Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging (37858 Views)

2 Sons Of CJN Tanko Win PDP & APC National Assembly Tickets / Joju Fayose, Lere Olayinka Win PDP House Of Reps Tickets In Ekiti / Why APC Can’t Take Part In Fresh Bayelsa Poll - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by mackay37(m): 11:18am On Oct 28, 2018
Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, an All Progressives Congress (APC) lawmaker from Yobe state at the weekend bombed the ruling party, warning that the APC should not assume it can win the 2019 election even with massive rigging.

The lawmaker, who said that his dreams and hopes for a progressive nation under APC have been dashed, further warned that the North East should not be taken for granted that it will support the ruling party in 2019.

The three term serving senator and former governor of Yobe State dropped the bombshell against his party and President Muhammadu Buhari’s candidature during the world- wide Internet Launch of his book ‘Poorlitics’ and 70th Birthday Celebration held in Abuja at the weekend.

He explained the role he played to bring the North East under the APC control, noting that the ruling party has not done what he promised to do, as the present reality shown that APC is not better than the PDP it sought to defeat.

Narrating the history of APC and how things have gone bad for the ruling party, Senator Ibrahim said, “the politics of the North East has always been different from the politics of the North West and it was under the APC that we all united for the first time. I began that first move for unity. My co-author, Sam Agha Egwu, kept nagging me about the need to build a progressive coalition against the then very corrupt PDP. I took the matter to my friend Dr. Onu, who was then Chairman of ANPP, the party of the North East. We now reached out to the ACN, CPC and APGA. This finally led to the incredible merger called the APC that went on to defeat the PDP.

“When I began this process, I had in mind that progressives will be in power and will show Nigeria how to run a progressive nation. Without mincing words, as an elder statesman, I must say that my dreams and hopes have been dashed. We have certainly not done what I dreamed we will do, and in many ways, we are not better than the PDP that we sought to displace.

“As we move towards the elections, I have to give a dire warning to the APC. Things are no longer the way they were in 2015 when we rode to power on a cloud of euphoria believing that things will change. Simply put, things have not changed and many things are worse and the people are bitter. We should not assume that we can win even with massive rigging.

“There are just certain things that progressive parties do, and must be seen to do. We must be seen to obey the rule of law. If the courts rule we must obey. We must respect the separation of powers and let the legislature make its independent decisions.

The economy has gone down because of our actions and we are blaming the past too much rather than solving the present problems.

“I am going to give a dire warning. Let the North East not be taken for granted that we must support APC. Our interest in the North East has always been progressive and I will personally be watching for improvements in the APC.

“Improvements that will guarantee us victory such as respecting the rule of law and releasing political prisoners. If we are fighting corruption let us fight every corrupt person and not select people in what may be seen as a one-sided witch hunt.

“I shall sit back and continue encouraging my party to do the right thing. But if we don’t, I still reserve the capacity to ask my people to go our separate ways, and do what must be done for good governance to reign in Nigeria.”

The Yobe Senator, who said he’s not running for elective position, encouraged the youths to read his book “poorlitics” as the contents would guide them to take power from the analogue old politicians.

He warned the young people to note that the elders will not give way for then, but added that “you must go out there and take power in the way I did at the age of 42, when I first ran for governor.

“I have given you the book Poorlitics, to tell you how I did it and to encourage you to use the force of people politics, to dialogue those who believe in money politics and the old ways. Those of us who are now analogue statesmen can, and must be displaced by those of you who are digital youngsters and the book Poorlitics, shows you how.”

https://www.independent.ng/2019-we-cant-win-pdp-even-with-massive-rigging-apc-senator-bukar-ibrahim/amp/

61 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by atiku4President(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2018
APC knows quiet well and that's why they are now beginning to depreciate. I saw Buhari being disgraced out of power by Atiku barely a year after his election as President. Hence, I created the monica 'atiku4President' in 2016 patiently and Obidiently Atikulating

323 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by olaric(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2018
Rarely do you see any APC member being this honest.

420 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2018
Real Man

199 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by WhyMoD: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2018
That is what it means to be a realist. Not the myopic BMC members here on nairaland that cannot see beyond their noses, yet they think victory is what you get by wishful thinking..

Even Buhari and APC know that Nigerians have rejected them

286 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Kassidy4luv(m): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2018
Its so glaring.

BUHARI messed up.

245 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by teflonjake(m): 11:28am On Oct 28, 2018
I know them, they won't like this grin

150 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by bettercreature(m): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2018
We shall meet at the poll

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Oluwadabira1111: 11:29am On Oct 28, 2018
What's this one saying cryWhat's this one saying Sai baba till 2023 jor

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by mbaboy(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2018
Am calling on nairaland sarrki, madridguy, and ngenekwenu to come see a patriot .

177 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by wristbangle: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2018
Truth be told, APC messed up but going back to PDP is not the solution.

Afterall, we can vote capable presidential aspirants aside PDP/APC

13 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by zombieTRACKER: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2018
mbaboy:
Am waiting for nairaland sarrki, madridguy, and ngenekwenu to come see a patriot

You will not see those things here

Only on threads with propaganda will they arrive to justify their stipends...

