Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN (13513 Views)

Dangote May Forfeit Refinery Project To Nigerian / Court Orders Ecobank To Forfeit N22.5bn Over Airtel Shares / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by SageTravels: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2017
davide470:
In as much as this measure is a bit extreme, i support it. What would it take for you to link your BVN to an account or register for the BVN except you are hiding something..

..and the banks, making more money from these monies (why won't they complain)

grin

Your stupidity is First Class
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by ivandragon: 9:46am On Oct 25, 2017
the FG is being unnecessarily overdramatic over this BVN thing.

rather than sieze the monies, simply put a red alert on those accounts so that no transactions can occur.

if anyone tries to claim the funds, then the person would explain why s/he delayed in taking the proper steps.

people with genuine reasons can continue with their businesses...

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Jrevelation(m): 9:49am On Oct 25, 2017
You know the issue with my bvn is terrible

I have three acct

Account name and Bvn name is not match

For example not my real name

First bank name is Adewale Michael William /1983/12/28
Gtbank name Micheal William 1993/2/9
Bvn name is Michael William /1993/2/9
Access bank name Adewale Michael /dob is 1983/12/28

And I register my bvn with gtbank

And other acct is freezed due to no bvn link and I have more than 30k those acct
Advice what should I do?
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by mmsen: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2017
To the OP, who issues the money, the legal tender?
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by ashjay001(m): 9:53am On Oct 25, 2017
Adesiji77:

https://nairametrics.com/ten-things-wrong-order-forfeit-sums-account-not-linked-bvn/

The banks are sequestered in naija, enjoy d protection, support of d nigerian govt, with access to her populace!?

One of d requirements to continued access to banking services is by obtaining a bvn number!? Any acct not linked should then be liable to be forfeited, as long as those banks are under d sovereignty of nigeria!?

Any objection to ur acct being forfeited, then f*cking go n prove it!?

Whats illegal in that! Move ur hard earned funds, out of d country, if u're not interested in bvn or forfeit it!? Dazzol

Since u own ur car, why not drive around naija without a drivers license or build ur home with building permits n approved plans, since u own d land n can build anything on it!?

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 25, 2017
Nigerians are really dumb tongue
We give the government too much power.
Power belongs to the people
This whole measure is bleeped up. Rhe government don't have the right to seize money unnecessary just because of bvn

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by jefy(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2017
"those without BVN has something to hide" Funny comments from funny populace judging issues from one angle, not looking at issues from different dimensions, I guess that's why we are backward. we have a large chunk of an illiterate populace who cares less about issues of BVN but run accounts with paltry sums. Me personally think, suspected accounts with large sums of cash not linked with BVN be investigated through the corporation of the bank, the efcc et all and save us this whole madness. Honestly, they know who they are after and should go for them. Aside that, government has to be creative on their drive for fund raising. Let's look at issues critically before we judge.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:59am On Oct 25, 2017
Jrevelation:

I have three acct

And other acct is freezed due to no bvn link and I have more than 30k those acct
Advice what should I do?
ee don BE 4 u my guy...
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by AuroraB(f): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2017
If person go prison for years come back. Best believe 'he go hopeless, he come hopeless' and his wife no go greet am welcome naa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by thedondada(m): 10:05am On Oct 25, 2017
My own is that the accounts I have abandoned since and didn't even update a Bvn to them are still sending me sms with account balance.

As far as I am concerned those aren't my accounts. I should even call the banks to notify them self before they run criminal parade on it and put man for wahala

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by brownlord: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2017
davide470:
In as much as this measure is a bit extreme, i support it. What would it take for you to link your BVN to an account or register for the BVN except you are hiding something..

..and the banks, making more money from these monies (why won't they complain)

grin

Dear illiterate, there are fellow countrymen outside the country for over a decade now, they don’t have means of leaving their host country except they want to permanently exit the country, their entire life savings is about to be taken away by your govt. who give nothing but use every gimmicks available to rub its citizenry. Don’t listen to the hogwash of bvn been done at nigeria embassy oversea, it’s a proper lie. Getting a vital travel document such as international passport is almost not possible in some countries let alone bvn. If bvn is done outside Nigeria it won’t be in more than 4 or 5 countries knowing your country men is scattered in all countries of the earth. Your govt is about to turn her citizens hopeless by stealing their money in the name of bvn enrollment.

