Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists (993 Views)

Our Husband Has Gone Mad Again By Ola Rotimi, A Review / Short Story: The Sex Life Of A Lagos Mad Woman (femi Debonaire's Version) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 10:02pm On Mar 14, 2010
Hallos people,
am in d market for talents , but we do not need "normal people " tongue
cos
if u always conform to the norm, have always obeyed the rules of writing, never done stupid stuff, never got drunk/ tipsy, and u have never been called odd, crazy, black sheep, rebel, mad, foolish, idiot, stupid, abnormal or worse, then sorry don't bother, u are not what we need. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

but
if your writings and arts have been criticized or condemned for not conforming with the norm,
if your writings and arts is always considered crazy, un-serious, biased, wacky, and/or out of dis world, shocked shocked shocked
then welcome to me world, u are what we need.
cos what we need are non-conformists, rebels, wacky, creative, and un-serious individuals aka crazy writers and mad cartoonists !!! grin grin grin grin
if u are all this and more, then send a sample of your write up, article, poem, cartoon, art and /or work to olulu4ever@gmail.com.

its for a new mag, a fun mag,
where "SERIOUSNESS" is a capital crime, !!!

so if u down with the concept, then lets flex some biceps

me waiting, don't keep me waiting in vain,
let's se "were"

1love people cool cool cool
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by vescucci(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2010
Why do you conjure a mental picture of Steve Buscemi trying to sell me coke that's 80 talcum powder?
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2010
vescucci:

Why do you conjure a mental picture of Steve Buscemi trying to sell me coke that's 80 talcum powder?

lol,

just stating what i need clearly and want dearly,
cos i got me too many serious writers already,
its like 9serious writers to 1 unserious writer.
and all i need is just dat one, i don't need d other 9.

and if he can sell nokia 3310 to a Nokia company all well and good,
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
ok, let me give u a hint of d kind of write up(s) i would expect.

a typical might write thus:

Nigeria is an ailing country governed by a sick president, and this does not make the future look so bright, as one can't expect him to perform creditably.

but, for a funny and witty person, he will write thus

Naija is an ailing country governed by a sick presido, but then, negative times negative, na plus, so mathematically, the naija future go shine pass star, as performance is sure, (or so i want to believe).

a typical writer:

i love you, and i will want to marry you

a funny and witty writer

u got my emotional immune system down and am infected with feelings of increasing affection for you. thus, can we be chained and bound 2gether, heart, body and soul for as long as forever and a day will last.

u get d idea, its all about, wits, wits, wits, !!!!

though, it takes an intellectually sound mind to write  comically . tongue tongue tongue

so u think, u can, (yes we can)
then, holla at me, olulu4ever@gmail.com
let's rock Naija, by doing it like it has neva been done b4.
1love people. grin grin grin
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by vescucci(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2010
What's in it, for us, eh?
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
first, u need to prove thyself, !!!
tongue tongue tongue

then , we can discuss terms. grin grin grin
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by wumifab(m): 7:11pm On Mar 18, 2010
when you looking for a non-conformist graphics design and state-of-the-art printing/publishing, talk us at The Illussionist (we do graphics design rite).

We'll link u with MagicWand Publishing our publisher.

Together we can go outstandingly 'crazy'.

wumifab@gmail.com
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
hmmm, will see about that,

u will have to be way better than me current people grin grin grin grin

lets c a format or sample, then we can take it from there.
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by Mobinga: 8:23am On Mar 21, 2010
Then you need me. I'm the kind of person who gets asked "why didn't you win?" and replies "because I lost".
cheesy and walks out. I'm as crazy as eminem and yankovic combined, I'm inbetween the middle of the centre THE MANIACS IN!
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by chiketee(m): 11:59am On Mar 21, 2010
@olu. so how can i prove myself. ppl say my writin is quite unserious
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
@mobinga and @chiketee
u don't need to convinvce me,
just confuse me tongue tongue tongue.

i believe in cock, fire aim
instead of cock, aim, fire.

when u aim too long, u just might miss d target.
but let me give u a target to hit dis tyme,
next tyme, just fire me what u have,

cos a game is better played on a tuft u can win, than on a tuft u might not be used to, , u get what i mean?[b][/b]

3 concepts, u develop them and make them as funny, witty and maybe even crazy as u can. but remember, ITS FUN WITHOUT FILTH !!!
the concepts are:

1. erection detonation
write about the "stupid "(excuse me language lipsrsealed), d naija boy dat wanted to blow up an american airline on xmas day with a bomb planted under his belt.

2. If MAN U coach, Ferguson was a nigerian
Take his various statements on results esp when MAN U lose, and turn them into a naija man / coach coach talk.

3. who is a better player? babes or guys?
talk about escapades of babes playing guys (maybe even doing 2 friends), guys playing babes dat are friends, cousins, sisters etc.
throw in one or two personal experience here. make it very, very controversial, if u have to, (me love to ruffle sum feathers).

u can do all three, if u can, or two or one. (if u have better articles on different topics apart from the above, ba yawa, i.e. no problem, send am, we will consider it)

Generally, create ur characters if u must, fiction-a-lise as u like, but try not to over change and distort the facts.
but remember, FUNNY AND WITTY, those are the key words. MISS IT, MISS OUT
d articles must be not more than 1 and half page (2 pages max), arial 11 font, and 1.5 spacing.

send as ms word attachment to olulu4ever@gmail.com and/or olulu4ever@hotmail.com

so, me waiting, don't keep me waiting in vain o!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by MyneWhite1(f): 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
Interesting idea, may give it a try.
Re: Need Crazy Writers And Mad Cartoonists by olulu(m): 12:22am On Mar 23, 2010
@myne

me waiting me lady, don't keep me waiting in vain.

(1) (Reply)

Moses And Superman / CHASE KENNEDY MITCHELL / The Things We Do For Love(fiction).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.