Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose (16884 Views)

Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo / Omojuwa's Tweets On The Reinstatement And Sack Of Maina / President Muhammadu Buhari Was Aware Of Maina's Reinstatement- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Emperoo: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has said the President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive for the immediate disengagement of former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Mr Abdullahi Maina, is an afterthought.

He said the President only acted to save his face from the global embarrassment caused him by the outcry of Nigerians on the news of Maina’s reinstatement.

The governor demanded immediate arrest and trial of Maina as well as the dismissal of all those who perpetrated his reinstatement, which he described as fraudulent and shameful.

Fayose in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, likened Buhari’s anti-corruption fight to a situation where “Satan is calling Judas Iscariot a sinner.”

He said he had been vindicated because he warned Nigerians before now that the kind of corruption that would be witnessed in Buhari’s government would be unprecedented.

“If Maina, who was declared wanted for corrupt practices by the International Police Organisation, after he was dismissed from office by the Civil Service Commission in 2013 for allegedly committing N2.1bn pension fraud while in office, could be secretly reinstated and even promoted without writing the required civil service promotion examination, no one should be in doubt any longer that Buhari is not fighting any corruption.

“Even the former Chairman of EFCC, Ibrahim Lamorde, who was accused of corruption by the Senate, removed from office unceremoniously and declared wanted is now the Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, Lagos.

“When the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources Ibe Kachikwu raised allegation of award of $25bn contracts without following due process against the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr. Maikanti Baru, the Presidency was the one that defended him (Baru).

“Also, President Buhari has refused to act on the report of the committee that investigated the $43m discovered in an apartment at Osbourne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos, despite that Nigerians have been asking him to act on it.

“Even the Acting Chairman of EFCC, Ibrahim Magu was indicted of corruption by the Department of State Service and all that was done by President Buhari was to ask the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), to investigate the DSS report. Up till today, nothing has been heard about it and Magu, despite his rejection by the Senate, is still acting as the EFCC chairman.

“It was also under this government of Buhari that Ahmed Gambo Saleh; the Supreme Court Registrar was indicted and put on trial for alleged over N2bn fraud. The case against Gambo Saleh was withdrawn almost immediately, and he has been appointed the Secretary of the National Judicial Council. Not only that, he was made the Secretary of the Corruption and Financial Crime Cases Trial Monitoring Committee, headed by Retired Justice Isa Ayo Salami.”

Source- http://punchng.com/buharis-sack-of-maina-an-afterthought-fayose/

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Sunofgod(m): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Ok...o
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
Afterthought, beforehand, between thought, he has taken the right decision.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by policy12: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
While sack and not arrest him?

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by clevvermind(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
GavelSlam:
I KNOW YOU WOULD DEFEND YOUR MASTER.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by elomba35: 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2017
Admin do the needful and take this thread to the permanent site.
Good for FP
CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2017
clevvermind:
I KNOW YOU WOULD DEFEND YOUR MASTER.

I will defend the president for making the right decision.
Especially when his detractors are people with a putrid history of larceny and subterfuge.

By the way, he's your master too.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Beress(m): 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
GavelSlam:

Especially when his detractors are people with a putrid history of larceny and subterfuge.

By the way he's your master too.

Stop been a zombie... Buhari was aware of his reinstatement

106 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by clevvermind(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2017
GavelSlam:

SUCH A PERSON THAT IS INSENSITIVE TO THE PLIGHT OF THE PEOPLE CANNOT BE MY MASTER.

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
Beress:

Stop been a zombie... Buhari was aware of his reinstatement

Has he sacked him?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2017
clevvermind:
SUCH A PERSON THAT IS INSENSITIVE TO THE PLIGHT OF THE PEOPLE CANNOT BE MY MASTER.

Dey there.

He's your boss, your leader, your president.

If in doubt, any day he's passing go ahead of his convoy.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by clevvermind(m): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2017
GavelSlam:

Dey there.

He's your boss, your leader, your president.

If in doubt, any day he's passing go ahead of his convoy.
YOU CAN CONTINUE TO LICK HIS ASS.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
clevvermind:
YOU CAN CONTINUE TO LICK HIS ASS.

Buhari's victory of 2015 really hurts you guys.

