Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan (12758 Views)

Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal / Photo Of Oba Of Lagos, Bola Tinubu, Fashola, Others / Fashola, Others Play Football At UNIBEN 1987 Law Class Reunion (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by sarrki(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
The Executive Director, Research and Advocacy of the Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors, Sunday Oduntan, has suggested that public officers responsible for providing power should be banned from using generators.

Oduntan made the call when he spoke with reporters in Lagos on Tuesday, saying that the measure was necessary to compel public officers to live up to expectations in doing their jobs.

According to him, top government functionaries, including the minister of power and other agencies in the power sector should be disallowed from using generators at their homes and offices to make them find lasting solution to the endemic power problem.

He said, “I believe that Nigeria has reached a point when all of us, including investors in the power sector should be banned from using generators.

“If the minister of power, permanent secretary and investors in the power sector are banned from using generators, I believe we will come together and fix the problem once and for all.

“My personal opinion is that as long as we continue to have alternatives to this problem, power failure will persist

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/24/fashola-others-banned-using-generators-sunday-oduntan/

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
grin My own sarrki, have you seen maina of late grin ?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Biety: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Importation of Generator should rather be banned completely if we want to get it right in the power sector.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by sarrki(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
I totally agree with you

I observed that they hardly use generator in their homes

There I constant and steady power supply in their homes

They only use it in office to embezzle public funds

Only the masses bare the brunt

Our political elites are wicked

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by sarrki(m): 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
grin My own sarrki, have you seen maina of late grin ?

Our problem is a societal thing

Naturally we are corrupt

We all see it as a way of life

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
That's gonna be a very good one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
sarrki:

Naturally we are corrupt

Now you know, all the whole past months you've been blaming Jonathan. But jubril has shown us that he's far corrupt than Abacha himself.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by olaric(m): 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
Even PHCN offices use Generators

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Megatrix: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2017
Our minister for power still dey use gen, even all the discos dey use gen for their office. Wonderful country

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Evablizin(f): 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2017
sarrki:
I totally agree with you
I observed that they hardly use generator in their homes
There I constant and steady power supply in their homes
They only use it in office to embezzle public funds
Only the masses bare the brunt
Our political elites are wicked
Oga sarrki,good evening,how are you?

7 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by sarrki(m): 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
Evablizin:
Oga sarrki,good evening,how are you?

Evening my sis

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2017
sarrki:

Naturally we are corrupt

. This one you dey talk small small ,its like maina issue dey affect u? No vex o,where him dey sef ? hear say una Efcc dey find am.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by OlujobaSamuel: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
nice idea, but this is 9ja, it wont work.
There is a political big wig in my area, IKDC wont give us light, but whenever this man is around, you go think sey the area na aso rock

6 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Dedetwo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
It is act of foolishness to ask an armed robber to eradicate armed robbery.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by MrGreenMavro: 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2017
One hausa man just called me I told him that it's wrong number.....The man called me back to ask me if I know the correct number

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by AishaBuhari: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
It makes no difference because even in Aso Rock we use generators undecided

8 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
And Inverters. I agree.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by chloride6: 7:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
Choi see fashola life....

Fashola just played into Fulani hands. He went and accepted an impossible job. Now his credibility is finished.

Fashola can't solve the problem because the Northern Cabal is not done using the electricity issue to slow down the growth of the South.

How can all parts of Nigeria have electricity at once?

Imagine if you passed a law saying MTN must roll out it's infrastructure in equal strength all over the country.

Or that all banks must have equal branches all over the country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by hezy4real01(m): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Yes even FG offices, so that they can know what Nigerians are facing

4 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by lilfreezy: 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Biety:
Importation of Generator should rather be banned completely if we want to get it right in the power sector.

undecided that was how our useless president banned the importation of rice without any agricultural boom in rice production, Making the poor masses buy rice mixed with stones at 25k per bag. And you want them to ban importation of generators while the government are yet to deliver on the 24hrs power they promised within six months as they said during their campaign. Why don't you people learn sef undecided. Youths of these generation ehn tufiakwa!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by LilSmith55(m): 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
100% agreed, let dem knw how we feel

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Very correct, this many is only making sense because he is not a politician

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by AishaBuhari: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
GreenMavro:
One hausa man just called me I told him that it's wrong number.....The man called me back to ask me if I know the correct number

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by rawtouch: 8:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
I concur..

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Flexherbal(m): 8:01pm On Oct 24, 2017
I agree!

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by DJperdurabo: 8:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
Biety:

That would be a tough call.considering the money that is made off the power situation in Nigeria.
Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by emperormossad(m): 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
This idea is lofty but is it feasible? I doubt. Reminds me about when I wrote my final exams few months back, despite pleas and protest on the students part, no feather was ruffled. This is just one head among the hydra-headed monster facing our nation, the earlier we sort it out, the better for everyone concerned.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by Hoseaexcape(m): 8:04pm On Oct 24, 2017
U guys knw the condition wey 9ja d na,why in no go use genarator :DU guys knw the condition wey 9ja d na,why in no go use genarator
Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by romeorailss: 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
GreenMavro:
Buhahahahhaha grin cheesy

U no tell am say na zero suppose end the number grin
Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by BornnAgainChild(f): 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2017
Abeg this Oduntan guy should go have several seats...pot calling kettle black

What effort has he made in regulating the light

As if in his own house e no dey use gen undecided
Re: Fashola, Others Should Be Banned From Using Generators – Sunday Oduntan by osscarr(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
I can't imagine
So minister of power go reach house; then go on generator

Arrrruuuuu

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olawunmi Ogunmosunle Explains Delay In Payment Of MDAs’ October Salaries / Deji Adeyanju: Nigeria Needs Igbo President In 2023, APC Must Zone To South-East / Bauchi APC Reacts To Sule Katagum's Defection To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.