Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:51 PM

Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know (60797 Views)

We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / 10 Reasons Why I'm Leaving America And Moving To Nigeria / Traveling To Nigeria: Things To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by eduson33(m): 11:15am On May 30, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, I hail o!

This just ran across my mind. Abeg, anybody who has plans of leaving Nigeria and wishes not to roast and die hustling abroad, you have to know this:

1. Never give your passport to anyone even if the person is your mum. Disagree. In fact, swallow it.
2. Don't give even your brother money to help you get stay or resident permit.(em go munch am)
3. Acquire some skills or educational qualifications before leaving Nigeria.
4. Anything you wanna do, think over it for four to five days and seek advice from 10 persons before you do it.
5. Don't send money to your brother or sister to invest for you here in Nigeria.
6. Don't start solving family problems immediately as you get there. Even if your uncle dies, don't return if you know you're not yet standing firm.
7. Most important: Never forget GOD if you really want to make it.

Well Done!

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Jcob(m): 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
. . . and no go marry akata!

10 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by paramajit: 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
yes do not pay for sham marriages just because you want to get a stay instead invest the money properly on acquiring a good skills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Lowkeys(m): 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
I dey laugh...OBJ
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by double3(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
Don't think money grows on trees abroad
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by ebamma(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
and no dey desperate to go overseas,when u have no qualification

1 Like

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by tpia5: 9:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
i almost opened a thread on this topic some time ago.
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by OmichaelO: 9:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
NICE ONE "@OP I WILL KEEP 'EM IN MIND
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by ebamma(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
and to let u know, even in new york and paris there are homeless people and beggars.

2 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by wandeay: 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
nice one - always bhave well, do not show 9ja swaggs, dont rush to make money e.g som pple wil take up any job even if it has criminal background jst 2 make fast money

1 Like

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Peterson1993(m): 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Chai. See traffic when de view this topic. Every body wan commont from naija. Where do we go from here
| | |

webmastern(m),
Soyedele1(m), crownfits, Osejie(m), Babs
adediji(m), xxxmoviesnig, ariyokunle,
abbgstar(m), Baba Ibada, Jenams(m),
sweetchicks(f), Johnnynash, ollyruffy,
double3, sesanayo(m), Tru_lie, dipo+,
Ozonna(m), mitcheldan, Sammiejo, chio,
O.michael.O(m), johnugwu, Lachynos2k2,
DIVINED, cutietreasure, shinystar(m),
baxterer, engineerd(m), Top9jajamz,
wandeay, Dipwater(m), Donxavier(m), Tlake,
sofa-dj(m), davmore750(m), johnonuh,
Gbenz, funmeme(f), targus, Uzoonyibo,
lefolksy and 61 guest(s)

5 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by ariyokunle: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
"Qualification"- especially in wat? "Skills"- such as? Pls explain,tanks.
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Monjerk: 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
tpia@:
i almost opened a thread on this topic some time ago.

Bro, almost/nearly cannot kill a bird, anyway its never too late you can contribute what you have here for us to learn. God bles Naija except those that are stealing our resources.

4 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by SisiKill1: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
If you can't trust your passport with your mom or your money with your siblings, then you obviously can't seek their advice on anything. . .so who pray tell are the 10 people in your advice committee? Strangers?

Yep, this totally makes sense.

5 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Ignatio(m): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
Jcob: . . . and no go marry akata!

Who is an akata?
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by crackhouse(m): 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2012
The poster is an upright man. Obj said so.

2 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Buc(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
eduson33: Fellow Nigerians, I hail you!

This just ran across my mind. Abeg, anybody that has plans of leaving Nigeria and wishes not to roast and die hustling abroad, you have to know this:

1. Never give your passport to anyone even if the person is your mum. Don't agree. In fact, swallow it.
2. Don't give even your brother money to help you get stay or resident permit.
4. Anyting you wanna do, think over it for four to five days and seek advice from 10 persons before you do it.
5. Don't send money to your brother or sister to invest for you here in Nigeria.
6. Don't start solving family problems immediately you get there. Even if your uncle dies, don't return if you know you're not yet standing firm.

Well Done!
B like say your experience ugly?
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by dudelucious: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
Yes. you are right. On point. Living in abroad is not easy at all. In fact, i realised that im always on my toes trying to develop myself career-wise in abroad, unlike the laid back attitude in Naija. im pretty much a local champion back home, which, to be honest im not comfortable with.

1 Like

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Deolaw: 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ignatio:

Who is an akata?

You don't know akata!?
At least u know oyinbo...

