Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,076 members, 7,953,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

IBB As A Perennial Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB As A Perennial Presidential Candidate (562 Views)

Ex-boko Haram Leader Interview: Confesses IBB As Their Sponsor. / I Saw Ibb As A President In My Dream / Why Obj Is So Paranoid To Have Atiku Or Ibb As The Next President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IBB As A Perennial Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2010
Since the return of Nigeria to multi-party democracy in 1999. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB) has been associated with every Presidential elections there is. His fans have always cited his assetion that he was stepping aside when he left power as promise to his eventual and divine return someday. But with every Presidential election that passes the chicken hearted General always chickens out.

1999 - He told us after Northern Military control of Government for so long he will wait for a Southerner to go first

2003 - He told us they wanted OBJ to finish his 8years

2007 - He told us he was stepping down for his younger brother Yar'adua as he could not contest against him

2011 - After admitting that 69/70 is too old for office he is now fantasizing about eating the remains of his so-called younger brother.

They have given every excuse in the book and I almost can't fantom what excuse they will come up with on the eve of the next election.

But my question is . . . . . when will the coward General and his blind supporters come to the realisation that he is simply un-electable in any  democracy in anywhere in the world. The latest gist now is that he is waiting to see if there will be concensus support before he will take part in elections. You can see the coupist tendencies still in the man, why concensus? why is he scared of testing his popularity at the polls? if we have a concensus candidate before elections then why have elections at all?

Who will tell Babangida that a man with his records is simply unelectable in any country ?

(1) (Reply)

3 Fake Efcc Officials Arrested In Bayelsa / Nigeria Lacks Foundational Structure For Development / Video Urges Nigeria’s Muslims To Rise Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.