Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (347777 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:44am On Nov 14, 2017
whyteone:
bro,still waiting for the response you promised.

Na wetin Lady K write be this o

bro,I need to pick your brains on investment opportunities in the US.

Can one buy a house in the US(say a two bedroom house)and earn money from rent?
Yes you can buy a two bedroom house and earn money for rent. If you plan on living in it you should look for a multi- unit house that has two or more units so that you can live in one and earn rent from the other unit. You would be getting money from the tenant that will pay for your mortgage, so you will be living there for free.
1.How much does a 2 bedroom house go for in your neighborhood(purchase price)
Depending on how much work the house needs it can go any where from 100,000 to 200,000. If you are looking for a multi-unit house the banks are more likely to give you more money for the mortgage, because you will be earning from the tenant.
2.How much is down payment
It is likely that the down payment could be 20% of what the houses price would be. There are programs out there if you are a first time home buyer that you could get the rate down to 3%.

3.How much is monthly mortgage payment
So if you include your insurance and taxes into your monthly payment it could be up 1,200 to 1,500 a month, which is the better option so you don’t have to worry about finding the money to pay your property taxes at the end of the year.

4.How much can one rent it out for.
You could get up to 1,000 a month for rent. You could charge them more if you plan on including some of the utilities.

All these assumptions is based on (where we live in New England)

I edited the city to the bolded

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Choi ... brotherzone grin

Well I'm sure HE doesn't have a problem with that smiley
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:46am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Ok....let me try and translate some of this Mr. Pidgin expert....lol.
Is you who is talking? Is that what the first sentence means?
Yeah...no one beats Nigerian men with the sweet talk....lol. I mean the only other guys who can compete with Nigerians are Jamaicans...lol.
I'm a tough nut to crack though!
I just gave you some basic pidgin lessons.. I expect you to learn them little by little wink

Nigerian men are the best. (Real talk). Try out one
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 12:47am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Choi ... brotherzone grin

I'll choose any of the zones over being an EX
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:48am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Well unfortunately, I don't know any Igbo...daddy didn't have time to teach us cry
He was busy working hard to provide a nice lifestyle for my family...
And he succeeded.
But u r free to translate for me..I'm gonna try to learn Igbo & Pidgin.
And yes....we can be e-friends.

Na so e dey start nah. E-friends grin

Which state do you live btw.

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
I just gave you some basic pidgin lessons.. I expect you to learn them little by little wink

Nigerian men are the best. (Real talk). Try out one

Thanks...and I will successfully learn it.
Oh...I have an example of an awesome Nigerian man....my dad.
I know you guys are much coveted by women all over the world of all races and ethnicities....

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:51am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Thanks...and I will successfully learn it.
Oh...I have an example of an awesome Nigerian man....my dad.
I know you guys are much coveted by women all over the world of all races and ethnicities....
Great!! My regards to your dad.
But you can start your practical pidgin with your dad. Don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

Na so e dey start nah. E-friends grin

Which state do you live btw.

I'm honored to be speaking once more with the author of this lovely piece.
Thank you for letting me speak on here...
I'm in the deep South portion of the U.S.
Think about the southeastern portion of the U.S..it hardly ever snows where I live.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Great!! My regards to your dad.
But you can start your practical pidgin with your dad. Don't you think?

Thank u....
Well....i'm more interested in learning Igbo with him....
He's still busy too...and I live in a different city (where I work)...so it's not that easy.
But maybe I could try to work something out...
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:55am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Well....i'm more interested in Igbo...
I live in a different city(where I work)...so it's not that easy.
One word
"Google Translator"
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 12:57am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Think about the southeastern portion of the U.S..it hardly ever snows where I live.
Florida cheesy
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
One word
"Google Translator"

LOL....yes...the other guy said that.
I'm not crazy about "google"...but I'm gonna try.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:57am On Nov 14, 2017
FuckYaAll:

at Bj you shouldn't have announced this Now.
what am trying to say is Some people in here would spoil the fun of this thread with this issue.

Note: Am not trying to say OP should not give out the airtime.
to those sending Me PM saying how is the issue my concern, well check clearly ERROR4040 moniker has been in here Since day one.
and I Have been enjoying the OP's update
so please we all should not use the issue of airtime to kill the Fun in here

No Offense please

thanks.

i still dey consider am before people go think say i be millionaire. Na hustle we dey for here o. But i dey always think am, if no be condition for naija, how much be 10$ wey person no fit dash another?. My country people no spoil reach like that nah. I see the good in everyone no matter what. Make we see how December go be. If my hours steady at this rate, I, personally go do small xmas for Nairaland people everyone go get at least 1000/1500 airtime each.

Error4040 na my surest padi for here, na my number 1 cheerleader. wink

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 1:00am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

i still dey consider am before people go think say i be millionaire. Na hustle we dey for here o. But i dey always think am, if no be condition for naija, how much be 10$ wey person no fit dash another?. My country people no spoil reach like that nah. I see the good in everyone no matter what. Make we see how December go be. If my hours steady at this rate, I, personally go do small xmas for Nairaland people everyone go get at least 1000/1500 airtime each.

