Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,550 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? (5074 Views)

Pastor Impregnates Two Sisters In Lagos (pictured) / Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by SwtzMinx(f): 5:54am On Mar 15, 2010
.ask for God's guidance nd interpretation. .but some women take it t0o far. .imagine spending 5 h0urz at the hairdresser'z. .
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Outstrip(f): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2010
Inner beauty is what counts. Flamboyance is not Christ like. What is so new about that. It does not say do not wear jewelry or do not do your hair
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by pek(m): 8:27am On Mar 15, 2010
an age long debate i wouldnt like to go into.the truth is, moderation should be the key here.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2010
Oh please the bible was written by man - chauvinistic and ignorant MEN. Dont wear jewelry during those times = "dont be trying to enhance your beauty so another man can look at my property WOMAN!"

PLEASE! the only thing regarding jewelry that makes any ounce of sense in the bible is "render your hearts and not your garments/ do not participate in idol worship" in other words enhance all you want, heck wear green weave and purple eye contacts if you want with all the bling bling, BUT do not deny the presence of God and futhermore be as good as a person as you can; refrain from worshipping vanity as it can slide out of your life as easy or hard as it came, Simple.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by FBS: 8:46am On Mar 15, 2010
pek:

an age long debate i wouldnt like to go into.the truth is, moderation should be the key here.
+1.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by zmurda(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2010
Bible says you should not eat porks
Bible say you should kill adulterous people
Bible says an eye for an eye
Bible say many things,
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by seunspice(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2010
There is need for some level of spiritual understanding here, i am not a woman so i don't spend too much time on these passages when i read them, but like it has been said over and over on this thread, the keynote is moderation.
I corithians 14:40 - Let everything be done decently and in order.
Afterall our mortal bodies go to dust when we get out of here but our souls go above to be judged. I am therefore on that premise going to give more time and care for my spiritual well being than my body. I am however not going to let my body suufer because cleanliness is next to Godliness. If Jesus was not well clothed, the soldiers would not cast lots on his garments.
So its a little here and a little there but moderation is key.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Areaboy2(m): 9:44am On Mar 15, 2010
just like the 99.9% of ppl here that have never bothered to read the bible from cover to cover, context reading is all you do,

everyone takes everything out of context and hence watever favors them they take, watever doesn't favor them, they drop, thats what i hate so much about the church system in this country,

i bet you if we follow the bible word for word, we'll end up living lives of Jews (the founders of the religion), lol
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2010
Area_boy:

just like the 99.9% of ppl here that have never bothered to read the bible from cover to cover, context reading is all you do,

everyone takes everything out of context and hence watever favors them they take, watever doesn't favor them, they drop, thats what i hate so much about the church system in this country,

i bet you if we follow the bible word for word, we'll end up living lives of Jews (the founders of the religion), lol

Your name is something else grin shocked
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by ud4u: 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
Jere 4:30 says And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.

The scripture further said in 2Tim 2:19 Nevetheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

So the choice is your to make.

Shalom.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2010
shadrach77:

what peter actually meant was that ladies should focus on inner beauty rather than outer beauty - he wasn't really condemning jewellry wear

Very correct. To the rest who reply otherwise, u need the HOLYGHOST!!!
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Ovamboland(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2010
Area_boy:

everyone takes everything out of context and hence watever favors them they take,  watever doesn't favor them, they drop,  thats what i hate so much about the church system in this country,

Evidence shows the modern day Jews have practically abandoned the way of life of their fore-fathers (stoning rebellious children and adultrers to death, most animal sacrifice and incense burning, tithing, etc).
Yet they are making phenomenal progress and we are stuck with how to correctly interpret and adopt Jewish way of life in the Bible undecided
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by pator(m): 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2010
It is better to go too far than to go to little. If heaven is your goal, then no word of God will be too much for you to obey. Why dont you do it and when you get to heaven let God says you have taken it too far. Afterall there will be no punishment for that rather than been condemned for doing to little.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ @Estrella must be a cute damsel. Self xplanatory' was.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Mar 15, 2010
Christian Adornment

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." (Isaiah 61:10)

This beautiful Old Testament verse speaks eloquently of the appropriate adornments and clothing of Christians. The worldly person may dress in costly garments and ornate jewelry, but these are no better than hastily sown fig-leaf aprons (Genesis 3:7) or filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), if they merely attempt to beautify an unregenerate life. Far better than even the elaborate ornaments and jewels at an oriental wedding are the garments of salvation and the robe of righteousness prepared by God Himself, even though outwardly they may appear as mere "coats of skins" (Genesis 3:21).

Note the admonition of Paul in the New Testament. "I will therefore . . . that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works" (1 Timothy 2:8-10). Similarly, to Christian wives Peter says: "Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (1 Peter 3:3-4).

