Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce (39562 Views)

$111m Port Harcourt Airport Yet To Become Operational 2 Months After Commissioni / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) / Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by willibounce1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
why telling us rubbish. don't they know the contractor? they should go and arrest them and why didn't they order that the containers be opened immediately in their presence to see what's inside. useless senators.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by egopersonified(f): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Corruption would not make me kick start my second business idea.
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by juman(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
Metrobaba:
Korruption Has Eaten Deep Into Our System.

This Nation Is Dead!!

nigeria is a dead country.

Even azikiwe jonathan and his gang could not do their projects well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by naijalo: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2017

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by JoNach: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2017
madridguy:
Someone should please help me with USA visa I need to pick up something in Washington DC shocked

You can't run oo!! Jst stay and wait for the change you hoped on and supported, I'll pick it up for you here in the US and send it to u, send me ur address and whr to pick up dinner item , I'll take care of d courier bill
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by madridguy(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
To start with, are you in the US?

JoNach:

You can't run oo!! Jst stay and wait for the change you hoped on and supported, I'll pick it up for you here in the US and send it to u, send me ur address and whr to pick up dinner item , I'll take care of d courier bill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by JoNach: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2017
madridguy:
To start with, are you in the US?

Yep. New jersey to be precise
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by madridguy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
My package is in Pennsylvania. Can you pick it up for me? I mean in person and not via courier tongue

JoNach:

Yep. New jersey to be precise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by JoNach: 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
madridguy:
My package is in Pennsylvania. Can you pick it up for me? I mean in person and not via courier tongue

Lol, 4hrs journey

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by ehissi(m): 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
Spylord48:
Stella Odua comes to mind.Billion was spent just to rehabilitate this airport instead of awarding the contract to a good firm,they awarded it to themselves and their cronies.They went there and poured condemn oil ontop of sand claiming that enugu airport is now a world class airport.
Yet the crook that was in charge is Now in Senate shamelessly shouting yey and Na.
I wonder why Ben Bruce won't call her and ask her questions or must he rant on twitter?
He should use his position as a Senator and ask questions or is he too shy to talk in the Senate chambers?

Airport that was renovated in 2010 by Jonathan Administration so are you expecting him to come and renovate it for you in 2017 .

Na waoooh!
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Tonalphs(f): 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2017
Ben Bruce maybe right. But he should please focus on his state n village akassa. There's no light nor road to his village n neither is there an airport in his state. Wat a shame. He should remove the log in his eyes first. Plus I'm from bayelsa so I know better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Spylord48: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
ehissi:

Airport that was renovated in 2010 by Jonathan Administration so are you expecting him to come and renovate it for you in 2017 .

Na waoooh!

So you are saying that our airport should be renovated every 7years?
I know that the runway of an airport can last for years if it is constructed well or are we talking of building? Some houses built in 1800 are still existing now yet I wonder why a renovated airport building will start falling off and leaking within 7years.
Guy fear God Na. Sometimes U have to leave politics aside when discussing some issues. 100B was spent on this project yet it didn't even last for a year.from patching this week to sand filling next week.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by ipobbigot7: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2017
Spylord48:
Stella Odua comes to mind.Billion was spent just to rehabilitate this airport instead of awarding the contract to a good firm,they awarded it to themselves and their cronies.They went there and poured condemn oil ontop of sand claiming that enugu airport is now a world class airport.
Yet the crook that was in charge is Now in Senate shamelessly shouting yey and Na.
I wonder why Ben Bruce won't call her and ask her questions or must he rant on twitter?
He should use his position as a Senator and ask iquestions or is he too shy to talk in the Senate chambers?

I remember this is one of the project claimed to be Jonathan achievement.

Jonathan is a scam.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by vioment: 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
This one na airport abi na warehouse. Nigerians and trust be like oil and water.
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by DJperdurabo: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
justscorchone:
Loud mouth senator shey your state get airport?always yapping your mouth on things that don't concern you or the ijaw nation.funny how you and that mumu freeze take resemble.is it just that lightskin people don't have sense nii?

Wonder why you're yet to get a "like"?

Read your post again!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by deji17: 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
Spylord48:

So you are saying that our airport should be renovated every 7years?
I know that the runway of an airport can last for years if it is constructed well or are we talking of building? Some houses built in 1800 are still existing now yet I wonder why a renovated airport building will start falling off and leaking within 7years.
Guy fear God Na. Sometimes U have to leave politics aside when discussing some issues. 100B was spent on this project yet it didn't even last for a year.from patching this week to sand filling next week.