Error4040 na my surest padi for here, na my number 1 cheerleader. wink

Deputy cheer leader reporting for duty grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Florida cheesy

U want to play the guessing game?
Lol...maybe I shouldn't have said southeastern....not that far east though....
But it's one of those states near FL...
U think I'm gonna say it....so some of these guys that got mad with me can send out some "boys" to pay me a visit....if u know what I mean?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:00am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

"honored"?? Aww.. thank you. you're so kind

I'm in one of the New England states and it is freaking cold (by my standards) already. there were snowflakes earlier today cos it rained.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 1:03am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

U want to play the guessing game?
Lol...maybe I shouldn't have said southeastern....not that far east though....
But it's one of those states near FL...
U think I'm gonna say it....so some of these guys that got mad with me can send out some "boys" to pay me a visit....if u know what I mean?
Arkansas?
Louisiana? Mississippi?Georgia? Alabama?
Either of these.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

"honored"?? Aww.. thank you. you're so kind

I'm in one of the New England states and it is freaking cold (by my standards) already. there were snowflakes earlier today cos it rained.

You are absolutely correct about the weather in the New England states...aside from Alaska...and perhaps Chicago, IL....u are living in some seriously cold weather....for winter season.
My hat's off to u....cause that weather is a beast.
I'm sorry for misjudging u...by the way.

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Arkansas?
Louisiana? Mississippi?Georgia? Alabama?
Either of these.

Hahaha.....lol!
It's one of those smiley
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 1:08am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Hahaha.....lol!
It's one of those smiley
Great.. enjoying the subtropical climate?..
In J.Cole's voice "I'm moving back to the south side"

Well it has good black population.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:11am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Great.. enjoying the subtropical climate?..
In J.Cole's voice "I'm moving back to the south side"

Well it has good black population.

Yes....the weather is one of the better things about living in the South.
Yes...blacks do like living in the South.
There's a history to that though.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 1:13am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Yes....the weather is one of the better things about living in the South.
Yes...blacks do like living in the South.
There's a history to that though.
I know smiley
1:13 am in Lagos Nigeria.
Goodnight!!!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManoftheYear,
Have u been to the U.S. before...cause u seem to be a little knowledgeable?
Also need to go...for a bit...but will be back soon.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
I know smiley
1:13 am in Lagos Nigeria.
Goodnight!!!

Ok....yes u are right.
U do need your rest.
Please just answer the other question another time.
Take care
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 1:19am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Green card hustle is real grin grin
Bia, nwokem, take your time o. What's that
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 1:30am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

So what are u saying exactly sir??
Cause it seems u are camped out on this thread...tent and all.
Maybe you ought to try it....
Jealous much......
Enter bar, make dem nak you one isi ewu in my name
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 1:34am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Ok....let me try and translate some of this Mr. Pidgin expert....lol.
Is you who is talking? Is that what the first sentence means?
Yeah...no one beats Nigerian men with the sweet talk....lol. I mean the only other guys who can compete with Nigerians are Jamaicans...lol.
I'm a tough nut to crack though!
Last senrence-apparently! You are shattering my age-long held stereotype.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:42am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

You are absolutely correct about the weather in the New England states...aside from Alaska...and perhaps Chicago, IL....u are living in some seriously cold weather....for winter season.
My hat's off to u....cause that weather is a beast.
I'm sorry for misjudging u...by the way.

Its okay. grin. Majority of people gets skeptical if one is dating a foreigner specifically American. Everyone starts thinking its all about the green card. This has nothing to do with green card when it started. However, green card became an added advantage to the relationship grin. When all these is over, we are going to naija to get her nigerian passport (as another advantage of the relationship grin).

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people marry for papers, I'm not disputing that. However, if only what i can show for living here is jist having papers, i have failed. Paper is nothing if all other aspect of my life is zero.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

Its okay. grin. Majority of people gets skeptical if one is dating a foreigner specifically American. Everyone starts thinking its all about the green card. This has nothing to do with green card when it started. However, green card became an added advantage to the relationship grin. When all these is over, we are going to naija to get her nigerian passport (as another advantage of the relationship grin).

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people marry for papers, I'm not disputing that. However, if only what i can show for living here is jist having papers, i have failed. Paper is nothing if all other aspect of my life is zero.

Ok....nicely stated.
My dad already had his green card when he married my late mother.....but that was a very long time ago....when it was much easier to get the card.
He wasn't even planning to stay in the U.S...but he met her during college, fell in love and the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

Last senrence-apparently! You are shattering my age-long held stereotype.

Lol....shattering it?
Remind me again about the specific stereotype cause I want to be right.....
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

Enter bar, make dem nak you one isi ewu in my name

Sorry...but could u translate for me please?

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:04am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Sorry...but could u translate for me please?
That will be difficullt from a socio-semantic point of view. Ok, lemme try, enter any bar of your choice, request goat head pepper soup, i will pay for it

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.