Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York (41724 Views)

Davido: How I Got Nas To Record A Verse On My Album (video) / M.I Abaga Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / M.I Abaga Comes For Ycee Who Shared Negative Story About His Record Label (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by lagdmark(m): 9:45am On Oct 20, 2017
TheKing4040:
Ofcourse artists get paid all the time for collabs.its strictly business,davido paid meek mills $100k for the song' FANS MI'.it doesn't also mean that choc city is broke for taking NAS to court now. Its just business.if you invest $50k on something and don't get what was promised you will also make moves to recover your funds.
It's not collab, MI is trying to bribe Nas to hail him.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2017
internationalman:

That's what a great song is all about. Even though the song was released long ago but it's content still reflects the happenings around in our everyday life.

M.I is just mental slavering himself.
Abi nah...
$50k is a lotta money jus for ONE VERSE?

The great Bob Marley...
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by rose54321: 9:55am On Oct 20, 2017
Nas is the GOAT,
All I need is one mic, one beat, one stage..

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by hakeem4(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2017
osausher:
Big waste of money...
how is it waste of money ?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Vector Tha viper and jesse jags are simply outstanding.
The rest are fake

Vector kor, scalar ni.....
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2017
Nbote:

Hope U do know its as far back as 2013.. Its NAS we are talking about here, even in d US he gets paid to feature ...
Most rappers would pay to have Nas on their tracks

Who told he doesn't pay for his features? Every artiste trying to break into any market pays for features and wizkid is no different. Every Nigerian Artiste pays their American counterparts to get a feature..
wizkid doesn't
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2017
God love all niggas, I know
Cos next to Jesus on the cross was a crook nigga
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by kabaka1: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2017
Lamzee:
I think Chocolate City are broke, who knows how much Star Boy Entertainment are Paying now,but if they are not making huge income, they won't be paying that large amount of money to feature Artist

imagine Davido paid Meek Mill $250000 for his on his song, so 4 somebody of Mad calibre thats not 2 much for just the lyrics but not the feature
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Raphmadrid: 10:09am On Oct 20, 2017
Remember the time...NAS my niggaz.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Alphasoar(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2017
toastedbread:
is nasir white?
Well, you can still spot the difference.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2017
Haba! Nas! why not fulfil your part of the contracts? But Nas na my best rapper.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2017
Zamad:
GHENGHEN
it's a good move. I don't like it when these foreign musicians feel they can treat our boys like trash.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Wizkid has never paid for a foreign feature anyways.
Please, don't make this kind of statement outside. If any artiste features in any song, he/she must be paid by the owner of the track.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2017
MEILYN:
90% of nairalanders don't read before they comment. The article didn't say collaboration, it said something else which you guys didn't see. They wanted Nas to mention M.I's name on a verse on his own song and not a collaboration. Lmao, 3 Years ago though, all these artists and fake life. M.I wanted to tell the whole world that Nas knows and recognizes him. Imagine if you listened to a song from Nas and you hear M.I's name, won't you be very happy that a rapper like Nas recognized M.I?

you are the one not reading well.
it was said there that Nas was supposed to deliver a verse to be added in MI's song.

That is how collaborations are done, you send the beat the rapper put his verse in, all from the comfort of your house.
That way you both don't have to be in a studio.

The now is that a exact theme was required for the verse but Nas delivered a generic verse excluding the requirements in the verse.

Read carefully.

3 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by MrMystrO(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2017
kjhova:

Do your thing Choc boys.

If the original contract was well drawn up and duly executed by Nas' camp, Chocolate City will win this case and take some decent sum off Mass Appeal Records.

I truly hate it when talented artistes put themselves in harms way by share laziness. You picked up 50 gees since 2013 and can't flip 16 bars to date?? Going 4 years?? What will be Nas' excuse in court? The doe was fake or he has perennial sore throat??

#Lame

Best Comment So Far.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2017
Ugo4hotish:

is nas a foreigner? he's a fellow Nigerian and thank God he's not IGBO
Nas is not a Nigerian. His father was named "Oludara" when he visited Nigeria by a traditional priest.

