Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? (5076 Views)

Pastor Impregnates Two Sisters In Lagos (pictured) / Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Why Are Our Christian Leaders Quiet On This Fuel Subsidy Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by latepa(m): 1:17am On Mar 17, 2010
well i think i have nothing to say about this because it's only Holy Spirit that can teach us the Bible very well
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by ononogbu(f): 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2010
It means we should focus on our inner beauty, rather than spend too much time trying to look beautyful

because real beauty lies in the soul which cannot be curropted- i think this verse is very beautiful

But i must add- it doesnt say 'thou shalt not wear gold and braid your hair'

some churches take one verse from the whole of the bible misinterprete and build doctrines on it!

but i guess its how the spirit reveals to each individual- women shouldnt feel like it means we shouldnt look good

personal decisions should be made with God and not what man is trying to trick you into thinking

pls don't misinterprete the word of God; bible saying about our inner beauty and we should have a clear spirit and forget the things of this world.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by joeychick: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2010
Pls be modest, that will be all.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Gtitan: 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2010
Seeing this verse I can not help but think that because we are human, and no matter how much we claim to be spiritual, our opinions will still be subject to our personal views and takes on particular issues.  Sorry I am not half as spiritual or religious as most of the members of this thread but I quite understand that the bible verse in question does not entirely mean that women should not wear jewelry or any form of body adornment as stated or intended.  Even from a liberal point of view (i.e not spiritual) it simply states that inner beauty (of the heart) should be given more priority than jewelry and all other forms of body adornments that enhance physical beauty.

Yet again, I cannot help but understand why some churches and individuals misinterpret this verse based on the evident fact that today , this verse is also the excuse as to why both women and men dress inappropriately.  I mean, it swings both ways, on the one hand, you should be more concerned with how you look inside but on the other, it doesn't say you should not wear what you think makes you beautiful.

If we all did things that we thought were right then where are the standards to judge from?  Many of you have stated that you need the intervention of the holy spirit to understand the message in the bible, I  however see this differently.  I believe the message in the bible is clear and broken down for even the liberal man to believe. (Just as this verse is simple to understand).  The thing is we are human and most time we are subject to opinions which are subject to the knowledge we have gathered from our environment (being most times what we see and what we are told).

This is why sometimes, or many times, it seems as though christian do no comply with the rules in the message of the Bible.  Someone stated that Paul was against women preaching in church.  I have also heard that women should cover their hair in the temple of God and I have also heard that there is a format governing how the language of tounges should be spoken in church.  To be honest, while the Bible is quite static in delivering its message, Christians who receive this message are governed by a dynamic world.  That is, while the Bible does not change (or is not supposed to change) human beings (Christians)  are constantly changing and hence they must adapt the static nature of the Bible to their ever changing environment.

Please understand that besides being a spiritual and religious book the bible is also a book which sets the laws, the morals, philosophy as well as history of a particular people that still exist today (the Jews). Hence no matter the level of spiritualism we attach to the Bible as Christians, it will always contain the opinions (which are subject to the laws, philosophy etc of that time) of the writers.  If you doubt this fact, then please read the account of Jesus Christ according to all the disciples and you will see that they are not all the same even if the pattern is the same.

Today women are more open to society than they have ever been. At one time in history, common women (of middle/low class) couldn't come out in public, let to even vote or rule a country. Today they do all these things and even more.  The Bible is specific about a woman's place but today, that has changed and we see women taking far greater roles in society than that detailed to them in the Bible.  This leaves all kinds of questions which I believe, we just should not bother about.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by Dblank(f): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2010
Who wrote the BIBLE is it not people like u and i.Plus the one GOD talk and d one he no talk about lipsrsealed,them put am.We over do these things sumtimes.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by adetoru(f): 12:54am On Mar 26, 2010
It's simple really;don't show too much skin,don't put on too tight trousers or too tight and short skirts or see through blouses
@poster,Paul did say most of what he said about female dressing and conduct in the church are his own opinions and not LAW and he made it clear because of this same reason,so there won't be any conflict or division in the church.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by sley4life(m): 6:00pm On May 02, 2010
I dont know if its interpreted in the modern world.
Re: What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? by sley4life(m): 6:01pm On May 02, 2010
the world has now turned gone fashion. I dont know how our females would look without it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophecies For Nigeria 2013 Unveiled By Prophet Olaye George / Atheists Have To "Read Hard" Before Concluding, Theists Just Know Whatsup. / How Will You Prefer To Be Buried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.