Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,842 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180036 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (71) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Stress? I love it..I wish I had the money to sponsor you. Soon you will know America is the capital of depression. The stress in Lagos is child's play compare to what you will be witnessing soon.

Don't sponsor me. Will be in America soon what state r u ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2017
onatisi:

in fact ppl living in nigeria and surviving deserve an Olympic medal . that country na wa
they deserve 3 gold medals! incase the lose the first, and second one!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by MEILYN(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:
grin grin grin grin

Nice to see a thread where like minded Nigerians gathered together to lie to themselves.
Hahahah, funny stuff.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ensamy(m): 10:25am On Oct 29, 2017
That's it. Nigerians in America keep posting pictures on facebook comparing themselves with Nigerians in Nigeria, instead of them to compare themselves with Americans shocked shocked shocked.

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by orobs93(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
No single menial job is going to give you $3600 a month. That's what most people earn doing two or three jobs. The best you can get from a single menial job is probably $2,800 before tax. Brother you are still lost in the conversion illusion. With such amount you can't even afford a one bedroom apartment. You will need to share with a roommate. I guess the banker in Nigeria shared his three bedroom with 6 other persons?

you just dey call banker how many people be banker for Nigeria

a country is measured by how her lower class citizen and taken care off you sound so educated but sorry you have the wrong education the value of life is what should come first it ain't easy anywhere I must say

8 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Strongbest(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:
grin grin grin grin

Nice to see a thread where like minded Nigerians gathered together to lie to themselves.

Brutality 100%

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Young man just 20 people in the United States own as much wealth than half of all Americans. Americans are poor, broke and depressed. Go do your research and come back to me.
gnykelly:

If !5% of americans have $10,000 what is your opinion about the following statistics where 90% of bank deposit is owned by 2%
of depositors
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiX9Jj5uZXXAhXKI1AKHT-mCPkQFggnMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2016%2F06%2F2-nigerians-90-bank-deposits-ndic%2F&usg=AOvVaw3smpvBIfWv0xLHpkaUSYB0

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by bencarson007(m): 10:27am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
calm down. In delta and benin city you can even get a three bedroom for that amount

Which part of Benin you dey talk about ?
Na Ekosodin or Uwa or third or Erediuwa ?
And which side of warri you dey talk ?
Na Iyara or Ogedegbe or Ojabugbe or odion road or Okere market or estate or where exactly ?
And na wetin dem take build the houses you dey talk about ?
Na mud or stilts or raffia palm ?
Bros my ex-boss just paid a million naira on a 3bedroom flat at Ebenezer school junction at GRA Benin city....
Housing cost is no longer a joke .

And just to add... I rather suffer in the US than suffer in my so called father land!

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by biz8386: 10:27am On Oct 29, 2017
Let us ask ourself, in how many countries in the developed world can you make easy, plenty money and still save a lot like Nigeria? What we are enjoying today is because the system is not working. Let us put things right and see if many of us would cope. Let the be steady power supply, quality education and see if we won’t be forced to pay to enjoy those things. Also let there be checks and balances is every sector and you be amazed at what will happen in this country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Stress? I love it..I wish I had the money to sponsor you. Soon you will know America is the capital of depression. The stress in Lagos is child's play compare to what you will be witnessing soon.
Guy! just because it didn't work out for you in America perhaps, doesn't mean it's not working out for other people.

some people are depressed in the US some people are not,
in nigeria everybody is depressed! even the wealthy are more depressed in nigeria, why do you think they go on holidays Abroad most times to the same US you are Rubbishing.

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ernieboy(m): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Even a senior RN with an annual salary of $75,000 in America can't be compared to a Bank Manager in Nigeria. Enough with their ridiculous joke!
a bank manager can only build his two houses in Nigeria and have his investments in naira, if he attempts to take his money outside the value will fizzle out very fast due to conversion rates. however the person earning $2000 can also send his money to Nigeria and have 2 houses and similar investments withe bank manager.

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by MISTAICEY02288(m): 10:29am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Another liar. I am planning a second part of this post. Now quote me..An immigrant bank manager in America can't be compared to a bank manager here in Nigeria. Please note immigrant in quote. There is no high paying profession in Nigeria that someone doing same in America can be better off. Talking about immigrants and not first class citizens

Lol... And thats why i said you ignorant. Lemme tell you this. If you still say in UK, i can still manage to agree with you a bit, cos things are tough in UK than America and they have higher taxes. I know of families that were kn the UK for years buh later had to relocate to America for better life.