A Christian should also be clothed in "the whole armour of God . . . loins girt with truth . . . the breastplate of righteousness; . . . feet shod with . . . the gospel of peace; . . . the shield of faith . . . the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit" (Ephesians 6:13-17). Both by modest clothing and by a Spirit-controlled life, we thus ought to "adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things" (Titus 2:10). HMM
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by shawn123: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
grin kai women una funny o! even if the bible says though shall not wear mini skirt, some people will say '' true talk but the bible didnt ask us not to wear bum shots''. Haba! Isnt it soo clear ? the words are soo clear but then just because you are trying to justify the skimpy clothes you wear , you try to interpret to mislead others, Anyways rather than say how u interpret a simple sentence why dont you just say May God give me the strengh to do as preached grin Kai human beings una terrible sha!!!
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
dat verse means women should place more emphasis n priority on their inner self-CHARACTER,than d physical.however,it doesnt dat u should'nt take care of ur looks.but in a modest way.nofin should be in excess.simple make up,simple clothes dat enhances ur beauty n respect,neat n well dressed hair.pretty nails.period lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by hannydarl(f): 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2010
I remember the bible also said we should not worry for what we will eat or wear and that who ever wants to serve God must forget about brother
Mother and sister.Why dont I see people sitting with folded arms not working cos the bible said so and people leaving families as soon as they find christ? why havent I seen people plucking out eyes and arms like the bible said we should if they will lead us to sin?
Its amazing how some sects just force a law that they feel will distinguish them from others upon its followers
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by oge4real(f): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2010
Let me leave this space for the pastors and evangelists. Though no amount of preaching will make me leave my hair unkept.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by mamagee3(f): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2010
Poster. . .
You need to stop reading the Old testament and go get yourself a New Testament Bible. . .
Cause that quote you just stated is in the Old Testament in which women in those days used their Jewelries to show people how wealthy
they were and that's what led to the law of women shouldn't wear Jewelries to Church cause they used it to boast about their wealth.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ OP

Is that from Peter or from God?
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by bee444: 11:40pm On Mar 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Christian Adornment

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." (Isaiah 61:10)

This beautiful Old Testament verse speaks eloquently of the appropriate adornments and clothing of Christians. The worldly person may dress in costly garments and ornate jewelry, but these are no better than hastily sown fig-leaf aprons (Genesis 3:7) or filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6), if they merely attempt to beautify an unregenerate life. Far better than even the elaborate ornaments and jewels at an oriental wedding are the garments of salvation and the robe of righteousness prepared by God Himself, even though outwardly they may appear as mere "coats of skins" (Genesis 3:21).

Note the admonition of Paul in the New Testament. "I will therefore . . . that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works" (1 Timothy 2:8-10). Similarly, to Christian wives Peter says: "Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price" (1 Peter 3:3-4).

A Christian should also be clothed in "the whole armour of God . . . loins girt with truth . . . the breastplate of righteousness; . . . feet shod with . . . the gospel of peace; . . . the shield of faith . . . the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit" (Ephesians 6:13-17). Both by modest clothing and by a Spirit-controlled life, we thus ought to "adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things" (Titus 2:10). HMM

Let's cut the crap, ok! A Christian sister should only be kwown or critiqued by her character or by what comes out of her mouth. Lets stop this muslim bullsh*t of trying to make our beautiful sisters look out-of-touch and uncivilised. If y'all that concerned about their dressing or the way they look, why complain about those Muslims with veils?
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by lovemoi2(f): 1:08am On Mar 16, 2010
SEE HOW PEOPLE MISQUOTE THE BIBLE shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

anyhoo no won confuse myself so make i waka comot
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by hannydarl(f): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2010
See, bible said no hair plaiting or cloth wearing but rather we should be adorned with humility so all born koko sisters who cant stand the sight of a well groomed bible believing female remove your clothes and shave your hair according to you it is written in the bible.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by lovemoi2(f): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2010
hannydarl:

See, bible said no hair plaiting or cloth wearing but rather we should be adorned with humility so all born koko sisters who cant stand the sight of a well groomed bible believing female remove your clothes and shave your hair according to you it is written in the bible.
hahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by babanne(m): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2010
the bible does not say women should not use jeweleries but to focus on their spirituality and not physical things of the world.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by babanne(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2010
the bible does not say women should not use jeweleries but to focus on their spirituality and not physical things of the world.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by chakula: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
@All,

you were experienced the truth. But why most of your ladies were not complienced.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by chinedumo(m): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2010
Quote from: karo93 on 13-03-2010, 21:54:51
1.peter.3.3-4
You should not make use of outward aids TO MAKE YOURSELVES BEAUTIFUL, such as the way you do your hair, or the jewelry you wear. Instead your beauty should consist of your true inner self, the ageless beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, WHICH IS OF THE GREATEST VALUE IN GOD'S SIGHT.

so u believe that the bible condemns outward beauty. I know that the bible does not comdem outward beauty but condemns over dependence on the outside at the expence of the inside. why do i say so cos external beauty does not replace or prevent/hinder inner beauty at all. u can both be beautiful on the outside and on the inside. buth if external beauty affect your internal beauty please discard the external. When u want to achieve inner beauty it is foolish to use outward aids to enhance it cos it can't. the reference in this verse is totally for internal beauty. the Lord does not see as man Sees he sees the heart and not outward appearance. he is the God who made what u might term in human eyes ugly plain and unattractive together with the sexy beautiful and attractive. both in relationship with man man does not see the heart but the outward and a man and a woman of God must also please his/her spouse with the external. 1 Corinthians 7: 34 There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. U please your husband by taking care of his needs physically. Paul also said that a woman's long her was given her for her glory. God knows longer hair is glorious beautiful attractive majestic on a woman. the black race type of hair does not favour long growth as opposed to other races. hence the use of aids like attachment weavons  E.T.c to produce that effect.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 16, 2010
hannydarl:

No mind them. Even we should not plait our hair. I guess we Africans that plait our hair our sinning. grin
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by hannydarl(f): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2010
@ Stillwater

The thing tire me o if say na men this rule dey for nobody for remember to keep the comandment o.But as na how women supose waka with shameface and all ather stuff men for spri koko church go see to the enforcement.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by MissViola(f): 11:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
@ ayettymama

You have said it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. / Why Christians Ignorantly Oppose The Theory Of Evolution / End-time Bible Teaching: The Day Of The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.