Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (109746 Views)

Why Pregnant Women Should NOT Drink Garri / Why It Is Risky For Pregnant Women, Nursing Mothers To Drink Zobo-edokita / 5 Reasons Why Pregnant Women Should Have Regular Intercourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by ogundeleai(m): 6:13am On Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with long history of insomnia should also desist from consuming the same drink... That's my findings after careful consideration but not medically proved
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by lastempero: 6:30am On Oct 25, 2017
ekems2017:
I strongly disagree with this research. I was pregnant with my first baby and the only thing I could drink for the whole nine mths was zobo. I was advised not to drink kunu that time so that my baby will not be too big. I drank zobo as if my life depended on it. Gave birth to a baby that weighed 3.5kg. So which one come be this one i just read?
Someone once told me that if I drink this same zobo I will go in to Labour before my baby is up to nine months but I carry am pass the date the doctor even gave me.

Abeg make i rest with this una research.

U don bust their ass,I believe ur own personal research than those fake researchers.

1 Like

Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Geezholla: 6:47am On Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how our fathers and mothers had survived.....

They had no precaution, they lived more than we do.....

They violated medical decisions and still lived more than us....

Now even the natural drink that my fathers took is now a taboo.....

OMG, are we going to survive this?

1 Like

Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by walozanga(m): 6:52am On Oct 25, 2017
TheHistorian:
If Nigerians are to take all these health research results serious..

I think we will only drink water and eat fruits. undecided undecided

my brother even some fruits them go tell us say e no pure. I tire for lot of new finding thisdays

1 Like

Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by symbianDON(m): 6:59am On Oct 25, 2017
Palaver:
see me see wahala ooo....wetin concern me concern tonto dikeh and davido? angry
tuale sir!! see my two hands for up grin

1 Like

Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 25, 2017
Was enjoying it until the kunu part. Kunu promotion at its peak. Sooner they'll ask us to drink fara di nunu only. Nonsense.
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Palaver: 7:39am On Oct 25, 2017
symbianDON:
tuale sir!! see my two hands for up grin
grin the don, I hail oo
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 25, 2017
Enlighten us doctor, so we can learn
Frenchfriez:

hmmm ma'am, that some ppl follow a common believe doesn't make it right and true , at least scientifically. I can highlight a number of practices which health care givers encourage but are factually just rituals.
This is not to say that I'm disputing the authenticity about the pineapple ish, infact, its well documented that bromelain , one of the metabolites in pineapple is implicated in uterine contraction.
However for zobo, the enzyme mentioned SGPT (ALT) has its pregnancy effect but it's far from what the write up suggested
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by LilieJmac: 9:31am On Oct 25, 2017
Noted. Thanks
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by mecussey(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2017
ekems2017:
I strongly disagree with this research. I was pregnant with my first baby and the only thing I could drink for the whole nine mths was zobo. I was advised not to drink kunu that time so that my baby will not be too big. I drank zobo as if my life depended on it. Gave birth to a baby that weighed 3.5kg. So which one come be this one i just read?
Someone once told me that if I drink this same zobo I will go in to Labour before my baby is up to nine months but I carry am pass the date the doctor even gave me.

Abeg make i rest with this una research.

dont mind the fuxkkking fake researchers. Everybody should eat watin hungry am.
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Mustack: 4:46pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by cheez2018: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2018
Probably true.had lots of zobo while pregnant for my second baby and she came out really underweight and with jundice.she is almost five and never added weight.still on the slim side unlike my other kids�.
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2018
AniAnne:
Thank God. Thank you for this great info.

Na wa o.some of una dont actively contribute to this forum just take sha... grin
Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by Bimbe: 8:31am On Jul 30, 2018
This isn't true haba! Zobo ke! . I drank zobo when I was pregnant I drank it like water everyday and my boy weighed almost 4kg and I didn't find it difficult losing weight either. Where do you guys get these funny info self... Smh

1 Like

Re: Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo by chocochocob: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2018
From all I've read here, it's obvious that the effect of zobo in pregnancy varies from woman to woman. It is different for everyone according to your body mechanism. Some people exercise well during pregnancy but some quickly have a miscarriage at the 1st attempt to exercise. I guess that's the way zobo is too. It's good for some folks and bad for others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You / COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) / Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.