You sayin theres no way an immigrant doing same higher payi profeseion with someone doing similar profession in Naija is totally outrageous. I am still saying it, most immigrants even doing menial jobs in America are better than some peoplethose doing higher paying jobs in Naija talk more those doing higher paying job in America too.

I rest my case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 10:33am On Oct 29, 2017
You made a meaningful contribute but the truth is that there are some places in America that is not different from Mushin. Try and go around you will be shocked! Many places...
okuya:
Op, am based in Lagos Nigeria and @ d same time av an experience on wot it takes to survive on menial jobs in America, :
Firstly u r right, it is difficult to survive on jobs like these which pays between $1,400 and $,1800 after calculating ur hrs monthly, u hardly hit $2,000 on ur hrs in states like Texas.

Ur apartment rent goes for about $700/800 monthly, take that from 1,800 u r left wit $1,000 ur phone and internet takes $200 u r left wit $800,
Water, electricity and waste takes abiut $300 u r left wit $500, feeding grabs another $300 u r left wit $200 take transportation and other sundry exoenses u would be left with about $30. What can u do wit that NOT MUCH!

But another thing u av to consider is that that comparing the man who is struggling in US wit a menial job and living in an apartment and unable to make savings is like comparing someone struggling in Lagos in a two rooms apartment wit no savings to someone else living in deep forest of KOMA in Nigeria, in a mud house of several rooms with a thatched roof and no doors nor windows to keep off d moquitoes, no good road, no television nor radio, YES that is how u compare the standard of living between Nigeria and US, like comparing Koma village to Abuja. Some of the worst areas in US like Bissonnet to me are finer, neater and looking far better than some places in lekki and surulere, which many of us boast of, yes u a manager in Nigeria and building houses what are the quality of houses you are living in iterms amenities, such as electricity, phone and internet services, here in Nigeria we have no electricity, no water the neighbourhoods are littered wit refuse and the streets are littered wit dead decomposing rats thrown on d streets and smelling wit flies all over d place, So the choice would be ur's to make, but i bet u bring someone born Koma to Lagos, survival would be hell,

Ones
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ernieboy(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2017
NONNYG:
OP , I totally understand that there's no place like home. But the way you make your point doesn't worth it, yes most of these guys in America do menial jobs yet they have built duplexes and has many Landed properties in Nigeria, this is called investment wise. Oh, you think they spend all their money in the states? Again I never saw where you mentioned social amenities like constant power supply, good road, health facilities, water etc. At least they pay tax and enjoy what the money is being used for. Please don't be biased in your judgement. Thanks
thank u those folks pay taxes and see the benefits of their tax in the society.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by iboboyswag(m): 10:33am On Oct 29, 2017
TUBLEZ:
people in America are not thr to count bridge they hustle tight and they hv what to show for it, my friend earns 700$ per week that's 2,800$ in a month he pays [b]200$ [/b]for accommodation only African food is expensive thr with 2-5 dollars u can eat good food, he pays his tfair with 1-2 & including cents.. Most of this guy's sends thr savings to naija to either build houses or other investment because they know they can't be thr forever... How many people earns 500k in Nigeria and u will still hv to buy fuel every night, average salary for naija graduate is 50k that's if u even get the job

Please correct the embolden. That amount will only get you a shared accommodation in the rural south and when I said shared it meant with like 3 or 4 people.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Most of this people criticising america has never been there this is just hear say how much does a bank manger collect at best 500k to 1m which u can never compare to a take home and living standard of ordinary a truck driver in america 80k salary in nigeria. U forgot to remove transport and feeding that's 40k take home at best plus no time to rest.u guys shud chill america can never be compare to nigeria in all ramifications..

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ernieboy(m): 10:37am On Oct 29, 2017
NONNYG:
back from ghost modegrin

Bro one thing you don't understand about America is that they don't have African man mentality where you save millions in the bank (bank doing business with your money and making cool cash). Americans enjoy life as if rapture will happen tomorrow, they already have everything running smoothly for them. So why saving? Forget about the issue of money in the bank for Americans cos they don't give a f** about that.

over & outgrin
I taya for this guy, Americans would rather own stocks than have a huge pile of cash in the bank. most of them have investment managers for this purpose.

