Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. (10561 Views)

Borno Leads Ebonyi On NBS Ranking Of States IGR Of 2019 / Has Tinubu Ever Governed Any Of The SE States? / Ogun State IGR Is Higher Than The IGR Of The Entire Southeast States--obidigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by EternalTruths: 5:54am On Oct 28, 2017
Diiet:
South east is the most backward region in Nigeria after war torn North east =fact.

They develop everywhere except their region.

Yet you guys cry everyday against the rise of Biafra.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kn23h(m): 5:56am On Oct 28, 2017
EternalTruths:

The numerous Mud houses in SW told us.

1 Like

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by mogentle(m): 5:57am On Oct 28, 2017
And how has Ogun State proved that it has higher IGR? Come to Ogun State and see trailer load of abandoned projects. The street roads have not experienced a touch since exit of former govt. Ask Ogun indigenes of how many projects has been commissioned in their area? Since the commencement of second term of this govnor, it is as if there's no government. Local governments are dead as butchered cow, they can't even repair a single road. Don't judge Ogun State by what you see in Abeokuta because that s the only place where allocation is being spent on useless projects . He keeps working on federal roads (and latet abandonned)of which the money spent will be refunded while the street roads are in shambles.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 7:03am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Lol! I know right. The richest people in Africa but still carries cocaine internationally, gets caught stealing simple bag of rice etc.

They have the most millionaires/billionaires in their tribe but still they don’t show up on Forbes.
They run from their region to survive and “make it”.

Nigga go and siddon.
We are not talking about legal or illegal wealth here. We are talking about how people put food on their table three time-a-day.
A community can boost of the richest man in the world and there might still be hungry people in the community. Compared to another community where there is no top 100 richest man in the world and still yet, everyone are financially stable.

9 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 7:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Diiet:
South east is the most backward region in Nigeria after war torn North east =fact.

Clap for yourself.
After north east? No no, North east is 100 times developed than south east.
Are you satisfied?

Remove Lagos, can the five south west state compete with South eastern state in all ramification?
Education?
Individual wealth?
Civilize minds?
federal projects?
brown roofs houses?

what is ur definition of "backward"?

12 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by UfuomaUN(m): 8:10am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Does Oyo tax better than all SE states?
Why didn't you bring this up about 5 years ago when anambla's IGR was greater than Oyo's own?
The fact I didn't bring this up 5 years ago doesn't make my argument any less valid. In most states in Nigeria, the taxing system is poor. Infact only civil servants and formal salary earners are properly taxed. A state like Anambra for instance where most of the people make their money from the informal sector would have a low IGR and appear to be retrogressive on paper cos most of the people their simply don't pay tax! They hide everything from the govt. So using IGR to judge wealth is bullshit! Why don't we compare Nigeria to other African countries in terms of IGR?

For me, it's more appropriate to use GDP.
And in a country like Nigeria were records are hardly even taken seriously, even GDP calculations could be misleading

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by UfuomaUN(m): 8:24am On Oct 28, 2017
mogentle:
And how has Ogun State proved that it has higher IGR? Come to Ogun State and see trailer load of abandoned projects. The street roads have not experienced a touch since exit of former govt. Ask Ogun indigenes of how many projects has been commissioned in their area? Since the commencement of second term of this govnor, it is as if there's no government. Local governments are dead as butchered cow, they can't even repair a single road. Don't judge Ogun State by what you see in Abeokuta because that s the only place where allocation is being spent on useless projects . He keeps working on federal roads (and latet abandonned)of which the money spent will be refunded while the street roads are in shambles.

Exactly, I wonder why the gov will spend a lot of money on building fancy bridges in Abeokuta when roads in more congested parts of the state like Akute, Agbado are in deplorable conditions Most of the bridges judging what I see anytime I drive past are "show off" projects. I wonder if the votes from Abeokuta will be sufficient to win him the next elections

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by loveth360(f): 8:28am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Is that your excuse?

And who told you Igbo's individual wealth is higher than that of a Yoruba man?

I'm not here to read lies today, prove your stance.
and yet you can kill to be with them,why not support them to go and die in hunger.

