Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm (31525 Views)

Murphy Ijemba , Sean Amadi Hit Max FM With Rush Hour Show / Murphy Ijemba Displaces “citizen Jones” And Kubanji Direct / Tinubu’s Radio Continental Changes Name To Max Fm (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by oloriLFC(f): 9:18am On Oct 21, 2017
I've not listened to Brila since he, Elegbete and Sean left. On to 102.3

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Abbeycharles(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2017
This is a welcome development for MAX FM
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2017
Am breathless
My prayers have been answered
My evening will once again feel like Christmas...

Thanks Shawn and Murphy
God's gift to Lagos airwaves

3 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by obinoral1179(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2017
TamzyJ:
Eaaaaaaaageeeeeeerrrrr!!!!)
If you havent heard murphy on radio,u need to.
That guy is the bomb
Murphy Ijemba and Sean Amadi got me locked erryday on Brila...
Now on 102.3...if you love sports,tune in...if u want to laugh,tune in...if u need prayers,tune in...cuz Murphy is always eager!!!!
omo Iya..... Omolebi.. Onyenekwu.... The only OAP with Wazobia in his blood...

3 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by lexyman(m): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2017
murphy my favorite .... initially i dont like the guy cos of his noise . i got addicted to brilla fm cos of their combination ..... i am shifting to max fm .. if the Md of Max fm is smart .... go and sign another striker to strengthen your attack .... Elegbete can make the combo a sweet one

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by femi4: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2017
TamzyJ:
That guy is the bomb
Now on 102.3...if you love sports,tune in...if u want to laugh,tune in...if u need prayers,tune in...cuz Murphy is always eager!!!!
The son of CAF, the grandson of FIFA...... Welcome back!

Waiting for Edafe to join the gang

Popular side on the move.....jejewayo
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by AntiWailer: 9:26am On Oct 21, 2017
Same time
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by columbus007(m): 9:27am On Oct 21, 2017
Those guys that use to shout on the mic,making a hell of noise,fvck them.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by mywells: 9:27am On Oct 21, 2017
change I begie ,Murphy omo aye gbe ra
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by femi4: 9:29am On Oct 21, 2017
oloriLFC:
I've not listened to Brila since he, Elegbete and Sean left. On to 102.3
Hard tackle is no longer interesting, nobody tackle overdose better like Elegbete

Also, using topmost striker as an anchor of hard tackle is a no no for me

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by AntiWailer: 9:31am On Oct 21, 2017
edeXede:
embarassed

He joined a sinking ship

He can float it.

People like you join a steady ship and command no respect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by jaytime(m): 9:33am On Oct 21, 2017
I like this. Radio paparazzi is back. All road leads to Max Fm
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Jagabanmonerry(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2017
Radio paparazzi.... Welcome brother along with radio most wanted... Sean Amadi. MaxFm. Here we come!
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by crunchyg: 9:40am On Oct 21, 2017
grin
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by gift01: 9:42am On Oct 21, 2017
femi4:
The son of CAF, the grandson of FIFA...... Welcome back!

Waiting for Edafe to join the gang

Popular side on the move.....jejewayo
Edafe cannot join the gang. He's a Boss of his own and got his crew. He prefers YouTube for how via Elegbete TV

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by excanny: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2017
Its unfortunate but this station had the best talk shows I know of, especially by citizen Jones.

Its unwise to drop all talk show, should have been better limited.
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by desmond2pk: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Initially I didn't know what I was getting into. I thought they were noise makers. But I had no chose because the traffic from v.i to mainland was a daily occurrence. So I started listening to them. Then I found out that that was the best thing on Nigeria airwaves. It keeps you smiling while on that hellish traffic. Murphy is from another planet. Sean, sean, he adds a type of flavour to the programme, you can't get it elsewhere. Sexy joe is another woman from Jupiter. Her local and igbotic accent can not be equalled.
But surprisingly, I heard another people one day on brilla fm that are not Murphy and his team. That's all.
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 21, 2017
Honestly... That guy Murphy is simply a noise maker... he keeps shouting @ the top of his voice each time he loads up on air @ brila... l suffer severe migraine headache each time l try to endure a nano second when he is on the mic... in my opinion he ain't doing half the Job Femi Obong Daniels and co. does @ a serene and professional Nigeria info FM. l just can't discover a good enough reason while he chooses to shout all the time!

