Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,243 members, 7,825,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York (41736 Views)

Davido: How I Got Nas To Record A Verse On My Album (video) / M.I Abaga Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / M.I Abaga Comes For Ycee Who Shared Negative Story About His Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by osausher(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2017
Big waste of money...
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by DJperdurabo: 9:02am On Oct 20, 2017
toastedbread:

like when tupac wanted to leave knight and suge brought his record book.

Straight up!

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by TheKing4040(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2017
Ofcourse artists get paid all the time for collabs.its strictly business,davido paid meek mills $100k for the song' FANS MI'.it doesn't also mean that choc city is broke for taking NAS to court now. Its just business.if you invest $50k on something and don't get what was promised you will also make moves to recover your funds.

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Ojochegbe1(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2017
Na our Blood e de, Nas self na Naija guy mayb that is y his behaving like that if the story is tru cha. grin
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by toastedbread: 9:04am On Oct 20, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin

crazy speed darlington?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by toastedbread: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2017
Alphasoar:
MI kuku collect your money back.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin That's if you get fair hearing as a dark person!
is nasir white?

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by joeeee240(m): 9:07am On Oct 20, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin

NAS NA FOOL. I HOPE YOU KNOW HIS A NIGERIAN
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by joeeee240(m): 9:09am On Oct 20, 2017
MEILYN:
90% of nairalanders don't read before they comment. The article didn't say collaboration, it said something else which you guys didn't see. They wanted Nas to mention M.I's name on a verse on his own song and not a collaboration. Lmao, 3 Years ago though, all these artists and fake life. M.I wanted to tell the whole world that Nas knows and recognizes him. Imagine if you listened to a song from Nas and you hear M.I's name, won't you be very happy that a rapper like Nas recognized M.I?

WETIN BE NAS? MY DUDE HAS FADED
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Dollabiz: 9:10am On Oct 20, 2017
Oh
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by NwaJozi: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2017
Fraud African wrapper number 1ooo �
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by MEILYN(m): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2017
joeeee240:

WETIN BE NAS? MY DUDE HAS FADED
This was 3 years ago.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by purplekayc(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2017
This MI no get respect walahi.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Origamist: 9:18am On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:
Nas career is dead long before now so you that is doing business with him is not wise
thou shall not blaspheme.
Nas is a living legend.
He is above the league of artistes whose careers can be referred to as dead because you don't see his songs on charts, or he is not releasing new materials.
Remember this line: "My lawyers only see the Billboard Chart as winning,forgetting Nas the only true rebel since the begining" -Nas ,Hero.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by puregrace(m): 9:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Nas is good lyrically,but is not a suprise as Yorubas are good with use of words.
Be4 quoting me,check his bachground. Thanks
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by luwabrooklyn(m): 9:21am On Oct 20, 2017
Uyi168:
Ac milan are such a useless team..
i swear oh massive loss yesterday

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by puregrace(m): 9:23am On Oct 20, 2017
puregrace:
Nas is good lyrically,but is not a suprise as Yorubas are good with use of words.
Be4 quoting me,check his bacKground. Thanks
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:24am On Oct 20, 2017
itchie:
$50,000? Shiiiit!!!! Abeg who dey find person wey go drop verse for him song. Contact me o, dropping verses on songs is my hubby.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 20, 2017
By implication are all the shout outs paid for?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by joeeee240(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2017
NAS NA AFONJA BASTARF
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by MrEdimulo82(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2017
MEILYN:
90% of nairalanders don't read before they comment. The article didn't say collaboration, it said something else which you guys didn't see. They wanted Nas to mention M.I's name on a verse on his own song and not a collaboration. Lmao, 3 Years ago though, all these artists and fake life. M.I wanted to tell the whole world that Nas knows and recognizes him. Imagine if you listened to a song from Nas and you hear M.I's name, won't you be very happy that a rapper like Nas recognized M.I?

