Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Habits That Show Improper Upbringing In Children And How To Control It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Habits That Show Improper Upbringing In Children And How To Control It (1065 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Habits That Show Improper Upbringing In Children And How To Control It by Niceboyx4(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2017
Please, carefully look into the list below to see where you may want to make amends on yourself or the young ones you are caring for.
Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if the parents are at the top of their career.
Manners take you to where your education can't take you, irrespective of your status, money or the "who you know" factor.
This is not meant to hurt anyone or pinpoint on someone for their upbringing. Its a general message targeted to all the parents of today.

1.Going to your child's school dressed indecently? Think again.

2. Speaking rashly to your child's teacher.

3. Cursing, using foul words or swearing in front of your children.

4. Using makeup on children.

5. Dressing with tight clothes and indecently for children (they loose the sense of their princesshood and may not listen to you in future).

7. Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim and you don't make a correction.

8. Your children don't greet and you just feel they will come around one day because they have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it)

9. Your children eat with their mouth opened and you feel they will grow up some day.

10. Your children brought home something you did not buy for them and you said nothing. (That is the beginning of stealing)

11. They talked back at you and you concluded it's okay since you're a 21st century mummy. (You will hate yourself if they do that outside and they are disciplined)

12. They interrupt when you are speaking with another adult and you think they are bold and clever. (It's really bad manners)

13. They exercise authority over their nanny and domestic staff and you let them be. (That is bad parenting)

14. They say things like "my driver is on his way..."
I am not an advocate that children should call your domestic staff aunty or brother but, calling them by names when they are not young people is not poise either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs will look good on them.

15. Your children don't say- 'Thank you' when they have been helped or served something. They don't know how to say "please" when they need someone for help; and you are cool with that. (Bad parenting)

16. When your children cannot stand children who are less privileged.

17. When they pick their nose with their hands.

18. When they don't wash their hands after visiting the washroom.

19. When your children take something from the fridge without taking permission. (Bad parenting)

20. When your children don't knock on closed doors....
Read more... http://www.loadedchuks.com/2017/10/habits-that-show-improper-upbringing-in.html

2 Likes

Re: Habits That Show Improper Upbringing In Children And How To Control It by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Niceboyx4:
Please, carefully look into the list below to see where you may want to make amends on yourself or the young ones you are caring for.
Children, if not properly groomed may never get to the top in life, even if the parents are at the top of their career.
Manners take you to where your education can't take you, irrespective of your status, money or the "who you know" factor.
This is not meant to hurt anyone or pinpoint on someone for their upbringing. Its a general message targeted to all the parents of today.

1.Going to your child's school dressed indecently? Think again.
always BE yourself regardless of what people think of you. if dressing indecently is how you raised your kids WELL, then continue do so. a child will love you regardless, and those that criticize you dont really matter

2. Speaking rashly to your child's teacher.
say your mind or shut the fukc up...but certainly dont be quiet if/when you believe something is wrong

3. Cursing, using foul words or swearing in front of your children.
children should always remember the #1 rule of parenting: do what i say NOT what i do"

5. Dressing with tight clothes and indecently for children (they loose the sense of their princesshood and may not listen to you in future).
dress the way you feel, and again, never change for anybody

7. Your child holds the cup or glassware by the brim and you don't make a correction.
children uses plastic cups anyway...let them learn in due time, when their hands are big enough

8. Your children don't greet and you just feel they will come around one day because they have a mood swing. (You will be blamed for it)
what are you saiyng?

9. Your children eat with their mouth opened and you feel they will grow up some day.
eating with your mouth closed has absolutely NOTHING to do with growing up

10. Your children brought home something you did not buy for them and you said nothing. (That is the beginning of stealing)
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!! there are many ways they could have gooten that thing, other than stealing. give your kids the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing them of stealing before even asking where they got it.

11. They talked back at you and you concluded it's okay since you're a 21st century mummy. (You will hate yourself if they do that outside and they are disciplined)
children can have an opinion, so long as they do so with RESPECT

12. They interrupt when you are speaking with another adult and you think they are bold and clever. (It's really bad manners)
just remind them that you are talking, et voila!

13. They exercise authority over their nanny and domestic staff and you let them be. (That is bad parenting)
they will just copy whatever mummy and daddy are doing. if they do anything wrong, blame yourself.

14. They say things like "my driver is on his way..."
I am not an advocate that children should call your domestic staff aunty or brother but, calling them by names when they are not young people is not poise either. The use of Miss, Mr or Mrs will look good on them.
so should mummy and daddy

16. When your children cannot stand children who are less privileged.
wtf?!

17. When they pick their nose with their hands.
what should they pick their nose with?! so long as they clean their hands afterwards, then there is no issues with it

19. When your children take something from the fridge without taking permission. (Bad parenting)
if you feed your kids properly, they wouldnt go in the fridge for more stuff. but then again, if your kids are thirtsy/hungry,
why shouldnt they go in the fridge to get something?

FIXED
Re: Habits That Show Improper Upbringing In Children And How To Control It by Ama80(f): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2017
I dont see anything wrong in my kids going to pick something frm d fridge if they r hungry or thirsty

(1) (Reply)

Am I Wrong To Ask My Ex-husband To Return The Car My Dad Gave Us? / Bathroom Fittings For Architects, Interior Decorators and Personal Buildings / My Family Is Tearing Apart,im To Young For This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.