Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is There Suffering In Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Suffering In Heaven. (1237 Views)

If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Suffering In Heaven. by aribisala0(m): 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2017
BY HEAVEN" . I refer to the Christian or even Muslim notion of Paradise.

Is heaven a place of endless enjoyment with no suffering whatsoever. Is this sensible or even possible.
Surely there cannot be enjoyment without suffering?
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
aint no one to tell for sure
aribisala0:

Is heaven a place of endless enjoyment with no suffering whatsoever. Is this sensible or even possible.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by gentle136(m): 11:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
d simple answer I have for you is go and read your bible.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by aribisala0(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
If a mother is in heaven and she knows her son is suffering in Hell can she be happy. Is she not suffering

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Seun(m): 12:03am On Oct 22, 2017
Knowing that most of your lovers, family members, and friends are being tortured in hell fire would be a form of suffering for you even if you were lucky to make heaven (which is by grace, i.e. luck)

Update: aribisala0 said it already.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by HCpaul(m): 1:36am On Oct 22, 2017
Heaven is not even a nice place to live to begin with... Ask the devil, am sure he knows best.

Any territory or kingdom that once experienced war has the potential of re experiencing one in the nearest future.

Unfortunately, out of curiosity and desperate agitations from our beloved heavens candidates, one day, another war will break up in heaven just as it once did.

Have you ever bothered to ask what triggered Satan to agitate and protested against God Heaven's media group twisted the word protest and agitation and replaced it with the word "rebel." The devil did not rebel, he agitated for freedom just like the biafrans.

Even if I make heaven, the fact that the entire human race has gone extinct including our history, science, technologies and civilisations will make me to always feel sobber in heaven.

If there is no science in heaven then paradise is not worth heading to.

And if there is a God that equate an intelligent designer and an intelligent designer that equate a God, then to me, science will be his religion, genius will be his chosen one, scientists will be his disciples, Einstein will be his prophet, Newton his Apostle, the theory of physics will be his ways, the law of science will be his commandments, mathematics will be his dialect, engineering his creative potentials, business his livelihood and technology will be his only begotten son.

Sometimes, I just wonder that imagine that an intelligent being racked his brain and created this universe, then a primitive being living in an insignificant planet thinks that the best way to appreciate this grand designer is by dancing to him in church, bombarding him with repetitive idle words (prayers), fasting to him and by giving to him ten per cent of their hard earned money.

If and only if the christian God happens to be the creator in charge of this universe, then experiencing happiness in heaven will be a cold day in hell for me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 22, 2017
HCpaul:
Heaven is not even a nice place to live to begin with... Ask the devil, am sure he knows best.

Any territory or kingdom that once experienced war has the potential of re experiencing one in the nearest future.

Unfortunately, out of curiosity and desperate agitations from our beloved heavens candidates, one day, another war will break up in heaven just as it once did.

Have you ever bothered to ask what triggered Satan to agitate and protested against God Heaven's media group twisted the word protest and agitation and replaced it with the word "rebel." The devil did not rebel, he agitated for freedom just like the biafrans.

Even if I make heaven, the fact that the entire human race has gone extinct including our history, science, technologies and civilisations will make me to always feel sobber in heaven.

And if there is a God that equate an intelligent designer and an intelligent designer that equate a God, then to me, science will be his religion, genius will be his chosen one, scientists will be his disciples, Einstein will be his prophet, Newton his Apostle, the theory of physics will be his ways, the law of science will be his commandments, mathematics will be his dialect, engineering his creative potentials, business his livelihood and technology will be his only begotten son.

Sometimes, I just wonder that imagine that an intelligent being racked his brain and created this universe, then a primitive being living in an insignificant planet thinks that the best way to appreciate this grand designer is by dancing to him in church, bombarding him with repetitive idle words (prayers), fasting to him and by giving to him ten per cent of their hard earned money.

If and only if the christian God happens to be the creator in charge of this universe, then experiencing happiness in heaven will be a cold day in hell for me.

Hmmm, Nice write-up.

However, the Christian God is the creator of the universe, the Omnipotent and Omniscient One. The Ancient of Days and the I am that I am - the Almighty and Creator of the universe.

God owns all wisdom which He used in creating this world, and through such wisdom, man developed knowledge from God - which made man discover science, and therefore, God being the giver of wisdom, knowledge and understanding, knows more than what science is[He knows more than Albert Einstein or 'Jimmy Neutron' lol].

The unseen atoms[which is specialized in science] our eyes can't see, is what God's eye sees. The chemicals which we produce, comes from God's creation[No gainsaying].

Did you know that God knows what man supposed to have invented and didn't invent. Did you know that God's knowledge on science exceeds that of man?

1 Like

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Nobody: 2:13am On Oct 22, 2017
Heaven is simply a place of; Love, Joy, Peace, Happiness, Strength, Comfort, Blessings, Redemption, Salvation, Light, Glory, Honour, Goodness, Hope and Laughter.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Nobody: 2:49am On Oct 22, 2017
There is no suffering in Heaven.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by MrPresident1: 4:01am On Oct 22, 2017
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by OtemSapien: 4:01am On Oct 22, 2017
No, but if boredom and autonomosity can be considered as suffering, then I think there should be suffering in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by tosinjay(m): 4:20am On Oct 22, 2017
Heaven isn't by grace that is in form of luck, this is the beliefs of pple which makes them sin/an ardent sinner but still claiming God's righteousness in Christ. Wen many of us die we go knw d scam in this beliefs churches built in men.

I know when am in sin, i knw when am wrong, the only ones hard to know are like it's called, unknown sin(Not well pronounced)But that's where the Holy spirit come in. part of the reasons the Bible is meant for, is for us to be well enlightened like a code of conduct as ignorance according to the Bible is not an excuse.

