Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church (21856 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Private Jet With His Chiefs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by spyroet(m): 7:37pm On Oct 22, 2017
sirBLUNT:
OBA too dey go church?
so u think say na devil pikin abi

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by spyroet(m): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
Juju inside Church
sharap ur smelling mouth
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by spyroet(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nutase:
They hljust insulted the word 'church'. This is actually a shrine.
olosho sharap ur woozin mouth
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by goldtooth: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
plaetton:

I really get confused about Africans.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Oba Of Benin the head of a traditional institution that is supposed to be the one of the last CUSTODIANS and REPOSITORIES Of African culture and Traditions ?

Isn't the church, as a counter Institution, the very opposite, the enemy, the nemesis of African Culture and Tradition ?

I really do not understand the confused state of the African mind. undecided undecided

Every place of worship is not a church. This place is the traditional place of worship for the Benin monarch. It is not a Christian church.
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by coolestchris(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nice one.

Your reign, just like that of the OBI of Onitsha shall bring prosperity to your people.

Look to the EAST my Brothers.
i love free masons

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by spyroet(m): 7:40pm On Oct 22, 2017
doctimonyeka:
I comment my reserve....

Only God knows the true worshippers... God is not an author of confusion..
at last a sensible post tru talk
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by plaetton: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
goldtooth:

Every place of worship is not a church. This place is the traditional place of worship for the Benin monarch. It is not a Christian church.

Ok.
Thank you for the clarification.

I feel a lot better now. wink

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by ruffDiamond: 7:41pm On Oct 22, 2017
Archaic, fetish and voodoo kinglet shocked undecided make Im go learn from Ooni
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by spyroet(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

With all due respect,

The Oba of Benin is just a confused fool.

Two days ago he was in shrine,
Yesterday he was with Tagbo's murderer,
Today he is in a church.

Our God can not be mocked.
ur fada ur mother all ur generation are confuse fools

2 Likes

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 22, 2017
martineverest:
keep deceiving ur self because u hear d word church.... It's Bini traditional church.... Dey practice Benin religion there

Okay
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by AreaFada2: 7:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
sirBLUNT:
OBA too dey go church?
Oba is head of Benin traditional church like Queen Elizabeth is head of the Anglican church. The Holy Aruosa is probably one of the oldest cathedrals in West Africa. Centuries old. Oba Orhogbua of Benin (reigned from 1550 to 1578) was trained in Portugal and became a Christian. His father Oba Esigie even joined his ancestors when he (Orhogbua) was in Portugal. Upon returning and becoming king, he wanted to make it a purely Christian monarchy like Portugal. But the powerful nobles/chiefs of Benin resisted.

Aside the King of Axum/Ethiopia, he became one of the earliest Sub-Saharan African Christian kings.

Yes, our education system sucks. It teaches hardly any proper history.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by mr1759: 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
sirBLUNT:
OBA too dey go church?
if u see that church fear nor go let u enter, is a traditional church
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by tishbite41(m): 7:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
holy aruosa : the church for real men. 90% animism, 10% Catholicism : so automatically it is a shrine.
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Yankee101: 7:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
Open Free Masonry

Hmmm. Be ye not deceived!
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Jesuschild: 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2017
plaetton:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Oba Of Benin the head of a traditional institution that is supposed to be the one of the last CUSTODIANS and REPOSITORIES Of African culture and Traditions ?

Isn't the church, as a counter Institution, the very opposite, the enemy, the nemesis of African Culture and Tradition ?

I really do not understand the confused state of the African mind. undecided undecided
The word Aruosa in Bini means the eye of God and the practice in that church ain't Christianity but Bini tradition and the Oba is GO

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Omonoba1: 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

With all due respect,

Today he is in a church.

The word 'Church' is synonymous to Christianity not Idolatry.
you and the idiots liking your comment are the bigger fools here and your ignorance is appalling.. The Holy Aruosa is the Oba's church and he is more or less the GO there.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by mr1759: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nice one.

Your reign, just like that of the OBI of Onitsha shall bring prosperity to your people.

compare the number of the free mason guys standing with the obi and the Oba and drawn the conclusion on the one who is well respected
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by DonCandido(f): 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
OP, your head dey there!

Nice!

Were you at the palace grounds? And, you missed the motorized carriage of the Omo'Noba.

What about the revelers who withstood the heavy downpour to honor their monarch?

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Thewesterner(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
People comment on things they don't really understand... HOLY ARUOSA Church is not a conventional church
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by OsamaBinPaul: 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=61672857] shocked

With all due respect,

Today he is in a church.

Actually I have been following ur comment hoping u will stop being stupid but no I was wrong, now I know that ur level of foolery doesnt av comparison
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by DonCandido(f): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
More photos

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by richiepolymer(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
Nice one.

Are you of the mystic tie? Let me know if I've identified a brother on Nairaland
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by richiepolymer(m): 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
When people comment on issues they have no idea of, they either expose their ignorance or their biasness. Word of advice to empty skulls. Take the effort to search out anything and avoid preconceived notions.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by DonCandido(f): 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2017
Still more pictures

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Nosaghae(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

With all due respect,

Today he is in a church.

You are the confused fool here.
What do you know about the monarchical system of the great benin kingdom?
For you to use such insultive words against a reverend monarch shows that you are the type that beat their parents in public

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by riczy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2017
sirBLUNT:
OBA too dey go church?
devil Church pls
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by mmsen: 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
plaetton:

I still laugh at that one fool who claimed that Jesus Christ was his father.

Anyway, I'm glad that they keep making a mockery of themselves. At least we can all see that these are two thoroughly useless, dishonest institutions.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by Nosaghae(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2017
plaetton:

The church is the church for obas. It is purely a traditional church and not a Christian church
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by mcquin(m): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

With all due respect,

Today he is in a church.

That is not a church. It is called Holy Arousa. The poster labelled it wrongly.
It is the traditional worship center of all Obas from his forefathers.

Oba gha' to Kpere.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by paradigmshift(m): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

Juju inside Church
traditional church for the oba
Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by plaetton: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2017
Nosaghae:

The church is the church for obas. It is purely a traditional church and not a Christian church

Noted.
Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Thanksgiving Service Of Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, In Edo Church by plaetton: 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jesuschild:
The word Aruosa in Bini means the eye of God and the practice in that church ain't Christianity but Bini tradition and the Oba is GO

Thank you.

I have learned something today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari; Ndigbo Nile Biko Bianu O. / 'Lop-sided Appointments Responsible For Disunity In Nigeria' - Sultan Of Sokoto / Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.