Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (347784 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:06am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Lol....shattering it?
Remind me again about the specific stereotype cause I want to be right.....
You are right, it's exactly what you are thinking.i sent you a pm
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:08am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

That will be difficullt from a socio-semantic point of view. Ok, lemme try, enter any bar of your choice, request goat head pepper soup, i will pay for it

Oh you'll buy him soup?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:10am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Oh you'll buy him soup?
Lolz. You won't until you have visited Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

Lolz. You won't until you have visited Nigeria.

Oh....so you'll buy me soup and not him?
Or buy it for both of us?
Lol...oh I'm so confused undecided

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

You are right, it's exactly what you are thinking.i sent you a pm

I didn't get it.
Before u decide to be my "e"-friend...you do realize that I'm fully grown...and not a "sugar momma"...
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:32am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

I didn't get it.
Before u decide to be my "e"-friend...you do realize that I'm fully grown...and not a "sugar momma"...
Hahahahaha... fortunately, I'm diabetic. You didn't get the mail? Must be the Fates

19 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 2:33am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs, pls be careful of nigerians abroad. I have met some and they all turned out to be bad. Most of them appear to be humble, help them settle down and see how they will be forming boss for you.

There are some good nigerians though. Painfully, i made my decision not to move close to nigerians again even if i know you from house/nigeria
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:33am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

I didn't get it.
Fully grown? Like a septugenarian?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 2:34am On Nov 14, 2017
lionlee216:
BlowJobs, pls be careful of nigerians abroad. I have met some and they all turned out to be bad. Most of them appear to be humble, help them settle down and see how they will be forming boss for you.

There are some good nigerians though. Painfully, i made my decision not to move close to nigerians again even if i know you from house/nigeria
This is really strong.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Smartralph26: 2:44am On Nov 14, 2017
Infact I really enjoyed reading this thread. Hope blow jobs and lady k are married now. Cheers
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

Fully grown? Like a septugenarian?

LOL....
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:57am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

Hahahahaha... fortunately, I'm diabetic. You didn't get the mail? Must be the Fates

Lol....indeed u have a sense of humor my friend.
I ended up getting the mail.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 6:50am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

This is really strong.

It wasn't my fault. I learnt the hard way
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by FuckYaAll: 6:51am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

i still dey consider am before people go think say i be millionaire. Na hustle we dey for here o. But i dey always think am, if no be condition for naija, how much be 10$ wey person no fit dash another?. My country people no spoil reach like that nah. I see the good in everyone no matter what. Make we see how December go be. If my hours steady at this rate, I, personally go do small xmas for Nairaland people everyone go get at least 1000/1500 airtime each.

Error4040 na my surest padi for here, na my number 1 cheerleader. wink
Weldone bros
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TUBLEZ(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2017
Blowjobs which state are u in?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:

Lol....indeed u have a sense of humor my friend.
I ended up getting the mail.
Unfortunately, I didn't get your reply
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2017
MsNgo40:
TheManoftheYear,
Have u been to the U.S. before...cause u seem to be a little knowledgeable?
Also need to go...for a bit...but will be back soon.
Yes I've been in the US before..

My spirit and soul has been there. Remaining my body grin

22 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 7:27am On Nov 14, 2017
bolakale30:

Bia, nwokem, take your time o. What's that
No vex bro .. na joke
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bolakale30(m): 8:01am On Nov 14, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
No vex bro .. na joke
Na joke me sef dey

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 14, 2017
BlowJobs:

Its okay. grin. Majority of people gets skeptical if one is dating a foreigner specifically American. Everyone starts thinking its all about the green card. This has nothing to do with green card when it started. However, green card became an added advantage to the relationship grin. When all these is over, we are going to naija to get her nigerian passport (as another advantage of the relationship grin).

