Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson (2185 Views)

Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark / "Buhari Will Win Presidential Election Again" - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by lightblazingnow(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2017
PDP can’t win presidential election in 2019 – Governor Dickson
naij.com

- The chances of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to regain power at the federal level in 2019 are slim

- This is the opinion of the Bayelsa state governor, Seriake Dickson

- Governor Dickson said some forces within the PDP are working against the party

Bayelsa state governor, Seriake Dickson, has said that the chances of the PDP regaining power at the federal level in 2019 is not feasible.

According to the governor, forces within the PDP are hell-bent on frustrating the party not to make any progress in the forth coming election.

He stated that the anti-democratic forces within the PDP are against a cohesive and a strong party that would take over power at the centre.

PDP can’t win presidential election in 2019 – Governor Dickson
Governor Dickson says there are anti-democratic forces within the PDP hell-bent on frustrating the party
The governor made the statement during a media chat at the Government House, Yenagoa, on Sunday, October 22.

He said the major problem of the forces within the party is selfishness and egoism, adding that if nothing is done to address the problems, the party would not bounce back.

His words: ‘’I was very serious about rebuilding the party to take over power at the centre and everyone knows what I did. I did everything, built consensus but I think there are forces within the PDP that are against a cohesive and a strong PDP that will take power at the centre.

‘’I pray that the party overcomes or realises the need to overcome these forces within the PDP that are placing selfish ambition and ego above the need to build a strong party that can take power at the centre.

“I am very prayerful and let me say that at this point I am hopeful that these forces that are trying to tear the party have the capacity to take the party from one crisis to another and to generate another crisis.

“I have said that over and over again that we need a strong cohesive party in government, which incidentally, the All Progressives Congress is not. We should also pray for the APC to get their acts together.’’

Governor Dickson expressed hope that the proposed convention of the party coming up in November would be able to address the internal problems of the PDP.

He said: ’’We are proposing to have a convention. Let us see how it goes. I think basically the PDP is suffering from a preponderance of people who have never tasted opposition politics.

‘’All their politics have always been with the party at the centre using everything for their election. They should learn from what we did here. I am the only governor who has won a governorship reelection in this state on the platform of a party that is different from the party at the centre; the only one so far.

‘’Of all the governors, I am the only one that has won a reelection when the centre is a different party. Now, I think later in November we shall see what happens in Anambra state. A number of people take this background for granted. So, I pray that the PDP survives. Nigeria needs PDP; Nigeria needs a strong party in opposition. I wish my party and the Nigeria democracy the best.’’

Meanwhile, the caretaker committee chairman of the Lagos state chapter of the PDP, Chief Babatunde Osolanke, is dead.

According to media reports, the PDP chieftain slumped and died at a popular hotel in Ikeja, the state capital.

He was reportedly rushed to the Lagos State university Teaching Hospital, Ikeja, after he slumped, but was confirmed dead on arrival.

https://www.naij.com/amp/1131608-pdp-t-win-presidential-election-2019-governor-dickson.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by lightblazingnow(m): 10:10am On Oct 23, 2017
Surely

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by madridguy(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2017
The e-wailers will tagged Dickson zone B now for saying the gospel truth.
PDP is dead long time ago grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Bari22: 10:11am On Oct 23, 2017
confirm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by python1: 10:13am On Oct 23, 2017
Governor Dickson should just guard up against these beasts pictured below cos they are certainly coming for him. He will soon see himself becoming a parasite benefiting from one naijerya.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by madridguy(m): 10:15am On Oct 23, 2017
Badt guy grin

python1:
Governor Dickson should just guard up against these beasts pictured below cause they are certainly coming for him. He will soon see himself as a parasite benefiting from one naijerya.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by GavelSlam: 10:29am On Oct 23, 2017
python1:
Governor Dickson should just guard up against these beasts pictured below cause they are certainly coming for him. He will soon see himself as a parasite benefiting from one naijerya.

They would soon ask what Bayelsa state contributes to the collective purse.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Baawaa(m): 10:36am On Oct 23, 2017
FESTUS KEYAMO (SAN) SAID

"I am one of those who mounted a strong opposition against the misrule of the immediate past old order political system in Nigeria. I am one of those social activists, who fought to oust the PDP and its bad ruling system.

I am one of those who fought for the change of the political and governing statuscuo in Nigeria. And two years down the line, we can't start calling for change again, because their is not yet a better alternative. I say it with all sense of responsibility that there is not yet another political order we can say we want to push for to take over from this present one again.