The politicians don’t even keep money in bank. That you’re not affected doesn’t mean others won’t be. Use your brain

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2017
Nigeria ruled by illiterates since independence.

The money in the accounts does not belong to the government. If government suspects any funds are tainted, they should seek and obtain a court order on those funds.
Some people are abroad and have not returned for many years. They have money in the bank. They should not lose their money.
Some funds belong to deceased people and for one reason or the other the inheritors cannot / have not claimed the money yet. They should not lose their funds.
Some cases have been under litigation perhaps for decades. If two parties lay claim to one account, without a court judgment, who should the bank issue BVN ?
Some accounts have defective documentation that may only be revealed with time and the rightful owners alerted. Does the FG have a right to those funds ?
Some people are in prison or chronically sick and have had no opportunity to register for BVN. When they eventually are released, get better or die, they should not have to part with their funds.

Sometimes I wonder if this madness in Nigeria derives from the air or water

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by james007: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has a view....

We always condemn everything we don't understand or agree with. Can't you guys just give ideas on how to make this decision better?

The Govt. has a right to make laws for the good of the majority, the minority have a right to contest such laws and the court can make a decision to favour the minority based on MERIT.

It is not so difficult to understand what the job of the court is!

If your concern is about genuine people not being able to access their money due to factors beyond their control, don't fret. All those people have to do is prove beyond reasonable doubt that they were not in a position to get their BVN done for OVER 2 YEARS.

This is one of the best decisions by this GOVT. PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Jaiyeola24(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2017
These are all propaganda from Old Generation banks that are leaving on dead people's money is either you invite their families to claim the money or you forfeit the money to government no hiding place for criminals and money launderers
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by donqx: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2017
really
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by safetyInspector(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2017
Thank God you said most banks not all. Read this email for Nigerians in Qatar.

Fellow Nigerians,

As part of our commitment to assist our people, NIDO-Qatar is making necessary move to bring in a Bank Verification Number (BVN) designate centre from Dubai to help register interested persons.

This effort is necessitated following the Federal Government of Nigeria's directive to commercial banks to freeze bank accounts without the Bank Verification Number of customers.

Interested persons should simply reply this message with their details to enroll for the BVN. Charges will be communicated once we collate the number of persons interested.

Thank you.

NIDO-Qatar Secretariat.

http://punchng.com/bvn-court-ruling-bank-heads-to-meet-nigerians-in-diaspora-kick/

GetUmad:

Most banks in Nigeria actually created platforms for doing BVN in some of these countries.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by amicable09(f): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2017
bettercreature:
Are you a criminal?
Smart girls have Criminal Minds. cheesy
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Beetobee(f): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2017
That's why the application is for temporary forfeiture. This means the owners of these accounts can come and claim their accounts if they are clean.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Nymeria247(m): 10:56am On Oct 25, 2017
The category of Nigerians crying foul about this forfeiture order are Ghost Workers, Civil Servants with Shady Contracting businesses, and very ignorant Nigerians. It is quite difficult to believe that people are not involved in shady activities when the accounts they operate in several banks were opened with different names. First Bank account name is EMEKA ABDUL OLUSEGUN, GTB account name is PHILIP JOHNSON JIBRIL, UBA account name EDWARD OKECHUKWU ISAH, etc. We can't go on like this and expect Nigeria to move forward!

The BVN was introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria and was launched February 14th 2014. It is the registration of customers in the financial system using biometric technology. Biometric technology involves the process of recording a person’s unique physical traits such as fingerprints and facial features. This record can then be used to correctly identify the person afterwards. Once a person’s biometrics has been properly captured, the person is given a Bank Verification Number or BVN. According to the CBN, The objective of the BVN initiative is to protect bank customers, reduce fraud and further strengthen the Nigerian banking system. Fraud is reduced because no two people have the same biometric information. Banks will therefore be able to check the features of a person doing a transaction against the record, which the bank has captured thereby correctly identifying the owner of an account.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Ballmer: 11:00am On Oct 25, 2017
amicable09:
Tell them!

