting others.

He said: “Officers have to be very serious about their own personal safety because it is becoming an embarrassment. The CPs would be held liable for any policeman or DPO or whatever picked up like a fowl. It is very annoying.”

The IGP, who dwelt more on security and safety of police personnel during the discharge of their duties, said: “Some days ago, one of our DPO was kidnapped in Niger. How can you be a DPO, with policemen in your command, and you drive alone as if you don’t have anybody? You allow these useless kidnapers to just pick you; it is very embarrassing.

“We had this same issue in Zamfara State, where an AC on leave travelled alone and was kidnapped; it is embarrassing. Utilise the men under you; you must protect yourself first before you protect other people. Obviously, you are going to be a target.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/i-wont-tolerate-kidnapping-of-policemen-igp-warns/

I don't need to read the details. The topic alone sounds very stupid. An IGP making such useless statements.

So which one does he tolerate? Is the Fulani killings, the raping going on and no culprits or the incompetent officers still collecting N20. Stupid mofo.

It's only in Nigeria that holders of public position of high esteem talk before they could even think
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Amah70: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2017
nwakibie3:
From Molly Kilete, Abuja

The Inspector General of Police (IGP) has declared that he would no longer tolerate the indiscriminate kidnapping of policemen across the country.

Speaking, during a meeting with top police officers, from the rank of commissioners, the IGP said a situation where policemen allowed themselves to be kidnapped like fowls was unacceptable.

He said the spate of kidnapping of police officers across the country was not only worrisome but also becoming an embarrassment to the police, who are supposed to be providing security for the country.

Idris said state commissions of police would now be held responsible for the kidnap of any police personnel under their commands, even as he urged them to be more conscious of their movement and environment.

Recalling the numbers of Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) so far kidnapped, the IGP said police chiefs should know that they were potential targets of kidnapers and other criminal groups, while urging them to do the needful about their personal security.

He said he would no longer tolerate the situation where officers took issues of their personal security lightly, saying their primary duty was to first protect themselves before protecting others.

He said: “Officers have to be very serious about their own personal safety because it is becoming an embarrassment. The CPs would be held liable for any policeman or DPO or whatever picked up like a fowl. It is very annoying.”

The IGP, who dwelt more on security and safety of police personnel during the discharge of their duties, said: “Some days ago, one of our DPO was kidnapped in Niger. How can you be a DPO, with policemen in your command, and you drive alone as if you don’t have anybody? You allow these useless kidnapers to just pick you; it is very embarrassing.

“We had this same issue in Zamfara State, where an AC on leave travelled alone and was kidnapped; it is embarrassing. Utilise the men under you; you must protect yourself first before you protect other people. Obviously, you are going to be a target.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/i-wont-tolerate-kidnapping-of-policemen-igp-warns/

But you can tolerate the fact that foreigners and other Nigerians are kidnapped.
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by leroi01(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Dunno why this just cracks me the fackap! grin
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Viking007(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2017
cheesy cheesy Policemen allow themselves to be kidnapped like "fowls"? Lmao.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by goodnews777: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2017
Nigeria has no policemen. They are a group of uniformed criminals policing the rich and oppressing the poor and the innocent.

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by maklelemakukula(m): 11:16am On Oct 19, 2017
but you would tolerate kidnapping of civilians angry smh
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Kayodeblaze(m): 11:23am On Oct 19, 2017
When they kidnap U,urself....then u will know they mean business more than u guys!!!
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by joinnow: 11:30am On Oct 19, 2017
Nigeria kidnappers get liver ooo
Police that carry ak47 ak46 self no dey save cry
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by bkool7(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2017
So who will you now tolerate to be kidnepped?
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Zeeeeeeek(m): 11:44am On Oct 19, 2017
Dey shld jst b kidnappin police, politicians n APC members

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by gerrard82: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2017
but you can tolerate kidnapping of school children nd other masses except police men idiot.
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2017
you can't tolerate the kidnap of police men ,but you can tolerate that of ordinary citizens? our leaders don't know how to talk in public.kidnap na kidnap oga igp, who ever is being kidnaped is bad enough.tell us what you will do to end this kidnapping menace simple
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by geemarock: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2017
Bleep Police who cares....

Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by 2lateBiafra: 12:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
Only POLICEMEN, this man suppose to RESIGN I SWEAR.
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by Myself2(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
Zaikon:
but u can accept kidnapping of CIVILIANS .

Exactly
Buhari's govt is full of misfits everywhere you look
From Buhari himself who is the misfit-in- chief
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by mmsen: 12:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
You shouldn't tolerate kidnapping of any persons.

If we want to tell the truth, the reason why kidnapping is so prevalent is because of the incompetence of the Nigeria Police Force as well as the occasional collusion with the criminals.
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by mmsen: 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2017
donkilidon:
you can't tolerate the kidnap of police men ,but you can tolerate that of ordinary citizens? our leaders don't know how to talk in public.kidnap na kidnap oga igp, who ever is being kidnaped is bad enough.tell us what you will do to end this kidnapping menace simple

Let them talk so that we can all see how little regard they have for those they have a duty to.
Re: I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns by mmsen: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2017
tsdarkside:

sharrap....

Why? He told the truth. The police collude with the kidnappers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hudu-Yunusa Ari, Adamawa INEC REC Released On Bail / Photos From Ekiti State As Dr Kayode Fayemi Took Oath As Governor Of The State / Fg Orders Investigation Into Fuel Cabal Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.