Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi (1294 Views)

Adeyinka Grandson Arrested In London. Kayode Ogundamisi Reacts / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 21, 2017
Kayode Ogundamisi, a popular social activist and political commentator who campaigned for President Muhammadu Buhari as a presidential candidate in 2015, on Friday lamented that the Nigerian leader has lost the trust the people had when they cast their votes for him.

He was speaking to SaharaReporters on the prospects of the two major political parties ahead of the 2019 election, stressing that the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) cannot produce a President fit to rule Nigeria.

Mr. Ogundamisi said he regretted his support of President Buhari, saying he is performing below expectation.

Nigerians, he said, wanted a change in governance and a new democratic dispensation but President Buhari has failed woefully to deliver that.

He expressed similar dismissal of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, stressing he had been unable to utilize his opportunity when he was the President of the country, leading to him being voted out by the populace.

“If I am to rate the present President, I would score him four out of ten because expectations were high then, the people were there to support him because they wanted that change and wanted this government to live to its word but I don’t think this government has lived up to expectation,” Ogundamisi said.

Kayode Ogundamisi
In that regard, he said he would continue to condemn the government for a lot of things President Buhari should have done better, saying he has squandered some of the trust Nigerians had for him and it would take a long time for him to get it back.

Of the future, he said it was a big question mark depending on who comes out in 2019, adding that it is for the Nigerian people to decide, but that he does not think PDP can produce a President for Nigeria.

He applauded the Buhari-led administration for its anti-corruption fight, stating it has shown effort in tackling the menace although it has not done enough.

Commenting on the medical outreach carried out by Nigeria military which has caused an uproar in some parts of the country, Mr. Ogundamisi advised Nigerians to desist from spreading false news about it, saying it is the students who are being taken out of school will lose the most.

“We should not because of our personal hatred for a particular leader discomfort our young children and spread rumor that will stop our education,” he said. “Every second a child misses school, you are injuring the future of that person whether at Enugu, Rivers or Ondo or in Lagos, we are in 2017. We should not because of our politics cause rumor that will destroy our kids.”

Ogundamisi also dismissed the view of the Presidency about the unity of the country, noting that various ethnic groups lived separately before amalgamation in 1914 and that those who wish should be allowed to demand their rights.

“I do not support the idea that we cannot talk about disintegration, I personally do not believe that the unity of Nigeria is non-negotiable; the unity of Nigeria is negotiable. Nigeria is made up of ethnic personalities that are more or less state nation.”

He affirmed that Nigerians should be able to have an honest discussion about disintegration, knowing where to draw the line, reasoning that if being together is going to kill more people, Nigerians need to look for ways of resolving the problem.

Mr. Ogundamisi admonished Nigeria youths to be more active and involved in the nation’s politics, as they are the ones who can lead the country back on the right track. He also advised them to shun the hate messages being preached in the country as they can cause havoc.
http://saharareporters.com/2017/10/20/buhari-has-lost-trust-people-says-uk-based-activist-kayode-ogundamisi[url][/url]

1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by okosodo: 5:26am On Oct 21, 2017
He only had the trust of ignoramuses

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by crackerspub: 5:26am On Oct 21, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

true talk
Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Firefire(m): 5:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Another brainwashed Zone-B delivered, but too late. You will never go unpunished for your support error given to the dullard.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 21, 2017
Firefire:
Another brainwashed Zone-B delivered, but too late. You will never go unpunished for your support error given to the dullard.
Buhari was packaged as an angel of light,but he is a devil in disguise.Many people were deceived by his so called honesty and integrity.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Throwback: 5:48am On Oct 21, 2017
Firefire:

He as most of us, have no regrets that we sacked Jonathan and PDP. And PDP and Jonathan will never go unpunished. Part of my own disappointment with the Buhari regime is that Jonathan is not languishing in jail yet.

If Buhari and APC do not deliver as expected, we will sack them too.

We are liberated people and we know what we want and what we do not want.

Never mistake a dismissal of the Buhari/APC regime, as an approval of ineffectual buffoonery.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Firefire(m): 5:51am On Oct 21, 2017
DutchBruh:

Buhari was packaged as an angel of light,but he is a devil in disguise.Many people were deceived by is so called honesty and integrity.

We warned Nigerians against bringing a bigot, an expired and overused element into power in the 21st century, but they rather allowed themselves to be misled.

