Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria (5941 Views)

Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight / 10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by remmie(m): 11:39am On Feb 21, 2007
Hi guys can anyone give hints on a MUST visit place in Nigeria, i am working on a documentary of Nigeria talking about why one must visit Nigeria, so can you contribute to this research by telling me those places, people and sites in Nigeria with genuine attributes and the whole world need to see, I'm not out for beauty in the western concept but beauty in the African contest[b][/b].
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by LondonCool(m): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2008
Tinapa Business Resort (Calabar) and the Obudu Cattle Ranch in Cross River State
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by landis(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
Tinapa Business Resort (Calabar) and the Obudu Cattle Ranch in Cross River State

how do you get there SAFELY from Lagos and at what cost?
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
oshun oshogbo grove in soun state my home town wink
worth your while if you are a fan of african culture/artefacts ,carvings e.t.c

olumo rock in ogun state

la campagne tropicana resort in lekki lagos island, beautiful place though i v not been there but its got to be good for shaggy the international dance hall star to stay there on one of his recent trips to nigeria
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by LondonCool(m): 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2008
LondonCool:

You can fly to Calabar by Virgin Nigeria or Arik Airlines from Lagos . Aero Contractors operate direct flights to Obudu from Calabar.
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by brownbonno(m): 7:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

oshun oshogbo grove in soun state my home town wink
worth your while if you are a fan of african culture/artefacts ,carvings e.t.c

Mama Osun will welcome you,apart from that Oshogbo no biam ooo.Except say thins don change now ooo.I do my service for Oshogbo,well the night market was nice.

LondonCool:

Calabar is the place,the Museum is a translation of the African history from colonisation to independence from the western imperialist.Tinapa is a testimony of modern civilization.

Abuja= wealth of the nation.
Lagos,the reality of an average Nigerian quest for survival and the dichotomy between the rich and the poor(Hummerism and Okadalist)
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by femigirl(f): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
Olumo Rock in Ogun Station http://www.olumorock.com

check out this website this will give you all you need to know http://www.nigeriatourism.net/discover1e.html

Badagry- the museum of slavery,

Kaduna River, Jos
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by dapsycool(m): 9:04am On Aug 06, 2008
Oshodi Market, Lagos. lol
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by Godalone(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2008
Ikogosi warm spring in Ekiti State.
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by landis(m): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2008
You can fly to Calabar by Virgin Nigeria or Arik Airlines from Lagos . Aero Contractors operate direct flights to Obudu from Calabar.

thanks. But I cant even find the web-page of Obudu afte googling for hours.
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2008
if you are in lagos,an experience at amala shitta in surulere is not to be missed as well
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by Busybody2(f): 12:45pm On Aug 06, 2008
lucabrasi:

if you are in lagos,an experience at amala shitta in surulere is not to be missed as well

You and food again. grin Make food no kill una for me o angry grin
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2008
Busy_body:

You and food again. grin Make food no kill una for me o angry grin
ha ha shebi i was only trying to get the poster to have a well rounded naija experience, i promise to give up on food as soon as i grow fat grin grin
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by ty4real(m): 12:21am On Aug 09, 2008
lucabrasi:

Guy you make me remember that joint for Surulere! grin ;DAmala and correct Obe Gbegiri !Oyinladun grin grin

Hennnn back to the topic,Birikisu Shrine for Ijebu- Ode,Obafemi Awolowo cocoa Plantation for Ikenne,Olabisi Onabanjo University(My former schooo wey no get rival for forest reserve) grin grin grin.,Orimolusi Palace!
I will tell you more ,all will be located withing Ijebu and Remo environs in Ogun -State!
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2008
Erin Ijesha water falls - Erin Ijesha, Osun State. (never visited any tourist attraction that gave me so much fun and excitement as this place- 7 high layers mountain/hill climbing, spectacular water falls, the serene. . . . ) Too bad the state government has failed to develop/promote and advertise this place.

Ikogosi Warm Springs-Ikogosi, Ekiti State (nearer to Osun state though when driving from lagos)
Serene environment, where the cold and hot waterfall meets has been converted to a large swimming pool. So the pool is warm (you can actually see the steam) and it flows (not a stagnant pool). Negatives-could be very rowdy though especially on weekends when students from unis go there to have pool parties, birthday parties, etc. Its worse on public holidays-every tom,dick,harry,okada driver,timber/cocoa merchant can be found there - swimming.

Idanre Hills-Idanre, Ondo state.
Nice historic town, nice people, quiet, lovely view, serene, basically climbing rocks, a guide will be there to explain everything about the hills.

Some nice places in Jos, Plateau State. Sheri Hills and another waterfall (will post the name when i remember)
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2008
The 1st in 1001 "must see" spots in Nigeria is the Chappal Wadi. It is a mountain with the highest point in Nigeria at about 2400m. Located in Gashaka Forest Reserve in Taraba state, this breath taking region is any tourist's delight

This place in my opinion is something like Nigeria's most beautiful jewel. Wonder why lots of folks don't know about it. I think those that know love to keep it a secret.
The place is really cool with amongst the best Flora and Fauna anywhere, gorgeous Streams, Chimps and Baboons, marvellous climate and wonderful locals. Some foreign researchers are even trying to determine whether the place was the original Garden of Eden.

I can't give enough details but you can read this blog for more- [url]http://naijablog . . com/2008/04/mountain-of-death-no-be-small-o.html[/url]

Other places I luuv- Niger delta Mangroves(except you want to get adultnapped),Lagos-Benin expressway(has the greatest potholes in the world), Oshodi market(greatest form of human disorganisation), and of course Nairaland(lots of dumbsmart locals)
Some pics below

Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 12:47am On Aug 11, 2008
Obudu cattle ranch
Jos town,lots and lots of places to go
Yankari game reserve,Bauchi state
@papabrowne,lol
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by biolabee(m): 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2008
so remmie how far with ur research can you post it 4 us to see,
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by iyeayo(f): 9:57am On Nov 01, 2008
Oyingbo market, people flow like water 24/7 smiley
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by DisGuy: 7:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
Bump Bump Bump 2010
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by leye1234(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2010
AJEGUNLE, OKOKOMAIKO grin grin
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by goggs(m): 10:36pm On Feb 21, 2010
the Gashaka Gumpti game park in Taraba State is a must see.

i was able to visit the park sometime back and believe me its criminal that such treasure is not harnessed for the benefit of the people of the region. These guys are so hospitable. always eager to help, always excited when you express surprise at anything in their beautiful garden of eden. Its the first place I have seen such twisting and dangerous road turns through amazing cliffs. And to add to the excitement, monkeys, squirrels and the like gather round and watch you drive by.

Kai I thought i was in Kenya till a road marker boldly stated - Gembu 50km ahead- (Gembu is a local government headquarters atop the majestic Mambilla plateau in Taraba State, site of the much talked about multi billion dollar 2,000 megawatt Mambilla hydro electric dam. I just hope dam wont wipe out the park)
Re: 1001 Things You Must See In Nigeria by FBS: 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
*Subscribing*

(1) (Reply)

Boat Mishap Claims 12 Lives In Nasarawa / England Vs Scotland / My Experience With Bahamas Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.