This so called BVN that was haphazardly done. I've not seen anything with as much errors at the time of enrollment in my life than BVN.

Federal Government should continue to look for money in other places and stop making citizens wary of putting their monies in banks. Too much money under people's mattresses instead of bank accounts.

Trust Nigerians sha, where there's a will, there's a way. They'll outsmart FG.

My dear you will lament to your death. BVN is here to stay anyone not able to go through with it should forfeit the money. You can complain lament wail all you want.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Ballmer: 11:03am On Oct 25, 2017
ozoemenaca:
What about those who has been in Abroad for the past ten years now but has money in their account. Some even remit money into those account but they have not visited Nigeria since they left the country. Buhari policies would never have human face
Monkey face nko. On their return they can go to the court n seek redress after proving the money is no loot.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by temitopeadeyemo: 11:03am On Oct 25, 2017
All you need to do is to regularise the discrepancies in your details. Go to the bank you registered the BVN. They will tell you what you need to do.

Jrevelation:

I have three acct

Advice what should I do?
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2017
Jrevelation:

I have three acct

Advice what should I do?

go to your bank and met the manager, you will be required to write a later, court order and proof to change your details.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Elcompetential: 11:07am On Oct 25, 2017
Giddiebabalaw:
I think FG is broke... Looking for another means to raise fund.

Do u understand the BVN thing at all?

1 Like

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2017
Ballmer:

My dear you will lament to your death. BVN is here to stay anyone not able to go through with it should forfeit the money. You can complain lament wail all you want.

i love this but its hash sha ooo.

they should choose one bank or FG.
one of the two will take there money.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Elcompetential: 11:09am On Oct 25, 2017
bettercreature:
Are you a criminal?

Exactly what am thinking too....
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Giddiebabalaw(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2017
Elcompetential:

Do u understand the BVN thing at all?
I should b the one to ask you such question... Just making fun of it....
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by omoguess: 11:16am On Oct 25, 2017
Jrevelation:

I have three acct

Advice what should I do?

my dear, get a valid I.d card that have your 3 names and correct dob, get a sworn court affidavit that you have ACCTS with gtb and access with 2 names and that u did your bvn with 2 names but you actually have 3 names and u want all your account and bvn to bear your three names Bleep. take the sworn affidavit to gtb and access bank. your 3rd name will be added to your acct and bvn
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by amicable09(f): 11:45am On Oct 25, 2017
Ballmer:

It's unfortunate that my saliva is too precious to be wasted this sunny day on you.

Learn to talk in a civil way then come back. Just maybe, I'll engage you in a civilized conversation.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by realmindz: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2017
Adesiji77:

https://nairametrics.com/ten-things-wrong-order-forfeit-sums-account-not-linked-bvn/

1. BVN is a prerequisite for operating a bank account in Nigeria
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by realmindz: 11:57am On Oct 25, 2017
amicable09:
Tell them!

This so called BVN that was haphazardly done. I've not seen anything with as much errors at the time of enrollment in my life than BVN.

Federal Government should continue to look for money in other places and stop making citizens wary of putting their monies in banks. Too much money under people's mattresses instead of bank accounts.

Trust Nigerians sha, where there's a will, there's a way. They'll outsmart FG.

Do you know that fraudsters have different accounts and account names with falsified data? Most discrepancies are the fault of the bank customers. An average Nigerian cannot tell the difference between first name, last name and middle name plus having different dates of birth on documents and I'd cards.

Bvn has come to stay and all irregularities must be corrected. Nigeria will be better with correct biodata capturing system

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It True That Polaris Bank Services Have Been Restored? / Reagan Cement Bagging Company commences operation / Forex Project $50 - $1000!!! Join Me For Live Trading Here! Free $50 Account!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.