Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,739 members, 7,809,831 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

"Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (21589 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / Melania Trump Racist In Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by writeprof(m): 11:31pm On Oct 24, 2017
The story is interesting in showing that even in the midst of golden prosperity, the rich and powerful also cry.
Adichie is also enjoying the artistic freedom to express her opinion whichever way anyone sees it.
Themes:
Blacks are still angry that Obama had to go
Whites still believe Blacks can't get anything on merit
There is still tension in the land and among the races.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by cstr1000: 1:10am On Oct 25, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Na only her dey there?
Slack indeed.
She is misbehaving biko
It is because she is the only one you know since she is Nigerian. There are many people mking noise too that you don't know.
And besides, she is a leading and respected voice among American female intellectual community and she helps in shaping opinions.
She is no longer Nigeria's adichie. She is now far more than that.
She is a global icon.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Organs(m): 2:49am On Oct 25, 2017
Lalas247:

Me waiting for trump to sha send one lipsrsealed to North Korea
Really wanna see if those nukes dey parade up n down is real... as long as dry send it back to his crib all good grin

Lalas, when ww3 start remember your comment for here oh. lol, you wan know whether NK nuke na real? google is ur friend.... You no wonder why dem no born trump well make him near that side like Libya or Iraq or Syria? Dem get am and it is REAL, dem dey perfect the war head to deliver with precision.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by BigIyanga: 4:32am On Oct 25, 2017
AryaSand:

I say the same thing everytime. She's there forming African and Feminists yet she's not going from one African country to another fighting for Education for the girl child.
She's an Hypocrite abeg. Notice she didn't say anything when the Senate was talking about her Sisters having every right to inherit their father's properties.
H is not silent in " hypocrite" fix your thinking about English first before attacking Adichie and her sisters!

1 Like

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by kiddapunk: 4:47am On Oct 25, 2017
lalasticlala:

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/t-magazine/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-micronovel.html

[img]https://qzprod.files./2017/10/rts1gdjr-e1508692417723.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=1600[/img]Fiction about the US first lady. (Reuters/Kevin Lamarque)

I think her little education and literary prowess is getting to her head, she's looking for all the reasons to be repatriated. when is she is dealt with now some people will say Trump is a racist,anti-negro,etc.mtcheew

1 Like

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by kiddapunk: 4:50am On Oct 25, 2017
Iscoalarcon:
When I am ready to marry I will find a beautiful and brilliant woman like this womqn kiss
just be ready to dispose baby poop,cook at equal intervals and get disrespected all in the name of feminism. mtcheeww! this one can't even raise children properly, she is ITK.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by DavIkenna(m): 7:23am On Oct 25, 2017
You can read my comment. That's the end of the story line
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Caseless: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2017
doctorkush:
undecided i think nothing... I am a black man, I don't like reading ...

grin
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by forbisi: 9:48am On Oct 25, 2017
The woman just seems to be obsessed with first ladies. I think it's more of a jealousy thing. That was how she granted interview after interview about Michelle Obama, saying she forces her daughters to put hot irons in their hair, rather than leaving it natural.
Please what is her business with that?
She just wishes she was in their position, married to power, that should be what is spurring all this.

1 Like

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by teeghurl(f): 10:38am On Oct 25, 2017
This is so unnecessary and below the belt. Yes, she'll get the money and whatever fame she desire to get from this crap she wrote but she's gradually losing her intergrity.

1 Like

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
introvertme:

DAT myndfulness girl has a problem,that's the thing about 3rd wave feminists it's either they're right or they're right.
i didn't know she is female, i bet she is expecting a guy to marry her with her disgusting Atitude.

she couldn't make a single reasonable contribution to the topic, Apart from insults.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Thehatman: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2017
Congratulations to Adichie on being one of the cover stars of the T Magazine Oct issue. She has been representing Nigeria well, I wish her greater success in her career.

She is indeed a good writer!!!
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by itsandi(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2017
Making us proud! Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by haryomikun(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Koolking:
Similar topic has already been moved to front page. Lala this is duplication unless you are fighting for a spot on frontpage.

I think Adichie is a low self esteem racist
You're right bro

I Dont know what the problem with her is... Always shouting racism upandan.
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
forbisi:

The woman just seems to be obsessed with first ladies. I think it's more of a jealousy thing. That was how she granted interview after interview about Michelle Obama, saying she forces her daughters to put hot irons in their hair, rather than leaving it natural.
Please what is her business with that?
She just wishes she was in their position, married to power, that should be what is spurring all this.
jealousy it is! she is very very very very very obssesively jealous!

1 Like

Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Martin0(m): 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
gypsey:
jealousy it is! she is very very very very very obssesively jealous!

What made u think so?
Re: "Janelle Asked To The Bedroom" By Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Adekay94(m): 3:38pm On Nov 27, 2017
https://africanentertainment.info/fallen-chapter-1/

�Fallen Chapter 1-5 now available!!!

Click the link below to read /get(pdf) now!!

https://africanentertainment.info/fallen-chapter-1/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Autobiography "My Watch" Now Sold In Traffic. Are They Pirated? / How To Write And Pass Toefl Exams(toefl Exams Made Easy) / Chimamanda Adichie: Men Commit Suicide More Because Of Patriarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.