Only the religious extremists among us still support Buhary in the face of his monumental failure

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Fucklove(m): 5:54am On Oct 21, 2017
Hello Good people of Nigeria. Please i wish to seek for help in my job hunting as a student to keep body and soul together. I'm ready to engage myself in any legit work that would get me paid in return.I'm a student of federal polytechnic oko, and to be sincere, getting a part-time work is not an easy task and I'm really tired of depending or borrowing from people around me.
Please any member here within the school environ or knows any available spot that i can engage myself while studying should be please fix me in. God bless
Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Baawaa(m): 6:17am On Oct 21, 2017
A tree cannot make a forest, Buhari alone cannot change Nigeria,as a president he is trying

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by BiafraIShere(m): 6:21am On Oct 21, 2017
He forgot that zombies still worship him like a Deity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by nawtyme: 6:26am On Oct 21, 2017
Even his hard core supporters are disappointed in him yet the the unpaid supporters on Nairaland from the slave tribe still supports him. Leaves one to wonder why?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by ajepako(f): 6:29am On Oct 21, 2017
No way....

Nigerians ( zombie United) have complete confidence in Baba Bubu according to Boda Femi

Ogundaisis better don't come home or 'Nigerians who trust Baba Bubu ' will make a mince meat out of your skin..

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by IamPatriotic(m): 6:30am On Oct 21, 2017
Buhari is failing, he has in fact failed but his failure is not at the level of Jonathan's, although, that is no longer the talking point, because he was elected to succeed where Jonathan failed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Moyinoluwa35(f): 6:36am On Oct 21, 2017
So embarrassing.....read South African 's reaction to Zuma's statue: Papiki Noko Mphalaborwa: That is an awesome strategy by Nigeria to unveil the showerhead statue. They want a free pass to import drugs and illegal people into our country Klass Happy Marobola: Even top criminials respect Zuma for his crooked ways. Charles Ernest Doller: Too many drugs that killing our south Africa and shame on Zuma for his honour with this corruption 782 or maybe more during 2017. Lisa Shosha: Can they take him and make him a permanent resident. Phiri James Gordon: The most corrupt country in the world honours one of their own. Antonella Di Cicco: Stop wasting your money on Nonsense and feed your people. Dudley wells: Isn’t that the state where all the drug dealers come from? They are honoring him for protecting the trade. Leon Barries Bernard: Why don’t they just take Zuma , we will donate him to Nigeria with a years supply of pap en vleis. Ehiscuttie Craig: He was not honoured by Nigeria, he was honoured by a state that are known for drugs dealings all over the world. Muzi Nsibande: The most corrupt president in the African continent is honoured with a bronze statue in one of Africa’s most corrupt country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by aolawale025: 6:44am On Oct 21, 2017
Glad he's seen the light.
If they heeded warnings then, we would have been better off now

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Lordave: 6:59am On Oct 21, 2017
PMD doesn't even have any trust for himself let alone the People's trust. When you know you're an empty can you know you're a nothing but an object of target practice for sporty little children.

Buhari knows he's just nothing but an object of experiment, Nigerians are practising "enduring hardship" with Buhari should in case he leaves Aso Rock and they happen to be tricked in voting in another clueless old dúllard as their president.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by arrhem: 7:14am On Oct 21, 2017
Na today Buhari is a failure to this country

For scholarships, schools admission, visa processing, etc to study in any country visit http://arrhem..com

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Paperwhite(m): 7:23am On Oct 21, 2017
shocked shocked The zombiesm don clear for this man's sense abi?Buhari have been a failure,he is a failure still and will remain so forever.Meanwhile Femi Adeshina is drooling,hallucinating & insulting our sensibility on how Nigerians are over-whelmingly in love & so much trust Buhari that they even refused to protest when he inflicted more hardship by increasing the pump price of fuel to #146.(http://punchng.com/nigerians-trust-buhari-presidents-aide-replies-jonathan/)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Paperwhite(m): 7:34am On Oct 21, 2017
[/b]"Ogundamisi said he regretted his support of President Buhari, saying he is performing below expectation."[b] Zombie don well.Who next pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Nbote(m): 7:42am On Oct 21, 2017
Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Nbote(m): 7:46am On Oct 21, 2017
Baawaa:
A tree cannot make a forest, Buhari alone cannot change Nigeria,as a president he is trying

Taaaaaa.... He is trying as what or in what capacity? Dey are no different if not worse than d last administration and its made worse becos dey painted d previous administration is d worst thing ever and portrayed demselves as our Knights in shiny amour to d rescue.. They have turned to b even worse.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by tuniski: 7:51am On Oct 21, 2017
Throwback:

He as most of us, have no regrets that we sacked Jonathan and PDP. And PDP and Jonathan will never go unpunished. Part of my own disappointment with the Buhari regime is that Jonathan is not languishing in jail yet.