4 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 10:38am On Oct 29, 2017
Forget "never been outside the boundaries of 9ja" Let those who have lived in America for 30 yrs come and dispute or challenge me. Everything I post here is 100% accurate. But it is normal for those who can't handle the truth or tackle the topic to direct their attack on the individual.
OgbeniSir:
@op In the words of fallzthebadtguy, 'I detest henvy'
Very biased write up. Definitely sure u never been outside the boundaries of 9ja.

quote author=timesup234 post=61858382]The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by shallysgirl: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2017
The most shocking is seeing people especially men, leave decent jobs in Nigeria, I mean oil company employees,engineers,geologist,managers and directors of companies, doctors etc leaving their decent jobs to go abroad to do odd jobs embarassed.
i have seen cases of doctors working as nurses and carers abroad. People whose colleagues are consultants in Nigeria.
Although, this odd jobs things favor those who weren't doing so well in Nigeria.
Leaving a decent job or business in Nigeria to go for odd jobs abroad is so stupid. Many of such people were deceived Sha and a lot of them live in regrets.
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by oviejnr(m): 10:43am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
sorry dude. It will take a Nigerian doing menial job in the US. twenty years to be able to complete a duplex. Unless they are involved in shady deals it is impossible. Even middle class Americans who make $57,000 annually cant save a thousand dollars monthly. When you get to America the hidden truth will ne revealed to you
What the heck are you saying? My cousin makes a $4000 weekly in the same country you claim forsaken, has 2 hostels and Duplex here. FYI, his engaged and has a twin there. You just have to cut your hate for the country. America is a place where you can achieve your dreams if you stay focus but If your talking about Taxes in countries like Sweden, Finland and maybe UK I can agree with you but in America, the Tax isn't as bad as you claim if you know what you doing as a Nigerian oversea. If someone earn $16k monthly and can't do all that, imagine what he would do with $57K and you said they can't save a $1k monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by BigIyanga: 10:43am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
The funniest and most expensive joke I have heard from Nigerians doing menial jobs in the US. and earning between $1,500- $2,000, is claiming that they are richer than bank managers in Nigeria. I guess they make their money in America while spending it in Nigeria. This stupid joke need to stop. A Nigerian doing menial job in the US. at best can be compare to someone receiving 80,000 Monthly in Nigeria in purchasing power. A Nigerian doing odd jobs for 10 yrs will still be paying rent while a 10 yrs bank manager would have long built two to three houses with a lucrative investment. Nigerians in America need to stop converting currencies because it is clearly stated that if you earn $12,000 annually in America you are living in poverty
Keep deceiving yourself. Poverty threshold for a single person in $12,000 which means the lowest income earner in the US comparable to $1/day earner in Naija . If you're in denial like a typical Naija, it's N360/day which is what working folks like meguard, shoemaker, hawkers etc make.

Now compare their lifestyles with the lowest US earners-most Naija in the US don't fall into this category!

Most Nigerian newcomers fall into working class, so if u land a fast food job, that pays $8/hr that is $320/wk=$1240/m=$15,360/yr. you can get 2 jobs that's about $31k a year. If have your papers, you make a lot more!!
Compare a cleaner in Naija vs a Naija cleaner in the US.
I think it massages your false sense of importance that a Naija salary earner is better of than a US salary earner. No you don't make more as a legal salary earner in Naija!
In Naija, you have to provide for yourself things like security, water, power, medical care at exorbitant rate with epileptic service, but in the US, you pay for those at cheaper and efficient rate.
If Naija is better, why does it have lower life expectancy rate than the US?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ernieboy(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Bro we know you as an heavyweight when it comes to travelling section but most times you like hiding the truth. How many americans have$10,000 saved up? I am even talking about those with middle class jobs. Saving 10k is a milestone for majority of the country
Americans don't see savings the way Nigerians do, they would rather have their funds in stocks and various trust funds for their kids. u take savings as a measure of wealth, but the fact is that any liquid cash kept in a bank continues to depreciate on a daily basis so savvy and enlightened people tend to keep a very small percentage of their case in liquid form.

