Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,446 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN (13529 Views)

Dangote May Forfeit Refinery Project To Nigerian / Court Orders Ecobank To Forfeit N22.5bn Over Airtel Shares / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Benuromi: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2017
Yes, you are right. Most bank created the platform. I bank with first Bank. I did mine in london but I have a friend who have a lot money in his Nigeria back but couldn't do the BVN due to NO DOCUMENTS. He is illegal and have no identity card to do that. Is difficult for alot of people in Europe countries.

GetUmad:

Most banks in Nigeria actually created platforms for doing BVN in some of these countries.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by GEEGLOBAL: 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2017
THE LAW IS BINDING ON ALL THE BANKS,
IF THE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT OWNER ARE ALIVE,
AND DON'T HAVE SKELETON IN THEIR CUPBOARD
LET THEM APPROACH THEIR BANKS AND DO THEIR BVN.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by amicable09(f): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2017
realmindz:

Do you know that fraudsters have different accounts and account names with falsified data? Most discrepancies are the fault of the bank customers. An average Nigerian cannot tell the difference between first name, last name and middle name plus having different dates of birth on documents and I'd cards.

Bvn has come to stay and all irregularities must be corrected. Nigeria will be better with correct biodata capturing system
I know about fraudsters using different accounts to perpetuate fraud. I also know there are clean people with bvn issues and after linking their accounts we begin to see systemated messages flash in our eyes:

BVN MISMATCH!

97% of this mismatch are input errors.
All these charge and bail lawyers have enriched their pockets through affidavits that they are stamping up and down.

I have nothing against BVN, my issue is with seizing monies kept in trust with the bank.
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Ruggedpen: 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
davide470:
In as much as this measure is a bit extreme, i support it. What would it take for you to link your BVN to an account or register for the BVN except you are hiding something..

..and the banks, making more money from these monies (why won't they complain)

grin
in as much as you are a literate or semi-literate bear in mind that some people doesn't know how to write and read, but were managed to convinced by a friend to open an account, most of them doesn't know anything about BVN and how it connect to their account, now u are in support of FG to cease their money because u are fortunate. some people will support FG even without understanding the impact of their actions on the masses. complicated zombies [b][/b]
Re: Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN by Babacele: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2017
amicable09:
Smart girls have Criminal Minds. cheesy
no be lie.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please How Lucrative Is Buying A Concrete Mixer For Business? / How Are You Cutting Cost This Period? / Access Bank Sets To Acquire Transnational Bank In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.