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by MEILYN(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2017
ibbryte:

you are the one not reading well.
it was said there that Nas was supposed to deliver a verse to be added in MI's song.

That is how collaborations are done, you send the beat the rapper put his verse in, all from the comfort of your house.
That way you both don't have to be in a studio.

The now is that a exact theme was required for the verse but Nas delivered a generic verse excluding the requirements in the verse.

Read carefully.
Give me quotes sir.
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by WaffenSS(m): 10:33am On Oct 20, 2017
itchie:
$50,000? Shiiiit!!!! Abeg who dey find person wey go drop verse for him song. Contact me o, dropping verses on songs is my hubby.

You're married to dropping verses on songs?

Wish you HML.

2 Likes

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by kenny5811(m): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

as an insider wey u b abi?... dude, did u knw abt dis M.I $50k b4 now?...

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2017
joeeee240:
NAS NA AFONJA BASTARF
Haha... Ethnic bigot, Nas isn't a Yoruba. His father was christened (Olu Dara) when he toured Africa by a Yoruba Priest.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olu_Dara
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by kenny5811(m): 10:41am On Oct 20, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Oyinbo sef don dey do yahoo yahoo.
Scammee scamming the usual scammers
.... a case of d scammer bcumin d scammed.... Nas ryt now b screamin --- yahooooo oh oh!!! yahoooo oh oh!!! yahooooozeeee yahoooozeeee
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 10:43am On Oct 20, 2017
Abfinest007:
Nas career is dead long before now so you that is doing business with him is not wise
Na you kill his career. Nas is not like stupid mumble rappers like Gucci mane, Future and co.

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2017
[s]
kenny5811:
.... a case of d scammer bcumin d scammed.... Nas ryt now b screamin --- yahooooo oh oh!!! yahoooo oh oh!!! yahooooozeeee yahoooozeeee
[/s]
if brother MI catch you. I no dey oooo lipsrsealed
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Dearlord(m): 10:46am On Oct 20, 2017
MI Bleep up die
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:59am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

No think say na Nigerian labels and their artist relations where you can be signed to a label and be acting outside their purview in matters that are supposed to be business.

There is no American artist that can feature in anybody's sing without a proper contract ... If he told you he didn't pay for features he is lying.

Artist don't own themselves when it comes to their music and how they go about it
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Coloradvantage(m): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2017
dahunsy:
Coughs**clears throat# Olamide was right after all saying he wud rather stay local than pay any foreign artist heavly for a verse....Lolsss this M.I guy iz trying hard buh i guess NAS himself can smell his fake ass continent afar off grin how wud u pay whooping $50k just for M.I Chocolate city Nigeria grin grin Queens bridge Nas bla bla to be mentioned in a verse grin idris abdulkareem can say this naa....even Vic's O or speed Darlington grin grin
what do you know about entertainment biz and deal making?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by dvkot(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2017
mightiersa:

What do think is the reason Drake did not show in Come closer video?... If I pay the guy GOOD MONEY, he will feature in my wack song.
Did drake paid wizzy for one dance?
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by illustriousson(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2017
GoggleB:

Wizkid's manager has spoken

1 Like

Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2017
Nasiru Oludara Jones is a blooder, racketing is in his DNA... 'American Queenbridge thing'..
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 20, 2017
ebukahandsome:
Vector Tha viper and jesse jags are simply outstanding.
The rest are fake
i've heard jags is good,but i don't really know or hear much of his songs on tv most probably cos we don't listen to real music in Nigeria,please can you list about 5 or as many jags songs you know that has mad lines i really want to download them
Re: M.I Abaga Takes Nas To Court. Files A Lawsuit In New York by madjune(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2017
This MI will always be aboki.

Claiming MC and kissing foreign acts ass up and down.
When last did he drop any dope hit sef.

He better start some beer parlour biz soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson And Husband At Pastor Ofure's Birthday Party (pics) / Roman Goddess Building A House - 5-Bedroom Bungalow (Photo) / Beyonce, Rihanna And Nicki Minaj Baby Bumps (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.