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people marry for papers, I'm not disputing that. However, if only what i can show for living here is jist having papers, i have failed. Paper is nothing if all other aspect of my life is zero.
BJ, how much will it cost me in total to apply for a first degree in the science field in any state in the USA (school fees, house rent and visa processing fees inclusive)
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2017
lionlee216:

They did not betray you, just that they were forming boss.
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 8:11am On Nov 14, 2017
Good thread and nice guesture! Blowjobs I wish you all the very best, but for others wishing to come here by all means, I know naija is hard and all that, but atleast try to come in with a student visa route if you really want to have a soft landing and enjoy your American dream! Tuition can be waived if you got in with teaching or graduate assistantship or scholarship of some kinds. American schools do grant assistantship to good students. Coming in with b1/b2 for a hustler is really harsh. You can’t even open a bank account or get credit cards, drivers license/SSN card/StateID, car loans and all sort of things which are accessible to student visa holders. Secondly, you can only do what we call “under the table” jobs to pay your bills. Don’t expect anyone to accommodate you for free. Nah, that don’t happen here. Blowjobs is just one out of million kind of lucky. I have been here as a student for a while and seeing how Nigerians with b1/b2 struggle to survive is not fun. Whatever anyone tells you is all sugarcoating. You will STRUGGLE for real! The class of visa you came in through will determine your standing.
#Omoluabi

38 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 8:14am On Nov 14, 2017
SireHamlet:

BJ, how much will it cost me in total to apply for a first degree in the science field in any state in the USA (school fees, house rent and visa processing fees inclusive)

School fees depends on your program of study, rents depends on the part of the country and visa processing is one hell of a hurdle by writing qualifying exams and transcripts evaluation together with schools application fees, but it will be worth it if you end up getting a student visa. Let’s say student visas is almost like half citizenship because you have access to most of what citizens has access to, but not all until you graduate from college and you will get even more opportunities with work authorization permits

#omoluabi

10 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2017
omoluabiguy:

School fees depends on your program of study, rents depends on the part of the country and visa processing is one hell of a hurdle by writing qualifying exams and transcripts evaluation together with schools application fees, but it will be worth it if you end up getting a student visa. Let’s say student visas is almost like half citizenship because you have access to most of what citizens has access to, but not all until you graduate from college and you will get even more opportunities with work authorization permits

#omoluabi
Thanks bro.
But for someone that has WAEC result with nice grades i English and Mathematics, which other exams are required?
And please, what should be my budget (in figures)

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2017
SireHamlet:

Thanks bro.
But for someone that has WAEC result with nice grades i English and Mathematics, which other exams are required?
And please, what should be my budget (in figures)

With good waec result, you should write SAT/TOEFL exams which are not that difficult compared to GRE (for masters/phd applicants). If you do good with SAT, you have 95% of getting a full ride scholarship. The only budget you would need is flight ticket and the money to travel with. SAT shouldn’t be that cost about 60k naira or so.

#omoluabi

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Rousel(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=omoluabiguy post=62359541]

With good waec result, you should write SAT/TOEFL exams which are not that difficult compared to GRE (for masters/phd applicants). If you do good with SAT, you have 95% of getting a full ride scholarship. The only budget you would need is flight ticket and the money to travel with. SAT shouldn’t be that cost about 60k naira or so.

BJ your story na testimony when everyone dey pray to share Weldon!!!Omoluabiguy thanks for the insight, not to derail the thread I sent you a pm. thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 9:15am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=Rousel post=62360088][/quote]

You can always ask your questions here as I lost access to the email I used in opening this account. Yahoo wants me to verify by my naija phone number when I tried logging in from here so....

#omoluabi
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Rousel(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=omoluabiguy post=62360404]

You can always ask your questions here as I lost access to the email I used in opening this account. Yahoo wants me to verify by my naija phone number when I tried logging in from here so....

#omoluabi
Aiit.... can you help review my SOP?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 14, 2017
D[/quote]
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 14, 2017
Owols:
hi, i tried to send you mail. Send me a mail

Mail? I'm not the OP
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=Rousel post=62361430][/quote]

I am so tied up with school and work right now and I can’t promise I’ll open it until I get less busy. Hopefully it’s not an urgent issue and you can wait...

#omoluabi
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2017
We all forgive you Ngo baby (for poke-nosing, lol).
We love you from afar.
You are one of us.
I'm female by the way. Married with children, i do not have a plan to live in American for now, maybe in the next 20 years, lol.
I've got alot going on right now, we could be friends.
Cheers.
MsNgo40:

You are absolutely correct about the weather in the New England states...aside from Alaska...and perhaps Chicago, IL....u are living in some seriously cold weather....for winter season.
My hat's off to u....cause that weather is a beast.
I'm sorry for misjudging u...by the way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.