Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln (919 Views)

Ajaokuta Steel To Gulp $1.5 Billion, Gets 2022 Completion Date / Hassan Bello: Ibadan Dry Port To Gulp N35.7bn / Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Desyner: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
[b]The proposed M. K. O Abiola International Airport in Ido-Osun, Osun, will cost N69 billion under a concession arrangement with an indigenous company, AWOL International, an official has said.

Mr Niyi Ogundiran, the Director of Public Building in Osun State Ministry of Works, gave the figure at a meeting with members of the state Assembly in Osogbo on Thursday.

Ogundiran said that the concession arrangement would last for 30 years before the permanent transfer of ownership to the state government.

Advertisement

He said that the contract was first awarded on Oct. 14, 2012, at the cost of N 4.5 billion, noting that the project was to be completed within eight months by the government and not under concession arrangement.

Ogundiran said that the contract was later reviewed to gulp N11 billion to be able to accommodate more features.

He said the state government had spent N3.6 billion on the project before the concession arrangement, adding that the N3.6 billion would be deducted from the N69 billion contract sum.

Mr Nurudeen Adeagbo, Permanent Secretary in the ministry, said that the concession arrangement would be to the advantage of the state.

He expressed the hope that the company would deliver a perfect job.

In his remarks, the Deputy Speaker of the Assembly, Mr Adegboye Akintunde, urged all those in charge of the project to ensure its success.

Akintunde said that Osun people were watching with keen interest to know the outcome of the arrangement.

Mr Tunde, the Chairman of the House Committee on Commerce, Co-operatives, and Industries, said that the airport project was a huge investment and must be handled carefully.[/b]

http://independent.ng/proposed-mko-abiola-intl-airport-osun-gulp-n69bln/

Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Spylord48: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
#69b?
Aregbe should stop abeg. Osun don't have any need for airport yet.
This one is a,real white elephant project

Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by MyNewJackeT: 2:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
chei Osun don die finally grin
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Desyner: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2017
Spylord48:
#69b?
Aregbe should stop abeg. Osun don't have any need for airport yet.
This one is a,real white elephant project
I go with you here. Why embark on a phantom project. Osun can't pay teachers and yet is trying to build airport. Who told Aregbe investors need airport more than power, industrial estates, security and support ?
@deomelo/mapet, what do you have to say about this beautiful project that's billed to cost Osun over almost N70B ?
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 28, 2017
70b naira is a whole lot of money!!!!......let them invest on better infrastructure in the state like pipe-borne water n good intra-city road among others. Osun state does not need a local airport talkless of int'l. Let them revive the Ibadan airport jare, it will serve Osun state. 70b loun loun for a needless airport.rubbish!
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Desyner: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
shervydman:
70b naira is a whole lot of money!!!!......let them invest on better infrastructure in the state like pipe-borne water n good intra-city road among others. Osun state does not need a local airport talkless of int'l. Let them revive the Ibadan airport jare, it will serve Osun state. 70b loun loun for a needless airport.rubbish!
I strongly suspect someone wants to use this project to siphon money. A state that's owing.
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2017
Desyner:
I strongly suspect someone wants to use this project to siphon money. A state that's owing.
I guess so, my guy.....imagine, it was 4.5b before and d govt has miraculously paid 3.6b, then 11b, and all of a sudden 69b. and d govt will still deduct the already spent 3.6b from the concessioned project. I smell foul play too.
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Desyner: 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
shervydman:

I guess so, my guy.....imagine, it was 4.5b before and d govt has miraculously paid 3.6b, then 11b, and all of a sudden 69b. and d govt will still deduct the already spent 3.6b from the concessioned project. I smell foul play too.
The state can't pay salaries and the governor is aggressively propagating the projects completed. I suspect he is doing that to lay a solid foundation for the looting ahead.
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
Desyner:
The state can't pay salaries and the governor is aggressively propagating the projects completed. I suspect he is doing that to lay a solid foundation for the looting ahead.
U're a wise man. That's exactly what's about to happen.
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by NigerDeltan(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
Tinubu share go reach 15bn out of that money

I like Ondo people, they never vote any candidate supported by Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by mapet: 8:10am On Oct 30, 2017
Can I safely conclude that the term "concession" is alien to you all?
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by Dasini: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2017
Am not supporting anyone, but i think it is clearly stated there, that the project has been concessioned, otherwise known as PPP or BOT agreement, it is not to be financed by Osun govt, this was how MMA2 was Birthed. i feel, if it is so, then i see no reason to stop the project nor condemn it.
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by mapet: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
Dasini:
Am not supporting anyone, but i think it is clearly stated there, that the project has been concessioned, otherwise known as PPP or BOT agreement, it is not to be financed by Osun govt, this was how MMA2 was Birthed. i feel, if it is so, then i see no reason to stop the project nor condemn it.

Bros,

I weep for people of my generation, I mean how can something be so obviously stated in the report and these people went so off tangent. Don't you see that comprehension has become rocket science for some people
Re: Proposed MKO Abiola Int’l Airport In Osun To Gulp N69bln by shaddoww: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2017
We really need to do something abt our education system ooooo. Wen dey clearly wrote it there dat d project will be financed by d company based on a "Build Operate and Transfer" agreement. This is d same system being used in MM2. If u guys av accused d governor of concessioning it to his friends now, it's different. And even if he does dat, did any of his enemies bring such a proposal to him dat he rejected?

(1) (Reply)

New SGF Acts As Peace-maker As Oyo-ita Angrily Confronts Buhari's Cos Abba Kyari / ANAMBRA: PDP And APC Deputy Candidates Show Off After Church Service / Osinbajo Not A Pastor – Omokri Explodes Over Vp’s Claims Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.