The guy is a liar. Jonathan only commissioned the Project in 2013. That is 4 years ago, not 7 years..

https://www.channelstv.com/2013/05/18/jonathan-visits-enugu-state-for-commissioning-of-enugu-airport/

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Samscoz(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2017
Enugu airport is not the only one in bad shape.Port Harcourt airport is even worst.no air condition working, it looks like an uncompleted building.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by deji17: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Samscoz:
Enugu airport is not the only one in bad shape.Port Harcourt airport is even worst.no air condition working, it looks like an uncompleted building.

You mean all that transformation agenda na wash?

See Portharcourt Airport here (International Wing).... This is the same Airport Jonadunce prepared for himself

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
What a useless and hopeless country. How can these people go to sleep at night? They are devoid of conscience and the thing I find very disconcerting is that these IDIOTS would travel abroad and enjoy all the basic necessities available in their host country. But their greed and lack of vision and foresight prevent them from providing such in their own country.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Rhea(f): 12:01am On Oct 27, 2017
Metrobaba:
Korruption Has Eaten Deep Into Our System.

This Nation Is Dead!!

It was dead a long time ago. We are now in zombie mode. The walking dead cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by Rhea(f): 12:12am On Oct 27, 2017
naptu2:
Ben Bruce took to Twitter to complain about the state of the airport.

https://mobile.twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/923527905321390080

In North Korea, there would be many heads rolling for this. Stella Odua, Governor Sam Ortom, Saleh Dunoma and many senators today

Akanu Ibiam Airport’s international terminal will be ready in eight months – FAAN
http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/12/akanu-ibiam-airports-international-terminal-will-be-ready-in-eight-months-faan/

FAAN’s Managing Director, Saleh Dunoma, linked to multi million Naira scam
http://www.infinitylive.com.ng/faans-managing-director-saleh-dunoma-linked-to-multi-million-naira-scam/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/229262-buhari-confirms-saleh-dunoma-md-faan.html
Buhari confirms Saleh Dunoma as MD of FAAN
The Federal Government of Nigeria has confirmed Saleh Dunoma as the Managing Director of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria.
The appointment was ratified by the presidency in a statement released on Thursday. A recipient of the highly coveted National Productivity Order of Merit Award, NPOM, Mr. Saleh had contributed immensely to the growth and development of aviation in Nigeria and beyond. Prior to his appointment as the MD, he was the director in charge of projects in the authority and his wealth of experience was very instrumental to the success of the Airport Remodelling project of the Federal Government, under which all 22 airports being managed by FAAN were remodelled, according to existing international standards. He is currently the African Regional President of Airport Council International (ACI), a body overseeing the safety and security of airports globally. Mr. Dunoma is the first Nigerian so elected to occupy the office.

https://www.naij.com/63914.html
A terminal at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu will be ready by September 2015, the Supervising Minister of Aviation, Dr Samuel Ortom, declared. He stated this after inspecting ongoing construction works of the N11.6 billion project at the airport on April 7, 2014, Monday. Ortom, who is also the Minister of State for Trade and Investment, said he was impressed by the level of work done at the site said by the assurance given to him by the contractors, China Civil Engineering company, the terminal will be ready by September 2015. The engineers handling the project promised the minister and his entourage that going by the speed they are going, they would do everything within their power and resources ensure the completion of the project on schedule. The Supervising Minister of Aviation also pointed out that over 400 Nigerians have been given jobs for this terminal project alone. He also inspected the remodelled old terminal, the pilgrims’ terminal, the pilots’ lodge and the general aviation building, all within the airport. It would be recalled that Ortom took over from the immediate past Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah, on February 18, 2014. The embattled ex- minister had a 5-hour-long ‘talk’ at the EFCC on April 2, 2014. She is expected to face more interrogation by EFCC soon. Read more: https://www.naij.com/63914.html
Re: Enugu Airport A "Disgraceful Airport", "Yet Contractor Paid In Full" - Ben Bruce by naptu2: 5:57am On Oct 27, 2017
Samscoz:

deji17:

You mean all that transformation agenda na wash?

See Portharcourt Airport here (International Wing).... This is the same Airport Jonadunce prepared for himself

Senate Committe on Aviation Inspects Port-Harcourt Airport.

https://www.nairaland.com/4141073/senate-committe-aviation-inspects-port-harcourt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians In Cambodia Spraying Wads Of Cash On Their Friend / Crashed Bell Helicopter Declared Non-Airworthy 3 Years Ago, Owners Tricked NCAA / Vehicle With Passengers Still Inside River 5 Days After Accident In Delta. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.