Then you guys said he had died in London only for the man to rise from the ashes like the phoenix he is.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Ojiofor: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
He should be arrested.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Ogonimilitant(m): 12:26am On Oct 24, 2017
ok
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by meolaniyi(m): 12:31am On Oct 24, 2017
I regret ever being one of those that brought this failure to power as a president'
Now I know the truth, Allah forgive me for I was deceived.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Nobody: 1:44am On Oct 24, 2017
A staged opportunity to show working grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Atiku2019: 2:07am On Oct 24, 2017
Incompetent Government cry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by otil1: 2:10am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Zombie can never change.

Ok let's wait for him to take the next right decision - to fish out and sack those involved. We are waiting

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by otil1: 2:12am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Buhari's victory of 2015 really hurts you guys.

Then you guys said he had died in London only for the man to rise from the ashes like the phoenix he is.

You again!

Forget the 2015 election and address your life today.

Is what you are hearing left, right, and centre good for your nation?

Speak out against evil and evil shall not befall you.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by otil1: 2:16am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

First "right" decision was to restate a criminal and fugitive.

Second "right" decision was to direct that he be sacked after we the public found out. (As yourself how many we have not found out)

We now await 3rd right decision, to identify, apprehend and prosecute all that were involved in the shameful restatement.

That's when I will listen to you Sir

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 2:22am On Oct 24, 2017
otil1:

First "right" decision was to restate a criminal and fugitive.

Second "right" decision was to direct that he be sacked after we the public found out. (As yourself how many we have not found out)

We now await 3rd right decision, to identify, apprehend and prosecute all that were involved in the shameful restatement.

That's when I will listen to you Sir

Who reinstated him?

The president?

None of us can knows who did.

What we do know is that when the president got into the public domain the president acted.

If you prefer to wail, that would be your personal decision.

So far, the president as acted on realising a bad situation.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 2:27am On Oct 24, 2017
otil1:

You again!

Forget the 2015 election and address your life today.

Is what you are hearing left, right, and centre good for your nation?

Speak out against evil and evil shall not befall you.

My life is better today than in 2015, thank you.

In addition, all the indices of today are better than what we witnessed in 2015.

Price of foodstuff coming down, industries are declaring superb profits, radio and TV stations are not shutting down for running out of fuel.

External reserves are climbing, stock market more buoyant, Naira is more stable.

I know, wailing comes natural to some people but those indices do not lie.

The issue of Maina has been handled by the president.

What more you want him to do is what I'll like to know

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Paperwhite(m): 4:49am On Oct 24, 2017
[/b]"Fayose in a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, likened Buhari’s anti-corruption fight to a situation where “Satan is calling Judas Iscariot a sinner.”

He said he had been vindicated because he warned Nigerians before now that the kind of corruption that would be witnessed in Buhari’s government would be unprecedented."[b]
Fayose seems to be a prophet then-he really predicted this present evil of the APC.Meanwhile shame on all who have a hand in this evil called APC and all it represent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by BrutusOj(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2017
na wa to this APC government oo.. more revelations of corruption will pop up as soon we kick them out of power come 2019..chaiiiiii

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by tuniski: 6:28am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:
An apologist sighted! Let him sack the facilitators and resign himself. That is the only right action.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 6:33am On Oct 24, 2017
tuniski:

An apologist sighted! Let him sack the facilitators and resign himself. That is the only right action.

Don't you guys get tired?

From the minute he was sworn in you've been plotting his impeachment, prayed for his death, attempted to ridicule his health and age, sought his resignation.

Pathetic lot.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Lexzyhands(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2017
I can't be suprised by the level of gross corruption being perpetrated in this administration. I'm just anticipating for more revelations in coming days.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by NigerDeltan(m): 6:39am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Who reinstated him?

The president?

None of us can knows who did.

What we do know is that when the president got into the public domain the president acted.

If you prefer to wail, that would be your personal decision.

So far, the president as acted on realising a bad situation.

Typical zombie grammar, make I faint here

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by tuniski: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Don't you guys get tired?

From the minute he was sworn in you've been plotting his impeachment, prayed for his death, attempted to ridicule his health and age, sought his resignation.

Pathetic lot.

Lame! Face the issue my brother.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers LGA Chairmanship And Councillorship Election - Situation Report / Bayelsa Poll: Jonathan’s Role Splits PDP / Patience Jonathan Made Her Money From Gift And Gratification, IYC Tells EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.