Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180619 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by idu1(m): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2017
shallysgirl:
Lying ke?
What are you doing presently in Nigeria?
If you have a decent well paying job, don't try it.
I ll stay in nigeria if I have a job that can pay me 1.5m I'm a month.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 29, 2017
deariekay:
no

On point. They pay tax and enjoy what the money is being used for. Do you really understand what it means to have light alone? Nigerians need one tin first while other things follow. LIGHT. With that alone many problem solved.you earn N1m as a banker do you know how much goes on fuelling gen.suffering and smiling.hmmmmm how many people get the bank job tell me na,now that most organizations are closing down in Nigeria.it is only in Nigeria they will be asking a 23 years old graduate for 5 years experience.iranu.
light is the major problem really, also terrible roads!
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ernieboy(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2017
lazygal:

Itsxas if you are working for them if you look at It closely ,its more of slavery ..what I hate most is paying tax on my house That I bought withbmy own moneyv
are u aware there is something called property tax in Nigeria? it is just not enforced.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
Many ignorant people talking nonsense,they haven't even travel abroad before,life as a menial worker in the west/america is hard as hell compare to life as a menial worker in Nigeria,at least in Nigeria people have empathy to give you things if you are broke also i prefer to be a BAnk manger in naija than a menial worker in the west/america,but if i have opportunity to be a bank manger of a mid size or large bank in the west/america then i am a rare breed because,i will have access and exposure to many opportunities than the average citizen and be better off than a bank Ceo in Nigeria but to be frank this is very hard to do. Also dont get me wrong,A bank manger in nigeria has access to many opportunities in Africa especailly in the banking sector/economy.

Menial jobs in the west/europe is just pure savage,taxi drivers,waiters, dish washers,people that give advert on street,window cleaner and many others, (you know your selfsmiley) collects below minimum wage and most times depend on tips,life is hard,winter,summer,you are working,saving is hard to do because you spend as you receive,tax first,heater,gas,internet,electricity bills etc,you live life on the edge,no peace of mind,god forbid you are a illegal then that is red card.the day you lose your job is the beginning of homelessness,friends might even deny you existence when it comes to help.

let me not start with those that think they can do taxi jobs,you need a special licence,taxi jobs are competitive except you want to carry only Nigerians which is also competitive even uber in europe/america,you have to have a car that suits there requirement,life of a taxi driver in europe/america is just pure nonsense,i also prefer to be a uber driver in nigeria than in ameria/west.

for those working savage jobs ,taxi drivers and the rest converting to naija currency anytime they pay you,i guess it is inferiority complex/failure and because you have settled for less,so the best way to console your self is to convert and think you are better off than nigerians living in nigeria.

Naija can be tough,no rule of law,constant electricity or water but life in naija is easy,in europe,you might have free medical care everything free but you pay for them with your tax,once you stop paying tax,all those amenities are closed to you.in american it even worst,nothing is free in america,

And for those that think relocating or giving birth to their in america will provide your children a better life in the future,you will be disappointed to be welcome to the student loans /mortgage association after been in mortgage/studnt loan debt which you also have to be qualified to get one,you will then ask yourself in the future,does it worth it, then wake up to the reality that all your life has been in debt which will passed from generation to generation.

frankly speaking,i prefer giving birth to my children in europe,at least i will have access to free stuff like education and medical care even if poorsmiley

for quality of life which you have to pay for such as electricity,internet etc and as a professional,europe/america might be better but for real cash and future big and fat bank account without debt Nigeria is better.

I still prefer to be a menial worker,a bank manger in Nigeria than in Europe/America

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by shallysgirl: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
For me, the line of argument is leaving a decent job in Nigeria to go do odd jobs abroad.
Eg,a bank manager who lives in ikoyi in Nigeria,and lives the ikoyi standard of life won't be able to live that kind of life in the UK even on a salary of 3000pounds,starting from housing.
nnokwa042:
look at this people comparing Nigeria with america instead of grading Nigeria with countries likes of Burkina Faso Madagascar Burundi ,Nigeria a country every so called billionaire made his or her money from crude oil ,now compare a nurse in America with nurse in Nigeria then balance the equation,3 American billionaire are richer than all states in Nigeria put together,Nigerian minimum wage 18k which is 50 or 60 dollars, what re u people talking ? Nigerians that never even enjoy anything life can offer re grading thier country with Almighty america,let me put it this way we re living in America cus 70 % of what ve in this world is from them,don't tell me China cus if u drink coka cola or Pepsi in China or any where in this world Americans are making money just like google think