One of these days I'll make a well scriptural write up about this topic. This is in response with what se.un said.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by tosinjay(m): 4:28am On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:

There is absolutely no suffering, none at all, but sadly not even up to 5% of the world's population by what we see today will make it including me by my present standing. Am being open here, and don't care if am saying what most Christians dnt agree with.

But once we do, according to his words: if it were not so He wouldn't have said it. J came being meek, through the most humble way ever but yet scammers pastors wil prove to you why they must be rich and even flaunt it. Being rich is not a sin but must be through solely legit means. And at ths end of the day ur conducts and all should not be different from the other Christian who isn't rich or lemme say who is poor.

The fruit of the spirit must be genuinely evident in any man(Not that of pretence), now who among the rich we see possess this?

Galatians 5:22-23(KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Karlovich: 5:21am On Oct 22, 2017
Yes, singing hosannah and hallelujah to worship a barbarian is the greatest suffering
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by hopefulLandlord: 5:28am On Oct 22, 2017
Props to HCPaul
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by handsomebanana(m): 10:55am On Oct 22, 2017
Karlovich:
Yes, singing hosannah and hallelujah to worship a barbarian for eternity is the greatest suffering
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by aribisala0(m): 10:57am On Oct 22, 2017
My take on suffering is tht it is necessary to sufffer. Not only is it necessary it is good and inevitable. I believe that suffering and love are two sides of the same thing.
Suffering enables us to develop empathy and compassion.

Just imagine that I have spent 1000 years in Hell.Christian or Muslim Hell that is . Then I get released and sent to heaven . I cannot possibly go there and continue enjoyment without thinking of those left in Hell. Suffering develops genuine understanding when we see others who suffer . It is not then a theoretical exercise though I agree we are all different.

I do not see much to be learnt from unceasing enjoyment though

Once one develops insight into the purspose and utility of suffering one does not suffer. Indeed suffering and enjoyment and attributes of a lack of evolvement

1 Like

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by aribisala0(m): 11:09am On Oct 22, 2017
tosinjay:

Galatians 5:22-23(KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

What is "LONGSUFFERING"

Ajepeiya

grin

1 Like

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by tosinjay(m): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:

What is "LONGSUFFERING"

Ajepeiya

grin
grin Not Ajepeiya
Oya check ur dico or google.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by engineerboat(m): 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2017
HCpaul:

What you need to realize is that when you get yo heaven.

You forget about what you've experienced om earth.

Its a news experience entirely.

Pray that you get there
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by engineerboat(m): 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:

Revelation 22:3-7

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by engineerboat(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:
If a mother is in heaven and she knows her son is suffering in Hell can she be happy. Is she not suffering

What you should know is that, all will be past event.
Its like a pregnant woman who for the joy of new baby forget about the pain pf labour.

In heaveb is a new life and new experiences
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by orisa37: 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2017
No please. That's why It's called Heaven, Utopia and a Blissful Paradise. Righteous Spirits live there. And no Hustle. No hip, hip, hip run.
The Selfish, hustling Spirits live in Hell.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by aribisala0(m): 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
engineerboat:

What you should know is that, all will be past event.
Its like a pregnant woman who for the joy of new baby forget about the pain pf labour.

In heaveb is a new life and new experiences
Have you been to heaven?
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by MrPresident1: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:
Have you been to heaven?

Heaven and hell are metaphors for exaltation and debasement respectively. Heaven and hell are conditions right here on this earth. For example, America and the West generally are the heavens of this world, they were exalted ( but now they have now lost this power, so the world is waiting for a new heaven).

The hell of this (immediate past) world is Africa, and Nigeria under Buhari is the headquarters. But things are about to change foreveer, because the Black man is being lifted from hell as I write, his firstfruits have already risen and are now in heaven, while the rest of the people will arise to heaven when Jesus Christ returns.

1 Like

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by aribisala0(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2017
MrPresident1:

Heaven and hell are metaphors for exaltation and debasement respectively. Heaven and hell are conditions right here on this earth. For example, America and the West generally are the heavens of this world, they were exalted ( but now they have now lost this power, so the world is waiting for a new heaven).

The hell of this (immediate past) world is Africa, and Nigeria under Buhari is the headquarters. But things are about to change foreveer, because the Black man is being lifted from hell as I write, his firstfruits have already risen and are now in heaven, while the rest of the people will arise to heaven when Jesus Christ returns.
That is YOUR own understanding of Heaven and hell .

2 Likes

Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by MrPresident1: 5:12pm On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:
That is YOUR own understanding of Heaven and hell .

Yeah yeah, you will all get there Christ the firstfruits wink
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
If you get to heaven you wouldn't want to come to earth. Very peaceful place
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by LordeCalifornia: 6:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
engineerboat:

What you need to realize is that when you get yo heaven.

You forget about what you've experienced om earth.

Its a news experience entirely.

Pray that you get there
Matt 7:22
Many will tell me in that day; Lord Lord did we not prophesy in your name........... But he will reply; I do not know where you are from.

From the above verse, it shows that we would be fully aware of our past.
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by engineerboat(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
LordeCalifornia:

Matt 7:22
Many will tell me in that day; Lord Lord did we not prophesy in your name........... But he will reply; I do not know where you are from.

From the above verse, it shows that we would be fully aware of our past.

Am quoting heaven experience you are quoting judgement seat are they the same
Re: Is There Suffering In Heaven. by engineerboat(m): 6:57pm On Oct 22, 2017
aribisala0:
Have you been to heaven?

Have ever heard from a mother who is thinking about her daughter in hell before

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Need The Tafsir Of The Qur'an? / 7 Question every Atheist Should Answer / I'm A Spiritual Man: Pastor Caught With Charm Identity Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.