If Buhari and APC do not deliver as expected, we will sack them too.

We are liberated people and we know what we want and what we do not want.

Never mistake a dismissal of the Buhari/APC regime, as an approval of ineffectual buffoonery.

Yes, GEJ was voted out and GEJ is not contesting in 2019. Focus on Buhari's administration and be ready to support the colossal failure it has turned to or vote him out. It is no longer a question of if he fails, he has failed! Buhari is a lost opportunity!!!!!

It beats intelligence,with barely 2months to full election cycle that you are still talking GEJ instead of focusing 100% on assessment of Buhari.
Free yourself from self guilt by moving on from 2015 to looking ahead to 2019!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Buhari......na Shekau mentor.

He is a ritualistic alfa. Heartless Osama bin Laden of Northern Nigeria..

God will remove him by Himself........

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by SalamRushdie: 7:57am On Oct 21, 2017
Within 6 months of PMBs leadership I knwe he had nothing to offer but destruction so I immediately pulled out any support I had for him... I maintain that only Sadist,Bigots, Dishonest people , bad belle and never do wells still support the dull devil of Daura

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Daviddson(m): 8:13am On Oct 21, 2017
I like this man's straightforwardness. He knows when to speak out to defend Buhari and when to fire voltrons at him. I'm sure he'd have been a source of moral support for Kanu if he had been civil in his approach, as Ogundamisi was a former secessionist himself before he escaped to London around 2001.
Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2017
Firefire:
Like those of you who supported Gej are anyway better. If Gej had won, he'd also Bleep up and the apc zombies would be saying the same thing you're saying now. Y'all are the same whether apc or pdp supporters and apologists - sycophants, political jobbers and zombies.

So shutt da fuccck up as you have no moral standing to cast aspersion on ogundamisi.

At least he was bold enough to say the undiluted truth. Can the same be said of you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Omeokachie: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2017
Trust issues!

Those of us who have followed Buhari's career as military head of state and his performance as PTF chairman knew he has nothing to offer.

Politicians shielded him from nigerians when he refused to take part in any debate to sell his ideas...an applicant that refused to be interviewed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Firefire(m): 8:28am On Oct 21, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Like those of you who supported Gej are anyway better. If Gej had won, he'd also Bleep up and the apc zombies would be saying the same thing you're saying now. Y'all are the same whether apc or pdp supporters and apologists - sycophants, political jobbers and zombies.

So shutt da fuccck up as you have no moral standing to cast aspersion on ogundamisi.

At least he was bold enough to say the undiluted truth. Can the same be said of you?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by kally01(m): 9:40am On Oct 21, 2017
is it the same kayode thats always saying rubbish on twitter
Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by ivandragon: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2017
ColonelDrake:

if I may...

you rarely find people defending GEJ vehemently as much as you find those defending PMB even in the face of obvious failings.

pre-2014, most Nigerians (masses) were usually united when it came to condemning perceived corrupt acts, regardless of the tribe or religion of the leader.

but today, we have people trying to make distinctions on what corruption is, abusing those who point out the double standards, hypocrisy & flaws of this 'regime'.

in their minds, Nigeria's problems started in 2010, or when peppered with historical facts, 1999...

but the fact is that all our leaders, past & present, have not done enough to justify the positions they have held.

so, the same way some people point to GEJ's administration as a failure & that he can never lead us again, is the same way that some people had experienced or researched PMB's past leadership & character, believed that he was not the right person to lead us.

our focus should now be, who can Nigerians entrust with our present & future?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Lost The Trust Of The People,Says UK-Based Activist Kayode Ogundamisi by Throwback: 10:10am On Oct 21, 2017
tuniski:

Yes, GEJ was voted out and GEJ is not contesting in 2019. Focus on Buhari's administration and be ready to support the colossal failure it has turned to or vote him out. It is no longer a question of if he fails, he has failed! Buhari is a lost opportunity!!!!!

It beats intelligence,with barely 2months to full election cycle that you are still talking GEJ instead of focusing 100% on assessment of Buhari.
Free yourself from self guilt by moving on from 2015 to looking ahead to 2019!

Is the news report not about a statement credited to a discarded employee called Jonathan ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just Negodu Mind Bending Fuckery.. / ... / Jonathan Adminstration Was Reckless And Paid A Lot Of Folks To Shut Up – Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.