He..He

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Goodnuel: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:
Nas career is dead long before now so you that is doing business with him is not wise
Nas can never die.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by titsqueez(m): 9:28am On Oct 20, 2017
Nas no get that money again sef. Kelis don collect am for child support grin
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2017
broke label since 2013 na now una remember to sue am. coconut fall 4 una head

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by musicwriter(m): 9:32am On Oct 20, 2017
And why didn't they mention all that in their own song?

You see, our inferiority complex is evident in all areas. This is why I insist, unless what we call education is changed where we could learn to trust ourselves, I don't see how we're going to get out this predicament.

I am quite sure Nas would've delivered a nice verse. His voice is always the light in any song he features.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by TEYA: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.
Who told you that?

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by epc007(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2017
that's the flow bro
Pappyto:
I just got 250 thousand dollars for a verse nigga!
iono, is it me, or it's your thirst nigga?
niggas ain't got no joint
like injured Chris Paul you ain't got no point.

Nicki Minaj.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by lagdmark(m): 9:37am On Oct 20, 2017
atilla:
Paying a foreign artist 50k for a verse?
That's bribery & corruption according to buhari
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by sunsplash99(m): 9:37am On Oct 20, 2017
MI give me d said amount, I wld give u a full chapter with many verses.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by kjhova(m): 9:37am On Oct 20, 2017
SylvesterRichie:
M.I Abaga and his record label, Chocolate City, are suing Queenbridge legend Nas, real name Nasir Jones.

M.I and Chocolate City have filed a lawsuit in New York State Supreme Court claiming Nas didn’t deliver the verse they wanted. In the lawsuit, which was filed in the New York State Supreme Court, Nas and Mass Appeal Records’ Ronnie Goodman are accused of duping Chocolate City after they had paid the rapper $50,000 for the verse.

According to the lawsuit, in 2013, Nas and Goodman entered an agreement to contribute a verse to a track from M.I. The details of the deal were that Nas was supposed to mention “M.I, Chocolate City, Nigeria, Queens, New York—NAS’s hometown—, Mandela, Trayvon Martin, and the struggles of Africans and African Americans” in his verse.

Nas went on to deliver a verse but it didn’t mention any of the subject matter Chocolate City had asked for.The Nigerian label requested that the Queens rapper to re-record the verse, and three year later, it hasn’t happened despite them delivering the $50,000 payment. Hence, that’s why they’re now suing him, they mention.

In the lawsuit, Chocolate City is very complementary to Nas. They called him “a highly respected lyricist in the music industry” and wrote that they wanted a verse from him “because of NAS’s exceptional talent as a lyric writer.” Unfortunately, according to Chocolate City, that talent and lyricism was not evident in the verse they got.

Check out screenshots of the suit in the gallery below.

Source; VibezNg

Do your thing Choc boys.

If the original contract was well drawn up and duly executed by Nas' camp, Chocolate City will win this case and take some decent sum off Mass Appeal Records.

I truly hate it when talented artistes put themselves in harms way by share laziness. You picked up 50 gees since 2013 and can't flip 16 bars to date?? Going 4 years?? What will be Nas' excuse in court? The doe was fake or he has perennial sore throat??

#Lame

3 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by lymelyte(m): 9:42am On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:
and who told you his career is dead? If you are a legend, you do not churned out songs anyhow. People like you would have also said jay z career was dead too. You think, they are like Nigerians who release songs anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by internationalman(m): 9:42am On Oct 20, 2017
cutefergiee:
$50k for a foreign artiste jus one verse?
Emancipate ursef from mental slavery, non but awasef can free awa mind,
have no fear for atomic energy,cos non of dem can stop d time tho...
no b ma money, mk i shut up eat ma rice jeje
That's what a great song is all about. Even though the song was released long ago but it's content still reflects the happenings around in our everyday life.

M.I is just mental slavering himself.

The great Bob Marley...
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.
Drake nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lolu, Anto And Bambam At Bbnaija Finale / BBNaija: Katung Aduwak Has Advice For Mercy (Video) / Jim Iyke & Chris Attoh In Texas, On The Set Of "Closure"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.