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by cooltola(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
No be so. You can save money up to $10000 if you earn $75000 a year in the US. It is called managing and not going beyond your boundaries . Same things go for Nigerian who earn N250000 a month I happen to see both advantages and disadvantages of Nigeria and US. If there were good paying jobs in Nigeria, i can promise many Nigerians will come back home. For me i cannot manage on living on N60000 a month.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by tope33(m): 11:10am On Oct 29, 2017
I've been looking for someone to say this. Even manager by grade don't earn 1.2m in Nigeria. Fake analysis.
wonlasewonimi:

There's a whole world of difference between a Manager level in a Bank and a Bank's branch Manager...seems you guys are confusing the two.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Olatara(f): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:
grin grin grin grin

Nice to see a thread where like minded Nigerians gathered together to lie to themselves.
What do u mean?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
You also sound educated to me but truth is very far from fiction. And the simple truth is that over 40 million Americans are on food stamp and millions don't have health insurance.
orobs93:

you just dey call banker how many people be banker for Nigeria

a country is measured by how her lower class citizen and taken care off you sound so educated but sorry you have the wrong education the value of life is what should come first it ain't easy anywhere I must say
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wasiudvd(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2017
It is foolish to compare America to Nigeria when it comes to standard of living.
What is the meaning of bank manager? Banks pay base on grade, if you like be ET and manage a bank, u earn as ET.
Very foolish post. You comparing someone that is managing a financial institution to someone doing menial jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by SIRTee15: 11:13am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Another liar. I am planning a second part of this post. Now quote me..An immigrant bank manager in America can't be compared to a bank manager here in Nigeria. Please note immigrant in quote. There is no high paying profession in Nigeria that someone doing same in America can be better off. Talking about immigrants and not first class citizens

U be clown I swear....
I thought u were serious b4....
I didn't know u are a troll....
It's like u never heard of the word brain drain....
If it's so bad, then why do professionals from third world stay put n continue their career progression overseas...
Even ur politicians are joining the trend...
One of ur minister's daughter just got a job in Google worth around 500 thousands dollars a year....
Akinyuli daughter sold one of her artwork for a million dollars.....
Sit down there n be consoling urself....
Instead of u to double ur hustle n ensure ur children get the best of both worlds...
There's nothing as having a rich n strong career abroad...
The exposure, the skill, depth is unparalleled n inestimable.......
Even if its a stint....
Do u think if ur finance minister had worked all her life with naija financial institution, she will ever attain that position...
Don't worry more of them are on the way....
Politician are already securing the future of their children along that line....
One just came from CDC to head a division in global health, Nigeria...
No interview was conducted, the job was handed over to her....
Mph from Harvard, epidemiologist working with CDC.
Case closed,....
other Nigerians who went to Abuja for the interview were told to go back home....
Go to Abuja n see what's happening....

11 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by BlowJobs: 11:14am On Oct 29, 2017
Chascop:

thanks for the clarification my brother..

Which syd you dey?

NH baba. This side dull oo, but wetin man go do?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 11:15am On Oct 29, 2017
seniorkachion:

I live in a suburban town 30 minutes drive from umuahia and l pay 7k for a newly built 2 bedroom flat. Front and back doors are both steel. Parlour 14x12,dinning 8x10,bedrooms 10x11,kitchen same,bathroom 7x6.8 aluminum windows ,front outside has German floor but no fence. I earn 60k,my wife 30k.

That is a typical village then, i came from Abia and any town 30mis away from umuahia is just a village You are paying too much even.

I thought you were going to tell me about Lagos Abuja or even umuahia township

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Hardfacts234(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2017
It all boils down to what u want.

If u are looking for comfort,social amenities and security of life go to America.

If u are on a good salary in Nigeria and u are interested in bank savings, landed properties etc then stay back home.

OP would have made a strong case if she is solely arguing that many Nigerians in America are not as rich and financial comfortable as being portrayed back home.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2017
BlowJobs:

NH baba. This side dull oo, but wetin man go do?
alright bro.. na small small.. we'll surely get there.
I dey LA
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by justwise(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Olatara:
What do u mean?

