Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched (16984 Views)

FG To Flood Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta With Security Personnel / Navy To Start Operation ‘octopus Grip’ In Bayelsa, Delta / N/delta Set To Boil As Leaders Join Militants, Threaten To Stall Peace Processif (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by aminulive: 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
The Flag Officer Commanding,(FOC), Central Naval Command, (CNC), Rear Adm. Bello Al-hassan, said the command would soon commence riverine and sea exercises, code-named “Octopusgrip,’’ in Bayelsa and Delta, PoliticsNGR has learned.

Al-hassan, who said this on Thursday while addressing a news conference in Yenagoa, said that the exercise was expected to last from Oct. 30 to Nov. 1. The FOC said the command was tasked with the responsibility of security of the waterways by providing adequate security within the command’s area of responsibility.

He said the command in Jan. launched “Operation Rivers Sweep.’’ “So far, the operation has recorded huge success in reducing crude oil theft, pipeline vandalism and other maritime crimes. “Between May and Sept. this year, the command seized and destroyed about 870,000 MT of illegally refined crude oil. “Also, over 400 illegal refineries were destroyed, including 85 boats used by oil thieves,’’ he said.

The flag officer said the aim of the planned exercise was also to assess the operational readiness of CNC fleet and to test the practical skills of its personnel in tackling maritime threats. He said the Navy was providing an environment that would enable sustenance of economic activities, including Oil and Gas production, safety of shipping and other activities at sea. Al-hassan said seven ships and 37 riverine boats would be involved in the operation of the high sea exercise.

https://politicsngr.com/2017/10/26/navy-launch-operation-octopus-grip-bayelsa/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by mrbillz(m): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2017
Smile!

After this, na Operation "Shark bite"... grin

NA initiated operation Crocodile Smile and Python Dance

I'm sure the NPF will follow suit. Probably theirs could be tagged Operation "Lion Roar" grin

Waiting for NPF and NSCDC cheesy

124 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by KendrickAyomide: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wetin we no go hear for this country.. but who octopus grip na die sha grin grin grin grin

42 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by R0ckefeller: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2017
hahahahah operation octopus grip very soon we would hear operation snake bite

13 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by agadaone1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
Na Vulture dance remains... Airforce were una dey

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by FarahAideed: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
In 1984 when Buhari overthrew Shagari out of the Blues he ordered an unnecessary military exercise in the Niger Delta called Operation Sea Dog which achieved nothing but increase the price of fish and production cost of crude oil then heightened tension needlessly in the then peaceful and sleepy Niger Delta , that unnecessary operation would mark the destablization of peace in the Niger delta for the first time since the Adaka Boro Revolution ...Today Buhari is going from region to region outside the north ordering needless military exercises tailored after the 80s disaster called operation Sea Dog in a bid to achieve some sinister plan he wasnt able to achieve in 1984 thanks to Babangida and Abacha rhat ousted the demon

79 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by VoltageDivida(m): 5:36pm On Oct 26, 2017
Must they use animal names??

6 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by hakimi1974(m): 5:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
mrbillz:
Smile!

I'm sure the NPF will follow suit. Probably theirs could be tagged Operation "Lion Roar" grin

lion roar? police own go be operation lion roja.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by igbeke: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nigeria has really gone to terrorists

6 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by adeniyi55: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
Watch out for operation sports grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by letusbepieces: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nigeria? wat is dat, a country or a zoo?

6 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by Chidexsco8448(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by timilehin007(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Something like operation Ant bitten...mtchewwwww yeye dey saint

1 Like

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by Daviddson(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by ohosi4real(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Good idea but ....... I no dey here
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by Touchey: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
mrbillz:
Smile!

Nah fam
I bet the NPF would be Operation Wallet Grip

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by chiscodedon(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2017

He said the command in Jan. launched “Operation Rivers Sweep.’’ “So far, the operation has recorded huge success in reducing crude oil theft, pipeline vandalism and other maritime crimes. “

LOL, fish brains, even I don't know if it is after there useless operation that kidnapping resurfaced. Can you count how foreigners that have been kidnapped since then?
In fact with which aircraft? The one borrowed from parkistan that has been bundled back?
Stop eye service and do your work

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by lonelydora: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
They should have used 'Octopus Paul' nah.

The lady on white top is beautiful. I wish i can look for her trouble, so she can drill me. grin

4 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by HugeDan(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
with borrowed ships from Gabon grin

4 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by fxjunkie(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2017

19 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by KKKWHITE(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Different operation and nothing is working out

1 Like

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by frankwells(f): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
kk
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by hezy4real01(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
No be to lunch alone.... Na to enter inside to Creeks lol

1 Like

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by cashlurd(m): 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
So after python dance by the army, it's now Octopusgrip by the navy. We are awaiting the name the Air Force would call their own operation

7 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by johnshagb(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Code name of life
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by CASTOSVILLA(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
mrbillz:
Smile!

Na operation "Talk True"
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by maxiuc(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
:DHR
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by felixomor: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Cluelessness

2 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by stanisbaratheon: 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2017
Archaic military code names. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by DTalented(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
see them. Next will be ''Operation Jonah's Fish''
Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by Tittusstar22(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
I have blogs for sale now
1. www.fortuneworldnews..com 2. www.hilltrends..com 3. www.jive24..com 4. www.realitypilot..com CONTACT ME ON FACEBOOK - www.facebook.com/titusrapuluchukwu.rapuluchukwu (3K EACH] ...
I can create a nice one for you message me on
facebook let talk @ www.facebook.com/titusrapuluchukwu.rapuluchukwu
Re: Navy's 'Operation Octopus Grip' In Bayelsa, Delta Set To Be Launched by asawanathegreat(m): 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2017
Launcher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan On Cnn Talk Asia Right Now / EFCC Files Fresh 50 Counts Of Fraud Against Fmr Gov. Of Bayelsa Sylva / Obasanjo Is Helping Nigeria Secure Its Future - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.