10 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Michael004: 8:30am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
Drogbs:
Lol this people and low self esteem, when their lies are served back to them hot, they rush from pillar to post opening useless threads just to wax their weak egos and flood their rants with likes... Seeking false validation, and of course naira land is their viable tool for propaganda... we are all aware of the old but popular cliche that when a man begins to brag about how big his manhood is, or how good in bed he is... chances are he is just another insecure one minute man with a d**k for peanuts... that aptly describes these tiger claw faced people with inferiority complex...d**k measuring contest- a reinforced attempt to mask a deep sense of certain low self esteem(fundamentals to psychology 101)... They revel on paper statistics and false Igr figures and indices, when those who know the obtainable are reality on ground can attest to these wild claims they shamelessly peddle around, we all know the only face saving state in the SW is Lagos, and this is only because it only happens to be in the SW by chance.. or perhaps luck. The greater part of of why Lagos is what it is, is because other Nigerians made it what it is...coupled the huge budget allocation it receives from the federal coffers, foreign investments, and vantage location... The rest of the South west of Nigeria are just negligible slums, Ogun state by virtue of proximity to Lagos enjoys some measure of industrial touch(not necessarily due to awesome governance or Yoruba "ingenuity"wink, which rather unrelatively haven't been seen on 3D or experienced in other SW states that are unfortunately far away from the nucleus of industrialization- Lagos,needless to say these other states like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo etc are just 60% uncivilzation with poor roads, lack of access to modern structures besides mud and clay houses, lack of any functional urban air... we all know the truth, so countless threads to rebuff this facts just further validate my earlier illustrative thesis... The man who brags about his d**k size...
[/s]When inferior people that can't withstand living in their own land speak. Very useless pathetic creature. Spit on this tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Michael004: 8:33am On Oct 28, 2017
Loadedzunne:

IGR and private/personal individual wealth, are they thesame?
Wealth wey we no see. Is that why you people are stingy even to your self. Your party is rubbish, all meat on guests food. I no wish for wealth by mouth.
Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Michael004: 8:40am On Oct 28, 2017
MyNewJackeT:
guys I just wonder why you guys keep shouting IGR but your governor can't pay salary not to talk of NYSC 5K but you keep coming here to shout IGR.

like I've never been to oshogbo before to see mud houses there.

IGR is not a measurement of wealth.

ogun state where people with no deformity beg for a living.

when i come out of a bank beggars crowd me and I'm like WTF
Name any of your region state that pays NYSC 1k

3 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Michael004: 8:48am On Oct 28, 2017
[s]
EternalTruths:

We Biafrans can only take this statistics serious when Yorubas stop speaking against the rise of Biafra.
[/s]Are you saying the yorubas are the only tribe that can give you go ahead hehehehehe. What a great tribe Yoruba is. Well, you igbo, must beg us tire for us to free you people. Your mouth must touch ground and you must sweat before we can free you. Continue the begging. We are busy right now.

3 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by MyNewJackeT: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2017
Michael004:
Name any of your region state that pays NYSC 1k

Even Ebonyi the poorest state in the east pays, although not every time but they try, No state in the West pays state allawee. I'm not talking about private I'm talking of corpers working with government.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

infact Osun and Ogun has not paid corpers since 2013

Michael 004 prove me wrong.

10 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by honourhim: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2017
Diiet:

Even Atiku disagrees with this your lies. Why do you people like to lie? Quite a shame

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by honourhim: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2017
UfuomaUN:

The fact I didn't bring this up 5 years ago doesn't make my argument any less valid. In most states in Nigeria, the taxing system is poor. Infact only civil servants and formal salary earners are properly taxed. A state like Anambra for instance where most of the people make their money from the informal sector would have a low IGR and appear to be retrogressive on paper cos most of the people their simply don't pay tax! They hide everything from the govt. So using IGR to judge wealth is bullshit! Why don't we compare Nigeria to other African countries in terms of IGR?

For me, it's more appropriate to use GDP.
And in a country like Nigeria were records are hardly even taken seriously, even GDP calculations could be misleading

Sometimes when these people boast of IGR i just marvel at their level of stupldlty.

IGR that politicians embezzle is what they are boasting about? Pathetic.

14 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by nwabobo: 9:51am On Oct 28, 2017
kn23h:

Is that your excuse?

And who told you Igbo's individual wealth is higher than that of a Yoruba man?

