Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,027 members, 7,852,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake (1030 Views)

How Some Of Us Guys Make Mistake.(story) / I Am Presently In Love With 2 Men Please Help Advise Who To Choose (no Insults) / My Fiancee Wants To Break Up With Me Because Of This Issue. Help Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
This is not about.romance
I'm a female
There is a girl I always admired she is 4 years older than me

I always looked up to her and thought she was amazing: beautiful, intelligent, hard working etc

When I saw her in Facebook I was scared to add her
However, I decided to add her and send a message saying "congratulation on your graduation " - she ignored me and after a long request rejected my add. I did not have a profile picture at the time but I had my name and we had a mutual friend. I was shocked so I added her again but she rejected me again.

I was confused but moved on with my life. I met her a year later as I was asked by her mum to be aseobi for wedding and I said yes. I met her and she was friendly and smiling, and tried to hug me but I was friendly and smiling but did not really hug as I felt why should I hug someone that doesn't think.I'm worthy enough to be their friend on Facebook. My mum asked her.if she knew.me and she said yes...

Anyways, I moved on and gave her benefit of doubt, its not by force to accept someone in facebook. I was aseobi at her wedding.
I later sent her another message on Facebook saying hello Mrs ademola, how are you? And she replied "all is well. You?" I said fine and she did not reply again.. No thank you for taking the day off work/school and sewing clothes to be aseobi, she sounded so blunt

I did not contact her again for a few years.. But then someone close to me died and because she also went through a similar thing a long time ago I sent her a message saying what happened to me "hi, my sister died etc.." She saw the message and just did not reply.

What did I did to deserve this from my role.model? She seems wicked.
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 21, 2017
Everyone mustn't be your friend. Live with that mentality. That we've had few interactions or that you could recognise me facially doesn't mean we should be friends. Some people are better left as acquaintants for those who choose friends wisely.

Again, stick to taking invites from the host to avoid embarrassing situations. That her mother asked you be her Asoebe doesn't mean she was ok with all the girls chosen as Asoebe except the ones she invited herself. You had an idea of whom you were dealing with from your few chats with her but you seem desperate to be in her life. Never want someone more than they want you. And lastly, in case of next time, keep your dignity intact. Don't go begging for friendship like your life depends on it.

3 Likes

Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 21, 2017
Benita27:
Everyone mustn't be your friend. Live with that mentality. That we've had few interactions or that you could recognise me facially doesn't mean we should be friends. Some people are better left as acquaintants for those who chose friends wisely.

Again, stick to taking invites from the host to avoid embarrassing situations. That her mother asked you be her Asoebe doesn't mean she was ok with all the girls chosen as Asoebe except the ones she invited herself. You had an idea of whom you were dealing with from your few chats with her but you seem desperate to be in her life. Never want someone more than they want you. And lastly, in case of next time, keep your dignity intact. Don't go begging for friendship like your life depends on it.

Thanks dear
I was just shocked someone I put as my role model to treat me like this
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by fatimababy95(f): 12:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Have you invested as much this year in your career as in your car?
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

Thanks dear
I was just shocked someone I put as my role model to treat me like this
You were the one seeing her as a friend, she wasn't seeing you as such. That being said, at least a "thank you" would do to all those who participated as her Asoebe even if she wasn't interested in friendship.
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 21, 2017
fatimababy95:
Have you invested as much this year in your career as in your car?

Pls answer my q
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by ashjay001(m): 12:14am On Oct 21, 2017
babaolowo1000:

Thanks dear I was just shocked someone I put as my role model to treat me like this

Was she aware u would appreciate her mentoring u?
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by youcanmakeit: 12:25am On Oct 21, 2017
You are acting like a kid. Go get a life

1 Like

Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 21, 2017
Macgreat:
You need Wallpapers in your rooms.
Check signature
give that man a wallpaper
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by MrDandy(m): 2:27am On Oct 21, 2017
What is Asoebe? embarassed
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Dasherz(f): 3:24am On Oct 21, 2017
MrDandy:
What is Asoebe? embarassed
more like bridal train for traditional marriage
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by MrDandy(m): 3:33am On Oct 21, 2017
Dasherz:

more like bridal train for traditional marriage
Yea but I think that spelling is wrong.. isn’t it asoebi?
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by Dasherz(f): 3:44am On Oct 21, 2017
MrDandy:
Yea but I think that spelling is wrong.. isn’t it asoebi?

Well I think it's a typo then
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by 912(m): 3:48am On Oct 21, 2017
You are just obsessed with her. I think she needs to block you so you can leave her alone. Is it by force to be your friend?

By the way, why on earth would you share a personal loss experience with someone that is not even your friend and you guys do not have any previous communication. Is she a counsellor?
Re: Open Open Open Please Help Advise Me Before I Make Mistake by ednut1(m): 5:59am On Oct 21, 2017
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is This The Only Way Naija Girls Can Be In The Mood? / Hello Ladies Come In And Kindly Share Your Honest Experience Wit Breast Products / Airtel Is Stealing From Me (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.