Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot (676 Views)

Abiola Ajimobi: Mistake Or Mystique? By Festus Adedayo / Bomb Shells Dropped By Festus Keyamo / Real Reasons Atiku Left APC -- Festus Keyamo Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Baawaa(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2017
FESTUS KEYAMO (SAN) SAID

"I am one of those who mounted a strong opposition against the misrule of the immediate past old order political system in Nigeria. I am one of those social activists, who fought to oust the PDP and its bad ruling system.

I am one of those who fought for the change of the political and governing statuscuo in Nigeria. And two years down the line, we can't start calling for change again, because their is not yet a better alternative. I say it with all sense of responsibility that there is not yet another political order we can say we want to push for to take over from this present one again.

So, calling for change around this time simply means we are saying PDP should come back. Calling for change right now means we are talking of going back to where we came from. Calling for the change of this new governing order means we are saying we should return to the culture of misrule of the past. What some people are saying is that it pays us to go back to that unacceptable place of the past, where executive recklessness; impunity; leadership visionlessness, indiscipline and irresponsibility; merciless looting of the resources of the people of Nigeria et cetra were the order of the day.

So, the only option available right now, in the absence of the third order political system, we can consider for power, to continue to engage this present one for better delivery of government services and improvements. We gave PDP the chance and enough time to improve, but the party messed everything up. We must give this APC government too time to prove it's worth.

We must give them time to improve, while we continue to mount pressure on those who are in charge to run Nigeria well.

How I wish there is a third power bloc order we can start thinking about to take over from this one. A strong political and ready order in a young vibrant and energetic young Nigerian. But, believe you me, there is none yet at the moment, so we just have to keep making do with this one. It is a lot better than where we were coming from as a nation. It is better than that crude and sorry state of our immediate past.

On this note, I shall continue to give this government that comparative support. That is, this one is still a lot better, compared to the last one.
#copied
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 23, 2017
I know you are a northerner that wants a continuation of the present order but the President is not a tenable candidate for a 2nd term if you want Nigeria to continue being an indivisible entity. His continued stay in that office is a danger to millions of Southerners/Christians in Nigeria. I can’t type long story as I am not being paid but I know Buhari is not a good candidate for a unified Nigeria. The APC can get another northerner if it wants to stand a chance in 2019. I supported the man in 2015 and I would rather have any other liberal northerner than an Islamist Buhari.
Re: This Article By Festus Kiyamo Make Sense Alot by SweetJoystick(m): 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2017
Which yeye sense this trash make? E no go better for Festus Keyamo. Make we give Buhari and him devilish agents time to kill us finish? Devil punish you

(1) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Willie Obiano As He Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC / The Self Destruction Of Northern Nigeria / South-east To Experience Agro Revolution As Kalu Woos Chinese Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.