I'm not here to read lies today, prove your stance.

It is what it is boy.

3 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Alexus23: 10:19am On Oct 28, 2017
I have come to realise lately, that the Igbo tag drives traffic on nairaland, that is why every Tom, Dick, and Harry, even Pussies, wants to open a thread on Igbos. Fuvckers.

9 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Michael004: 11:05am On Oct 28, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

Even Ebonyi the poorest state in the east pays, although not every time but they try, No state in the West pays state allawee. I'm not talking about private I'm talking of corpers working with government.

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

Ebonyi, where my friend serving or is there another ebonyi in Togo? Cos it seems you really want to disgrace yourself by mentioning ebonyi. Ebonyi where my friend is serving at ishiagu in ivo local government? Hehehehehe. Abeg, no make me laugh too much abeg. Talk another one. That one is off sir.

5 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by es144000: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2017
deomelo:
This is very very sad... grin grin grin

With all the chest beating, the riches, the most industrious, the smartest and so on and so on, it's still poverty on top of poverty....

grin grin grin
what I always tell biafrans;they will suffer if they leave. If they are given 100percent of their oil revenue, it will not be more than 60b

1 Like

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Sammy07: 11:47am On Oct 28, 2017
Lolzz another facts
abeq, don't bring fresh facts for the igbos, they'll still be ignorant...
Let's keep this facts for future use..
and where is that anambra guy.
Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Desyner: 11:48am On Oct 28, 2017
UfuomaUN:
IGR this IGR that! IGR depends a lot on the efficiency of the state govts taxing system. Many states in Nigeria don't take taxing as seriously as Lagos for instance. The wealth of a state should is better judged by GDP or per capital wealth
IGR reveals how well the state govt performs and per capita GDP is more appropriate in measuring the welfare the citizens. The OP is comparing Ogun to SE but I think Ogun state can do twice as better as what it is currently doing.
To me it is all about the room for improvement, if there is any, then let's push the govt further.

6 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Sammy07: 11:49am On Oct 28, 2017
es144000:
what I always tell biafrans;they will suffer if they leave. If they are given 100percent of their oil revenue, it will not be more than 60b
I used to tell them too.

they can only produce palm oil , nothing grows on their erosion land, except palm oil

4 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by PenSniper: 11:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:
[s][/s]
you called it poverty, because 99% of their own generated resources were controlled by them(south east). No FG present.

You only reap where you sow.

Better go back to school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Sammy07: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:

Clap for yourself.
After north east? No no, North east is 100 times developed than south east.
Are you satisfied?

Remove Lagos, can the five south west state compete with South eastern state in all ramification?
Education?
Individual wealth?
Civilize minds?
federal projects?
brown roofs houses?

what is ur definition of "backward"?

yeah you are right, southwest is backward and your people are going their every day

if Lagos is backward will people be going their everyday...

go and sleep abeq
Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
Sammy07:

yeah you are right, southwest is backward and your people are going their every day

if Lagos is backward will people be going their everyday...

go and sleep abeq
I never said the south west in backward.
I only quoted the guy who said south east is backward like north east.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Macelliot(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
PenSniper:

Better go back to school.
Good advice. Will you pay my tuition fee?
Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by deomelo: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
MyNewJackeT:

QUOTE ME ANYWHERE

Eboyin and all your poverty stricken SE states except anambra that's not even paying full salary collected salary bail out from the FG so what is this joker talking about grin grin

These clueless ipob sef..