So, calling for change around this time simply means we are saying PDP should come back. Calling for change right now means we are talking of going back to where we came from. Calling for the change of this new governing order means we are saying we should return to the culture of misrule of the past. What some people are saying is that it pays us to go back to that unacceptable place of the past, where executive recklessness; impunity; leadership visionlessness, indiscipline and irresponsibility; merciless looting of the resources of the people of Nigeria et cetra were the order of the day.

So, the only option available right now, in the absence of the third order political system, we can consider for power, to continue to engage this present one for better delivery of government services and improvements. We gave PDP the chance and enough time to improve, but the party messed everything up. We must give this APC government too time to prove it's worth.

We must give them time to improve, while we continue to mount pressure on those who are in charge to run Nigeria well.

How I wish there is a third power bloc order we can start thinking about to take over from this one. A strong political and ready order in a young vibrant and energetic young Nigerian. But, believe you me, there is none yet at the moment, so we just have to keep making do with this one. It is a lot better than where we were coming from as a nation. It is better than that crude and sorry state of our immediate past.

On this note, I shall continue to give this government that comparative support. That is, this one is still a lot better, compared to the last one.
#copiedPDP was a party of yesterday,never again PDP in this nation

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by muykem: 10:47am On Oct 23, 2017
PDP is not ready yet, only people ruled by emotion think otherwise. It takes oneness and unwavering loyalty for any opposition to take over from incumbent.

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Achuwa1(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2017
by madridguy[b](m): 10:11am
The e-wailers will tagged Dickson zone B now for saying the gospel truth.
PDP is dead long time ago[quote][/quote[/b]]

If PDP is long dead,then APC is already buried.
Kiss the truth

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by orisa37: 11:09am On Oct 23, 2017
They will win if they present either Dangote/Iweala or Makarfi/Ekweremadu for election.
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Okanokan(m): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2017
Thats not what Dickson said, rather he mentioned two critical factors that could derail the Pdp achieving its goal in 2019, one which borders on egotism of the leaders. Come to think of it, Pdp has everything going in its favour, but some leaders think without them nothing will happen. 2019 is for Pdp to lose by its own undemocratic credential.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Atiku2019: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2017
Don't worry Sir TsunamiAtiku is Coming...

#TsunamiAtiku
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by lightblazingnow(m): 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
Cc lalasticlala
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
python1:
Governor Dickson should just guard up against these beasts pictured below cos they are certainly coming for him. He will soon see himself becoming a parasite benefiting from one naijerya.
salaamrushdie won't like this
she's the women leader of PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
We know

"Meanwhile, the caretaker committee chairman of the Lagos state chapter of the PDP, Chief Babatunde Osolanke, is dead."
"According to media reports, the PDP chieftain slumped and died at a popular hotel in Ikeja, the state capital."

- Why do most PDP chieftain die in hotels?
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by AngelicBeing: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
They deserve to be flogged with koboko laden with chilly pepper for their useless chop l chop policy that grounded the country, both Apc and PDP should both be stoned out of Nigeria, useless politicians feeding fat while the masses are suffering, where is my cane to flog these useless thieves out of power angry

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by AngelicBeing: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
Keneking:
We know

"Meanwhile, the caretaker committee chairman of the Lagos state chapter of the PDP, Chief Babatunde Osolanke, is dead."
"According to media reports, the PDP chieftain slumped and died at a popular hotel in Ikeja, the state capital."

- Why do most PDP chieftain die in hotels?
Because that is where they go for away matches, drinking, chopping isiewu and bigstout, planning how to loot and steal more money and also they make enemies all over the place who sometimes cast spell and magun on them, they fvck peoples iyawo in different hotels and the results is they drop dead and we call it cardiac arrest grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by veraponpo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2017
What were they expecting?
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by DozieInc(m): 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
Misleading headlines
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by Angel1696: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
pls stop disturbing the spirit of the dead PDP

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by tuniski: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2017
DozieInc:
Misleading headlines
Don't mind them it only shows one thing: the APC has accepted it is a failure a shell fear PDP will take over!
Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by DIKEnaWAR: 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2017
True...very true. He too is one of the forces. They all are, but pointing fingers at others.

1 Like

Re: PDP Can’t Win Presidential Election In 2019 – Governor Dickson by lightblazingnow(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2017
For sure

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Decision, A Product Of 12 Igbo Leaders, Mbu Reveals In His Book. / Founder Of #ENDSARS Movement And CSP Opetodalopo Badmus Exchanges Words Online / Lack Of Influential Leaders With National Appeal And Home Support In South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.