1 Like

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by LonelyGirl1(f): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
Buy plenty egusi and ogbono, pack gala too, to avoid dying of hunger
grin

3 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by zangiff(m): 10:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
don't send money home for investment cuz you are playing with ruin

2 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by fubbyy(m): 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
The #1 is on point.. Nice thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by manny4life(m): 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Jcob: . . . and no go marry akata!

Seconded! Wait o, if you don't marry akata, how u gonna do papers naw? grin grin grin

Ignatio:

Who is an akata?

Akata is a word used in a derogatory connotation towards a black person(s) in the community. More likely than not, the word is used on people who are pretty much useless in the community such as those who live on welfare checks aka food stamps, smokes all sorts of smokables like weed, do drugs, drunks... I mean most African Americans with such life are referred to as Akata.

Viewing this topic: damola1, rickiross(m), Ardedaryor, Theben(m), promzy143, Maxymilliano, deshysmalls, Basics007, manny4life(m), dnative(m), Akpu.Nku, Nnaemiemax(m), duality, BusHouse(f), Sedar, Demoore(m), vanitty, dozie s, wild guy(m), pappyjoo, ceejayluv(m), sodipe12, kennyjvip, jiniux(m), buildelicool(m), khanivorous(m), chx_e, fubbyy(m), ItsModella(f), samsolite(m), sidwell, aykabba, Ideasroole, Sonnik212, kayusbrown(m), knight351(m), hrhobi1(m), jeffizy(m), Roland17(m), Smuthx(m), Ozonna(m), chally 02, FILEBE(m), medexico(m), ariyebaba, Peterson1993(m) and 56 guest(s)

Damn, business is booming grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Ardedaryor(m): 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
nice one grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by BusHouse(m): 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
eduson33: Fellow Nigerians, I hail you!

This just ran across my mind. Abeg, anybody that has plans of leaving Nigeria and wishes not to roast and die hustling abroad, you have to know this:

1. Never give your passport to anyone even if the person is your mum. Don't agree. In fact, swallow it.
2. Don't give even your brother money to help you get stay or resident permit.
4. Anyting you wanna do, think over it for four to five days and seek advice from 10 persons before you do it.
6. Don't start solving family problems immediately you get there. Even if your uncle dies, don't return if you know you're not yet standing firm.

Well Done!
Nawao, wat if na my mama or sista or broda sponsor me go abroad nko? If i bust den case u no tink say den fit remote peson com bak 2 naija? Eno easy as u say am o, but d advis no bad sha.
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by Ozonna(m): 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
ariyokunle: "Qualification"- especially in wat? "Skills"- such as? Pls explain,tanks.

Good question. Especially as our educational qualifications/credentials are not recognised outside our shores.
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by ovo4u(m): 10:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
If I saw this kind of post before I travelled those days here, I woouldn't have lost over 6000 Euro (1.4 million naira) to that foolish friend which I trust so much that I even called him uncle and the guy dumped me with my money and even the passport that I used to fly here all because i trusted him cos i thought he can't dump me.Now he told everyone in his city that they should never give me his number.

Men Europe nor easy ooh, so many sh.it but man nor go use because of 6k Euro take go jail na abi?...I just can't imagine someone taking my 5000 naira in 9ja and tell me pooooo, if man nor Bleep dat guy up, make i die..well so is Europe, but I do believe no matter how long it takes, nigggga will pay 4 his 4up.

Pls never make the mistake i made, never give your money or passport to anyone, it better you lost it in your hand than giving it out to some of our lazy brother who have been here over 30yrs and have nothing to show for it and they are ready to reap you off, as soon as you step in.

True life Story!!!

8 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by aykabba(m): 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2012
Who can help to get permit then
Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by pendusky(m): 11:01pm On Jun 01, 2012
lol, u guys wont kil me wit laf!

2 Likes

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by slimyem: 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
Lonely_Girl: Buy plenty egusi and ogbono, pack gala too, to avoid dying of hunger
grin
lmao!

1 Like

Re: Before Leaving Nigeria: Things You Must Know by manny4life(m): 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ozonna:

Good question. Especially as our educational qualifications/credentials are not recognised outside our shores.

That's somewhat incorrect, it's recognized but it has to be evaluated. It might not be credit for credit, but it's something. Though I'm not familiar with Nigerian education system, however, most people have gotten their transcripts reevaluated here to meet transcript standard like the one here. The problem with people when they get here is not about the education part, but getting a job without papers. Without papers, you have to depend on your skills or you have to get the under-the-table jobs which isn't fun.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ozuma Bridge In Okene Collapses A Week After Yahaya Bello Constructed It (photo) / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.