4 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by BabaRamota1980: 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
Drogbs:
Lol this people and low self esteem, when their lies are served back to them hot, they rush from pillar to post opening useless threads just to wax their weak egos and flood their rants with likes... Seeking false validation, and of course naira land is their viable tool for propaganda... we are all aware of the old but popular cliche that when a man begins to brag about how big his manhood is, or how good in bed he is... chances are he is just another insecure one minute man with a d**k for peanuts... that aptly describes these tiger claw faced people with inferiority complex...d**k measuring contest- a reinforced attempt to mask a deep sense of certain low self esteem(fundamentals to psychology 101)... They revel on paper statistics and false Igr figures and indices, when those who know the obtainable are reality on ground can attest to these wild claims they shamelessly peddle around, we all know the only face saving state in the SW is Lagos, and this is only because it only happens to be in the SW by chance.. or perhaps luck. The greater part of of why Lagos is what it is, is because other Nigerians made it what it is...coupled the huge budget allocation it receives from the federal coffers, foreign investments, and vantage location... The rest of the South west of Nigeria are just negligible slums, Ogun state by virtue of proximity to Lagos enjoys some measure of industrial touch(not necessarily due to awesome governance or Yoruba "ingenuity"wink, which rather unrelatively haven't been seen on 3D or experienced in other SW states that are unfortunately far away from the nucleus of industrialization- Lagos,needless to say these other states like Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo etc are just 60% uncivilzation with poor roads, lack of access to modern structures besides mud and clay houses, lack of any functional urban air... we all know the truth, so countless threads to rebuff this facts just further validate my earlier illustrative thesis... The man who brags about his d**k size...

You come from a region of destitutes and refugees to a land of milk and honey and safety. If it wasnt for magnanimity and kindness of Yoruba to rescue you and serve as surrogate over you, revive you, nurture you, many mote of you would have perished in a time of peace than the many millions that were casualties of war. We hold the key to your survival...one day we shall throw it into the bottom of lagoon and return you to your situation before, vulnerable, hungry, weak, submissive.

2 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by BabaRamota1980: 2:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Alexus23:
I have come to realise lately, that the Igbo tag drives traffic on nairaland, that is why every Tom, Dick, and Harry, even Pussies, wants to open a thread on Igbos. Fuvckers.

Everyone is drawn by clowns.
Igbos are clowns!

3 Likes

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
Propaganda can only sink your region, Ogun was bailed out twice by FG during recession, while,Anambra was buoyant, Ogun is still indebted to Anambra.
what was Ogun rate on poverty ratios that threaded yesterday?

Anambra doubled Ogun on cash deposits by states published by NBS which threaded few months ago.

Anambra is the fourth largest economy in Nigeria after Lagos, Rivers and Abuja.

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/cbn-releases-full-list-of-states-given-bailouts-plus-amounts-awarded/

CBN Releases Full List Of States Given Bailouts Plus Amounts Awarded

By Opeyemi Odu /

cbn governor emefiele

The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN said on Friday that 19 of the 36 states of the federation have so far benefitted from the workers’ salary bailout package.

The states that applied for and received various sums from the aid include Kwara, Zamfara, Osun, Niger, Bauchi, Gombe, Abia, Adamawa, Ondo, and Kebbi, the CBN states.

Others include Ekiti, Imo, Ebonyi, Ogun, Plateau, Nassarawa, Sokoto, Edo and Oyo which were granted their packages this week.

CBN spokesperson, Ibrahim Mu’azu, said the bailout, which was in line with the recent resolution by the National Economic Council, NEC, was to enable the affected states to pay the backlog of workers’ salary arrears.

The package has a 20-year repayment tenor for all states, except Ogun State, which opted for a 10 year tenor.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. by kolaaderin: 2:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Macelliot:

What is Human resources?
An average Igbo man beats a yoruba man hands down.

Statistic

YORUBA
Richest yoruba men
1) $500
2) $400
3) $350
4) $250
5) $150
poorest yoruba men
1) $0.1
2) $0.3
3) $0.5
4) $0.7
5) $0.9

HAUSAS.

Richest hausa men
1) $700
2) $250
3) $130
4) $40
5) $10
poorest hausa men
1) $0.01
2) $0.01
3) $0.01
4) $0.02
5) $0.02

IGBO

Richest igbo men
1) $395
2) $393
3) $386
4) $384
5) $381
poorest igbo men
1) $1.5
2) $1.5
3) $1.5
4) $1.5
5) $1.6

As an example between the average Hausa community where one man will be too rich while others are extremely poor, compared to the Igbo community where there is high competiton.

Rather for an Igbo man to leave a $700 for a single man to have it all while the other is poor, they rather share it $350-$350 (50/50). So none will be poor.

Chai funkeeeeee funkeeeoooo, Omo see figures dropping from space like astronomic substances. Those figures are surely not from this planet. Banana fall on you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: Shehu Sani Urges Nigerians To Vote Out PDP And APC / Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" / Maduka: Accord Party Chieftain Fires Soludo Over Fake Decamping New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.