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Ekaka1(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2017
quiverfull:
From what I heard, Larry did not treat this guy well and he had to port. That's life. Enjoy your new terrain Murphy.

Please google the story you will even see scanned letters from Brila FM Management. They claim that there was an internal shuffle and both men did not like it and took a walk unceremoniously. Brila did not come up with any statement until Murphy started spewing on social media that He's left Brila and also shaded Francis Dogo for sounding like him....etc...it sounded childish and at worst immature .
Then Brila put out a scanned memo to explain their side of the story and then Went on air to say they never sacked Murphy or Sean as a lot of people initially believed .

These men then sent in e-mail apologies (it's also on social media) and used the medium to explain they have left. Brila FM then insisted they should recall their contract and the notification requirement for exit. They also at this point reminded I think it's Murphy that He was still still owing car loans etc.

I am an Employee of a reputable multinational company and I have worked there for at least 20 years, I happen to know that there are rules of engagements/disengagement in most organization and at employment you have to read and sign-off to show you agree to abide by those clauses in your contract because you may need to refer to them when you decide to leave no matter how emotional things get.
You may start by engaging HR earlier and understand how many months notice in lieu before you leave , then you also engage the Indistrial relation team if you sense things might get messy...and if it does get messy, seek an arbitration panel, if that don't work you both then go to court, even while in court one part may call to settle out of court..
Either way, the company's reputation is on the line and leaves room for speculation such as yours and the individuals no matter how good or popular they are may also suffer some reputational or trust related damage to their career.

My final analysis of the issue, employees ...especially those in public eyes should never act on impulse on matter that will eventually go to the court of public opinion.

Employers should weigh and act fast to curb anything that will bring them to disrepute even though no organization should be held ransome by individuals .

This matter is CERTAINLY not done yet, I hope the boys know what they are doing though.

4 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by adioolayi(m): 9:58am On Oct 21, 2017
onto max fm..abi wetin you call am....the station name no important, na the frequency matter 102.3...I go dey receive my daily dose henceforth...Murphy Ijemba and Sean Amadi, bad combo...those guys no well. grin

The radio Jagaban is back on the mic....presenter to badt, irunmole to'nje jollof rice...lol
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2017
Honestly... That guy Murphy is simply a loud mouth... he keeps shouting @ the top of his voice each time he loads up on air @ brila... l suffer severe migraine headache each time l try to endure a nano second when he is on the mic... in my opinion he ain't doing half the Job Femi Obong Daniels and co. does @ a serene and professional Nigeria info FM. l just can't discover a good enough reason while he chooses to shout all the time!
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by adioolayi(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2017
Ekaka1:

Please google the story you will even see scanned letters from Brila FM Management. They claim that there was an internal shuffle and both men did not like it and took a walk unceremoniously. Brila did not come up with any statement until Murphy started spewing on social media that He's left Brila and also shaded Francis Dogo for sounding like him....etc...it sounded childish and at worst immature .
Then Brila put out a scanned memo to explain their side of the story and then Went on air to say they never sacked Murphy or Sean as a lot of people initially believed .

These men then sent in e-mail apologies (it's also on social media) and used the medium to explain they have left. Brila FM then insisted they should recall their contract and the notification requirement for exit. They also at this point reminded I think it's Murphy that He was still still owing car loans etc.

I am an Employee of a reputable multinational company and I have worked there for at least 20 years, I happen to know that there are rules of engagements/disengagement in most organization and at employment you have to read and sign-off to show you agree to abide by those clauses in your contract because you may need to refer to them when you decide to leave no matter how emotional things get.
You may start by engaging HR earlier and understand how many months notice in lieu before you leave , then you also engage the Indistrial relation team if you sense things might get messy...and if it does get messy, seek an arbitration panel, if that don't work you both then go to court, even while in court one part may call to settle out of court..
Either way, the company's reputation is on the line and leaves room for speculation such as yours and the individuals no matter how good or popular they are may also suffer some reputational or trust related damage to their career.

My final analysis of the issue, employees ...especially those in public eyes should never act on impulse on matter that will eventually go to the court of public opinion.