6 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2017
So name a single child born of a Nigeria who we can classify as being successful since they relocated because of their children? Just name one..I will be waiting. All are lies brother, even people born in America can't save up $200,000 after 65yrs and rely on social security in their old age. Giving birth to your child in Nigeria even gives them an higher opportunity of making it and becoming globally known.
bulalakoboko:
Travelling abroad is not only about money.Many of my married friends took the decision to relocate because of their children future.Our outlook about living a decent life as Africans is not the best,we quantify everything in monetary terms.We are here for a very short time and are nearby to enjoy life while it last.@ op,You only know the type of country you are encouraging people to stay if God forbid somebody close suffer a terminal illness,you will then discovered that all your supposed savings will amount to nothing.How many of us have the job? But in US or all those countries you can have a job and plan for a better one.How many Nigerians can live like a bank manager in this era where job is hot cake?Many guys are making it in foreign countries legally if you hussle.Educationally,we are no where,my fear for Nigeria is how we are going to survive if all countries switch to electric cars or renewable energy."if I get visa,na go I dey,lemme paying all the bills at least have seen bank managers relocating and they never regretted their actions".Probability of making it abroad among many samples is far higher than in Nigeria if you have your papers,your children will triple your investment. People quickly forgot that our children are future investment,what we give to them in terms of education,environment and oppotunity equals the returns we are going to get when we are old.Its not only house or fat bank account that is investment.Only very few individuals are making it in Naija.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by richybanky(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2017
For u to compare someone doing a menial job in the states with a bank manager in Nigeria already shows that u are actually saying the truth grin grin #Oponu

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Mcslize: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
No single menial job is going to give you $3600 a month. That's what most people earn doing two or three jobs. The best you can get from a single menial job is probably $2,800 before tax. Brother you are still lost in the conversion illusion. With such amount you can't even afford a one bedroom apartment. You will need to share with a roommate. I guess the banker in Nigeria shared his three bedroom with 6 other persons?

Bro you are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by shallysgirl: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2017
One thing is that Nigerians get carried away just like you are.
Moreover it depends on how you were living in Nigeria before traveling.
Badb0y4lyf:
Most of this people criticising america has never been there this is just hear say how much does a bank manger collect at best 500k to 1m which u can never compare to a take home and living standard of ordinary a truck driver in america 80k salary in nigeria. U forgot to remove transport and feeding that's 40k take home at best plus no time to rest.u guys shud chill america can never be compare to nigeria in all ramifications..

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by onatisi(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2017
gypsey:
they deserve 3 gold medals! incase the lose the first, and second one!
there was a time i use to advice ppl to stay in nigeria , but now me too i don change that mentality , if one doesnt take care he will just find out that naija has wasted his destiny .
the rule is very simple

WHEN SURVIVAL BECOMES DIFFICULT ,ACHIEVEMENT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE
BUT
WHEN SURVIVAL BECOMES EASY THEN ACHIEVEMENT BECOMES POSSIBLE AND REALIZABLE

onatisi (2017)

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2017
InvertedHammer:

There is more to life than naira, kobo, dollars and cents.

Once you figure it out, you will understand why the U.S. Embassy is one of the busiest embassies in Nigeria.

Anyone living in US who comes in here to debate this issue with you is a slowpoke.

For the fact that you are comparing the life of a bank manager in Nigeria and a menial worker in USA says it all. You just gave a backhanded compliment to bank managers in Nigeria.
/
Correct! this comment flaws the whole debate!

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 10:46am On Oct 29, 2017
timesup234:
Don't Compare Dollar Wit Naira
U Knw Dollar Is A Currency Of High Value
And Apart Doing A Menial Job In Nigeria Is Lyk Doin No Work!
Whereas Becoming A Banker In 9ja Is Not Easy As U Think Our Slogan Is Connection
But In America Their Are Many Works U Can Do Datz Profitable
Bro If Dey Gv U Free Visa To Go To Usa Wont U Go??
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by shallysgirl: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2017
He isn't wrong.
Mcslize:

Bro you are wrong.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 29, 2017
onatisi:

there was a time i use to advice ppl to stay in nigeria , but now me too i don change that mentality , if one doesnt take care he will just find out that naija has wasted his destiny .
the rule is very simple

WHEN SURVIVAL BECOMES DIFFICULT ,ACHIEVEMENT BECOMES IMPOSSIBLE
BUT
WHEN SURVIVAL BECOMES EASY THEN ACHIEVEMENT BECOMES POSSIBLE AND REALIZABLE

onatisi (2017)
I agree! totally!
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Starkid3010(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2017
afroxyz:

If you had read the post you wouldn't have made this comment
I Dont Need To Read It Coz U Write From Ur Own View

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (71)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.