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by mbaboy(m): 11:35am On Oct 28, 2018
Which party and candidate has the structure to win this failed APC government? PDP and Atikulated is the answer for now
wristbangle:

Afterall, we have other capable presidential aspirants.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2018
Someone who is on ground and knows the reality but our Nairaland zombies are still here living in fool's paradise and swimming in consolation philosophy.

I read Ahmed Lawan say Adamawa, and northeast in general, will vote for Buhari because of Aisha and I shuddered.

Are You telling me that the northeast will rather vote to be a president's wife, who cannot raise a finger in any affair of the zone rather than vote to become the President?

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Davidblen(m): 11:36am On Oct 28, 2018
Oluwadabira1111:
eyah, zombie take heart u hear

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by chinjo(m): 11:37am On Oct 28, 2018
London bridge is falling down. May it fall fast. This I pray Amen.

17 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Omeokachie: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Skelewu cheesy

He must be an IPOB senator cheesy

BMC right now

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Nwadiuto247: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2018
Chai such a bitter truth. Buhari and his cohorts are very much aware of this hence they are in panic mode..
I regret ever supporting Buhari in 2015. God forgive me.

70 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by AyakaDunukofia: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Bold and honest evaluation of the current situation.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by IamAtikulate: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2018
Yoruba moslems won't like this. They love their hero more than Allah.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by zombieTRACKER: 11:43am On Oct 28, 2018
bettercreature:
We shall meet at the poll
Oluwadabira1111:

How can Buhari win... How
It's impossible..

He won Jonathan with mere two million votes..
I mean Jonathan from ijaw land... Otuoke.

This time around... He is against a fellow northerner Atiku ...The Turaki Adamawa.. Sponsored and powered by Kwankwasiya.. Tambuwal... Damkwanbo etc

The middle belt under Buhari is a killing field.. They are waiting for Buhari and Bello at the polls.. Benue now a PDP state... It's a landslide..

The South west can't give anybody block votes
It has always been like that... With the likes of OGD.. Davido and adeleke family.. OBJ etc... Pdp is covered

I don't want to say much about the SE SS...
Buhari complained about 5% before
This time he'd be lucky to get 1%

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by naijapips02: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2018
AGNESikpuNNU:
Real Man

grin ikpu mmiri mmiri.

6 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by hucienda: 11:45am On Oct 28, 2018
Aint it obvious? Even Buhari knows he cannot win the coming election without rigging.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by oshe111(m): 11:48am On Oct 28, 2018
Truer words have never been said

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:49am On Oct 28, 2018
APC mugus will call him IPOB now cheesy

Every sectors of the economy is in total collapse under Buhari watch.

Buhari must go

28 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by tuniski: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2018
wristbangle:

Afterall, we can vote capable presidential aspirants aside PDP/APC
As it stands today PDP is the option! None of the rest candidates nor parties is better than Atiku/PdP.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by madridguy(m): 11:50am On Oct 28, 2018
I saw the thread and I know lazy yoot like you won't read the news but only take the headline and start vomiting trash.

mbaboy:
Am calling on nairaland sarrki, madridguy, and ngenekwenu to come see a patriot . Atiku is on ground 100% kiss the truth BMC

2 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:51am On Oct 28, 2018
Oluwadabira1111:
Get small sense , you say no

I pity you

Sai Baba my yansh

18 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Olatunji1929: 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ipob senator according zombie

7 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by mbaboy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2018
U just displayed ur ignorance pls read the article again line by line
madridguy:
I saw the thread and I know lazy yoot like you won't read the news but only take the headline and start vomiting trash.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by nnachukz(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
Among them, the evil doers, the killers of the poor, the bringers of widows, widowers and orphans. The bringers of hardship and the usurpers of ancestral lands. A prophet has risen this day to warn them to stop evil doing lest they be disgraced and their believe in the machinations of evil through rigging cannot save them. But they have shown that they prefer to match to the poll and get drown in the red sea of the masses anger.

2 Likes

Re: Bukar Ibrahim: APC Can’t Win PDP In 2019 Even With Massive Rigging by Racoon(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
“As we move towards the elections, I have to give a dire warning to the APC. Things are no longer the way they were in 2015 when we rode to power on a cloud of euphoria believing that things will change. Simply put, things have not changed and many things are worse and the people are bitter. We should not assume that we can win even with massive rigging.

"He explained the role he played to bring the North East under the APC control, noting that the ruling party has not done what he promised to do, as the present reality shown that APC is not better than the PDP it sought to defeat."

shocked "He who the gods wants to destroy they made mad."
Of course the alleged rigging is what the government have been banking on because the APC fully understands that it have not impact our national in any way.

The rate @ which APC have been confessing the grippling reality of 2019 is not surprising because they knew they're moribund.Ndi zombies o unu na nu?

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Thought Buhari Would Pick Saints, Says Delta PDP Senator / Emir Sanusi Faces Dethronement As Kano Government Commences Investigation / Ayiri Emami Hangs Out With Oshiomhole, Akeredolu, Amosun, Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.