I'm referring to those agreeing with the op
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2017
Don't rest your case. Please answer me honestly- You really mean to tell me the richest Nigerian doctor is in America? The richest Nigerian lawyer is in the United States? The richest Nigerian businessman is in America? The richest Nigerian banker is in New York? You guys should stop arguing blindly. Maybe in areas of sports I will give it to you but that's all
MISTAICEY02288:

Lol... And thats why i said you ignorant. Lemme tell you this. If you still say in UK, i can still manage to agree with you a bit, cos things are tough in UK than America and they have higher taxes. I know of families that were kn the UK for years buh later had to relocate to America for better life.

You sayin theres no way an immigrant doing same higher payi profeseion with someone doing similar profession in Naija is totally outrageous. I am still saying it, most immigrants even doing menial jobs in America are better than some peoplethose doing higher paying jobs in Naija talk more those doing higher paying job in America too.

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Donsammi(m): 11:21am On Oct 29, 2017
fashrola:

You don't have to compare the state capital to Calabar nah.... The difference is very visible
Oops yeah
that's true..

tho to enjoy herr abj.
you gat to have your own house.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 11:22am On Oct 29, 2017
supersystemsnig:

I agree, so many Americans don't have up to $10,000 in their bank accounts that's a fact. But so many Nigerians don't have a saving at all, let's not even quote figures... grin
hahaha so true just like me.NA 1000 something wey dey there and NA bank own be that.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2017
Young man shut up your mouth! I am forced to cuss you out. CNN, Forbes and Fortune says you are broke! You don't have an opinion. 60% of Americans will be homeless within second if they delay their paycheck by 2 days. Go to new york and california and see homeless people everywhere. They say Americans are broke a Nigerian wants to make them rich...You have gone past your drug dosage.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2016-01-06

Badb0y4lyf:
Most of this people criticising america has never been there this is just hear say how much does a bank manger collect at best 500k to 1m which u can never compare to a take home and living standard of ordinary a truck driver in america 80k salary in nigeria. U forgot to remove transport and feeding that's 40k take home at best plus no time to rest.u guys shud chill america can never be compare to nigeria in all ramifications..

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by donniemc: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2017
BlowJobs:

Thank you for the mention bro

The Op of this thread has no idea how much you can make doing menial jobs here.
I do menial jobs currently(check my thread about adjusting status). I posted my last 2 weeks paycheck on my thread plus how much i make at my other job. In a week, i make at least 800USD. Multiply 800USD by 4, that is at least 3200USD in a month. Now convert that to Naira. grin grin grin. i don't need to lie to anyone. I work crazy Hours. Infact, i use to make more than that but since the end of the summer, things has slowed down in the restaurant where i work my main job. Thankfully, i work for a man now who pay 80$ cash per day and we work all day of the month, ALL DAY!!!...Do your calculation and see how much i make

Like i always say, NA WHO COME YANKEE KNOW WETIN DEY
Bros,
Am a programmer and i live in Abuja also i earn more than you every month....way more than that $3200USD. I have app on the Google play store that earn me lot of money. The best formula is to stay in Nigeria learn a skill that can help you earn foreign exchange right here in Nigeria!!.

I will advise anybody that wants to travel abroad to do menial jobs to just learn programming i.e making android apps, or start a Youtube channel....Just do something to earn foreign exchange here in Nigeria.

Your life will be bliss!!.

Also,
You will be helping Nigeria to earn foreign exchange. Lets all take advantage of the opportunities the Internet presents to us.
This is the 21st century you don't have to go to America to earn American dollars $$. you can stay here in Nigeria and make it BIG

God Bless Nigeria!!...and America too (specifically Google grin grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3tRyD5LCN0&t=583s

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by oyatz(m): 11:23am On Oct 29, 2017
Nigerians (like other illegal immigrants from 3rd world countries) may start with menial jobs for the first 1-5 years but they don't stay in that economic stratum for 20 years, they somehow learn to improve their conditions and climb the socioeconomic ladder.

timesup234:
sorry dude. It will take a Nigerian doing menial job in the US. twenty years to be able to complete a duplex. Unless they are involved in shady deals it is impossible. Even middle class Americans who make $57,000 annually cant save a thousand dollars monthly. When you get to America the hidden truth will ne revealed to you

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by moonraker(m): 11:24am On Oct 29, 2017
SIRTee15:

U be clown I swear....
I thought u were serious b4....
I didn't know u are a troll....
It's like u never heard of the word brain drain....
If it's so bad, then why do professionals from third world stay put n continue their career progression overseas...
Even ur politicians are joining the trend...
One of ur minister's daughter just got a job in Google worth around 500 thousands dollars a year....
Akinyuli daughter sold one of her artwork for a million dollars.....
Sit down there n be consoling urself....
Instead of u to double ur hustle n ensure ur children get the best of both worlds...
There's nothing as having a rich n strong career abroad...
The exposure, the skill, depth is unparalleled n inestimable.......
Even if its a stint....
Do u think if ur finance minister had worked all her life with naija financial institution, she will ever attain that position...
Don't worry more of them are on the way....
Politician are already securing the future of their children along that line....
One just came from CDC to head a division in global health, Nigeria...
No interview was conducted, the job was handed over to her....
Mph from Harvard, epidemiologist working with CDC.
Case closed,....
other Nigerians who went to Abuja for the interview were told to go back home....
Go to Abuja n see what's happening....

2 bottles of Moet for you there...

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by c064647491: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Even a senior RN with an annual salary of $75,000 in America can't be compared to a Bank Manager in Nigeria. Enough with their ridiculous joke!

You sound so pained!
And clueless too. Lol

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Donsammi(m): 11:24am On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:

That is a typical village then, i came from Abia and any town 30mis away from umuahia is just a village You are paying too much even.

I thought you were going to tell me about Lagos Abuja or even umuahia township

they even pay monthly.
here it's a year you gon pay at a stretch..

enjoyment.
life's easy at the states(abia) then
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 11:25am On Oct 29, 2017
fashrola:

In calabar you will definitely see a two bedroom flat for 250k at Marian, Etta-Agbor (Busy and highbrow areas)

not very standard one.or try satellite town
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2017
Own stocks? Funny dude who hears a word a run with it. Owning stocks is tied most times to your 401k. Now leave here this minute and go do a research on what the average American has in 401k. Whenever you see my comments just move on or you end up being disgraced like others.
ernieboy:

I taya for this guy, Americans would rather own stocks than have a huge pile of cash in the bank. most of them have investment managers for this purpose.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by richybanky(m): 11:26am On Oct 29, 2017
shallysgirl:
My own is that only a stupid bank manager will leave his job in Nigeria to go to America to do menial /odd jobs. I think that's the line of argument.
That's not d line of d argument, if u go through his post u will find out that he was comparing the life of bank managers having alot of investments and properties to someone doing a menial job in he states cus is easy to have investments etc in Nigeria compared to states, where he should have compare d life of someone doing a menial job in America with d one in Nigeria.. Then we will know which one is better..

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
calm down. In delta and benin city you can even get a three bedroom for that amount

In those aforementioned States, you can hardly find a job that pays 80k/month Sir. Majority of the jobs in Benin are teaching jobs that pays averagely 8000- 20k monthly

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by moonraker(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like the OP needs to double his hustle rather than open threads on here that doesnt add KOBO angry angry to his account.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Taofeekdboy(m): 11:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Please OP, ur bone of contention is wrong because u re comparing people doing menial jobs in the states with bank managers in Naija, their pay is different but to say the truth u can't compare life here in Naija with USA, it is far different. Look at our minimum salary 18k which is 60$ and in the states it is like a change for food at a go there.Let me tell u this also, you can't compare labour contract in Naija with other countries sef...even in Papua New Guinea, ordinary factory worker earn $18k annually which amount to 6.3m naira..so please don't compare the two together...u re comparing people who is using their certificates to work to people who just got employed on contracts and please change ur ideology...my one cent
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by bujebudanu1(m): 11:28am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
hahahahahah....The biggest liar of 2017!! You guys will make me drop dead! Do you know what it means to save $1million after working 40 yrs in America? Business men money you won convert give americans? Most of our politicians who once lived in america didn't make it there, most that have houses in ikoyi who once lived in america didn't make it there as well. They got connected back home soon as a friend or relative finds himself in the seat of power. Then of course those igbo boys who go to china for importation business. Guy no single yankee money for those places you mentioned unless those into big time fraud.

oga shut up.If u don't knw. u don't know. everbody isnot a politician. don't tell me thousands of Nigerians there are not successful.
come to think of it .the prayer in a average Nigeria home is to travel out

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.