Employers should weigh and act fast to curb anything that will bring them to disrepute even though no organization should be held ransome by individuals .

This matter is CERTAINLY not done yet, I hope the boys know what they are doing though.
Your analysis is deep...No individual is bigger than an organisation....Just that in this sector, OAPs drive traffic to stations....Dr Larry should have managed his stars well. In the name of reshuffling, I don't think he should seperate OAPs that have formed a brand under your organisation...people loved them! I think he felt threatened by their popularity. He should have mange them well. Just like football...Neymar, Dembele and the likes forced their way out of where they were.
I agree Murphy was childish about the way he went about it....Brila also lost Elegbete....That was their biggest loss...the fuss was not so loud because Elegbete acted maturely.
anyways....I wish all of them the very best

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by tall2ce(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2017
I hope that fool called Dogo Francis can be original and not copy Murphy voice and style again. Lots of people would move to Max Drive and leave Popular side. I like the way Murphy call Sean Amadi like Shaw Amad. grin grin
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by hucienda: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2017
Murphy Ijemba!!! cheesy Sean Amadi cool

Leggo!

Looks like 102.3 Max FM has added one new member to their audience.

[s]errr ... but that one no mean say we go forget the name change na to indirectly distract us as dem dey try silence opposition voices to d current maladministration at d FG[/s]
angry
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by jaymichael(m): 10:29am On Oct 21, 2017
chenzen:
Honestly... That guy Murphy is simply a loud mouth... he keeps shouting @ the top of his voice each time he loads up on air @ brila... l suffer severe migraine headache each time l try to endure a nano second when he is on the mic... in my opinion he ain't doing half the Job Femi Obong Daniels and co. does @ a serene and professional Nigeria info FM. l just can't discover a good enough reason while he chooses to shout all the time!
The show he hosted at brila fm was called 'popular side' and popular side is usually noisy, loud, lively and boisterous.
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Justiceleague1: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2017
So Radio Continental is Max Fm,thats cool.

If ye be in Lasgidi,apcharam,nnamdikanu,ozaokpe,zenmaster,masterkim,jetleeee,kunglawuuu,victordanladi,edu3again, endevour to avail yourself with tomao's "Hymns Inspired", 0600hrs. I dont miss it,even whem am @ the Atlantics.

cheesy cool
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Obierika(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2017
quiverfull:
From what I heard, Larry did not treat this guy well and he had to port. That's life. Enjoy your new terrain Murphy.

That's what people always say...

Leaving a radio station owned by a veteran sportscaster to a radio station owned by a politician cos of money is not a very good idea...go and ask journalists who left reputable newspaper houses to join Compass Newspapers owned by Gbenga Daniel when he was governor of Ogun State
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by enemmo(f): 10:37am On Oct 21, 2017
TamzyJ:
That guy is the bomb

But why does Murphy make noise like that?

Sometimes even when another person is talking, he will be supplying background sound.

Congratulations to them though.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by ChineduUjU2020: 10:43am On Oct 21, 2017
Mupy is a noise maker

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Ndy1919: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2017
widepussy:
is he related to Efe Ijemba?
no who wants to be related to a wide pussy.... You're a waste of sperm
Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Justiceleague1:
So Radio Continental is Max Fm,thats cool.

If ye be in Lasgidi,apcharam,nnamdikanu,ozaokpe,zenmaster,masterkim,jetleeee,kunglawuuu,victordanladi,edu3again, endevour to avail yourself with tomao's "Hymns Inspired", 0600hrs. I dont miss it,even whem am @ the Atlantics.

cheesy cool
Church music?

1 Like

Re: Murphy Ijemba Of Brila Fm Is Now With The New Max Fm by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 21, 2017
Its called POACHING.. Its allowed.. ManU did same to arsenal sometimes ago.. U go for experienced if u r onto doin somtin big.. Dats d traffic MaxFM b talkin abt.. Ppu go hear Dem cos of dis hommies now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Songs That Have Featured In Hollywood Movies / Drake Preforms Wizkid's "Come Closer" At OVOFEST Concert In Toronto (Video) / NBC Bans Ric Hassani’s ‘Thunder Fire You’ Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.