Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,497 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church (582 Views)

" Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Nigerian Man States Best Day To Get A Wife In Church, Not Sunday / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church by Alexandro15: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2017
ELLOW CATHOLICS, DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY WHAT THE PROTESTANTS THINK OF US. It is what we belief and hold to be true that matters. I read the accusations that we catholics do not read the bible. Going through the comments, I decided to open this thread, not for arguments but for the catholics who might have been intimidated by these accusations and hate.

The long held stereotype that we catholics do not read the bible should be debunked and discarded. We can never read the bible enough. it is clearly fallacious to say that a church that determined the canon of the scriptures, a church that ceaselessly promoted the reading and study of the sacred scripture and has spared no means in this regard; a church that affords the word of God a privileged place in her public office,to the point that she understands that Jesus is verily present in HIS WORD, since it is he himself who speaks when the holy Scriptures are read in the church; does not value the scripture.

Leave the protestants to their beliefs and face yours. It does not pay to engage in mindless and time wasting discussions

1 Like

Re: A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church by authehighness: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
my dear u tried,but u did not bring out good points to counter the thread.everything about catholic church is still confusing to some people,but i want to let know that catholic, believe in the holy scripture,sacred tradition which paul, when writting to the thesalonia in his second letter to them 2v15 says,so then brethren,stand firm and hold to the traditon which you were taught by us either by word of mouth or letter,in chap3v6now we command u brethren,in the name of our lords Jesus christ,that you keep away from any brother who is living in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us,the church has explained many times,that what they do is not only from written letters but also oral traditions,which they received from the apostles,if catholic church is lieing,can anybody tell us those,oral traditions for us to follow,because according to my quote, paul said,i command u brethren,that command is what catholics are obeying.if u feel,catholics are idol worshippers,let pfn pray down fire,to consume their idols and sacked them the way they sacked ATR in south east
Re: A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church by TheArchangel(f): 12:14am On Oct 23, 2017
Bible believing church....pffft...not even God believing church but bible. How the hell did we descent to this type of sectarianism in Christendom! ? If catholic is not bible believing then the bible as we know it is fake. Period. You can't compile something and not believe in it. That will make the bible a false book.
Re: A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church by Mummyjoy: 7:51am On Oct 23, 2017
What matters most is your personal salvation. It's not about church, but whatever your church teaches must agree with the Word of God. We will give account before God as individuals not as a church. I've been reading the Bible, King James version to be precise, I've not seen chaplet there neither have I seen who bowed down for Mary. Let's grow up, eternity is eternal!!!
Re: A COUNTER THREAD: Catholic Church Not A Bible Believing Church by DoctorAlien(m): 8:11am On Oct 23, 2017
An enraged Pope Paul V, in 1606, told the Venetian ambassador, "Do you not know that so much reading of Scripture ruins the Catholic religion?"
[The Reformation: A History by Diarmaid MacCulloch, 1972]

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Communion Be Taken Everyday? / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners’ Chapel VGC Church / Speaking In Tongues And Living In Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.