Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,323 members, 7,954,303 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:21 PM

98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results (16876 Views)

WAEC Releases Nov/dec 2015 GCE Result, 48% Pass Recorded / Another Mass Failure Recorded As Neco Releases Results / When Will Waec Gce Nov/dec Results Be Realeased? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by zipphy(f): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2010
ya have seen mine dnt eva ask me it was awful after doing nite vilgil dis my fifth tim either the seiz or cancel of fail
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Kunle106(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
Jus helpd sme1 in checking his, he had 3c's,1b,nd d rest d,e,f, he was unable to get d most subject he needed, upon al d study, neco 2 bad,
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by otukpo(f): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2010
Too bad.
Our children don't study their books again.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by jacobs123(m): 6:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
otukpo:

Too bad.
Our children don't study their books again.

Why should they study their books? Their fathers that studied their books are still being owed their pension and dying slowly on pension queues across the country after their meritorious career.
Someone once said to a Christian "your actions speak so loudly I don't hear what you say". We can preach whatever we want but our children know that at the end of the day education counts for nothing in this country and you can always buy a certificate if you ever need it. the most important priorities now is to "HAMMER"

Sometime in 1995, I was discussing with some of my mates in a tertiary institution that a time is coming when there won't be people to solve the Orijos (exam question) that people buy before exams. As young people back in 1995, we could anticipate that disaster lay ahead of us but in 2010, our Politicians still haven't figured that we are in trouble.

Bottomline however is "what is the value of education in today's Nigeria"?. I think it's close to being worthless and I keep saying it we should prepare the minds of Nigeria's children for SLAVERY because that's what we've set them up for!
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by waleski(m): 7:52pm On Mar 18, 2010
the body itself is a waste .i remember wen i did my neco we were unserious and in the end we got straight c's for those of us who bothered to check thier result neco is a substitute and not even better than g.ce
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Jibson999(m): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2010
@jacobs dats true. A time will come and there will be no one to solve all d expo's dat they get
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by rahmanajeigbe(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2010
shocked shocked :othis goes beyond the decay in our education system, or a sincere expression of ability of our secondary school student. angry sadi think NECO has some explanations to do
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by rahmanajeigbe(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2010
shocked shocked :othis goes beyond the decay in our education system, or a sincere expression of ability of our secondary school student. angry sadi think NECO has some explanations to do
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Kratos007(m): 11:20am On Mar 19, 2010
wow, that's crazy. what do they teach in schools these days?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by hassymo5(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2010
Broda's something funny is going on wit waec & neco students cannot just fail dis exams. Something has 2 b done, 4instance afta 6 yrs in school kn %tage is @ d end of d yr all u did is waste. Atlease secondary school exams performance @ ur school should take 40% waec & neco should take 60%, dat will help,because our educational system in dis era is very hard compare 2 in d 7os. Do u kn dat if u pick waec pass question during 73s and give ss3 students to answer, even witout dem reading de wil pass. So d educational system from primary to tertiary is difficult, i must comment all students of dis time u all de try. Dose pple shouting @ u saying u are lazy, i one 2 tell dem education is nnt like 70s when it was simple, try it now & u go know say u go school. All dis pple (proffs,parents, lecturer and in positions) didnt find education hard. Now alot of borrowed courses. Pls dey should just teach students what dey need 2 know. I have alot 2 say but wil nt finish if all is 2 b said.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by hammer07: 10:34am On Mar 21, 2010
i cant believe that 98% failed!!!!!! thats terrible!!!!maybe NECO should re-mark.whats the use of going to school if u learn nothing.to be fair, the distractions now for students are so many! playstation,mobile fones,internet etc, and we parents are to blame.Discipline and monitoring of children is a thing of the past.we are busy looking for how to feed these same kids, wow, a vicious cycle.oga o. rememberd those days in sec school, my dad would always be on my neck to study, he would sit down on weekends and ask me to teach him chemistry and physics, so i had to prepare for my weekend lectures!where' s the time now?
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by ozigizaga: 2:37am On Mar 22, 2010
bone that talk. everybody cheated in at least one subject during ssce. but. how can 98% of candidates fail?. this is totally wrong. something needs to be done.

Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by D1KeleVra(m): 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
cheesy grin LOL @Topic na so so olodo full secondary schools these days. . . obsessing on the opposite sex and sex
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Foz1: 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2010
Yes, standards shouldn't be sacrificed for any reason. But, teachers should do more. They shouldn't be the type that will dump notes for students to copy and most of all they want is for the student to copy the notes.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Nobody: 7:10am On Mar 23, 2010
Foz1:

Yes, standards shouldn't be sacrificed for any reason. But, teachers should do more. They shouldn't be the type that will dump notes for students to copy and most of all they want is for the student to copy the notes.

You try to become a teacher.They are not regarded as people and not paid well and on time.The students do not want to learn.No need as mediocrity is upheld in 9ja.Meanwhile you can check the nonsense at www.nigerianexam.org Neco which is an inept body has the shame not to sell a scratch card to check the results. So no Scratch cards this time!
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Remii(m): 7:17am On Mar 23, 2010
^^^^^^ Standard of exam has not reduced, it is the standard of students has fallen, these students are answering the same level of questions most of us wrote. Schools are badly maintained worse still those taking care of education, just like other things, do not have children in those schools, just as they do not attend our hospitals, or use our PHCN,. They all have their children in private and insanely expensive schools, or what else would you say about secondary school where you pay about N2,000,000 per session.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by ayodele123(m): 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2010
The educational system is in shambles.
What do we expect of a system whereby students spend the greater part of the day and night in cybercafes surfing the net?
what do we expect of a system where by admission to the university is on sale irrespective of level of pass in Waec/Jamb?
what do we expect of a system that allows teachers to go on strike while the authorities look the other way?
what do you expect of a system where by invigilators are part of a syndicate that smuggles in answers to exam questions during Jamb examinations?
what do we expect of a system that allows a parent to challenge a teacher for disciplining a child in school?
what do we expect of a system that allows graduates to roam the streets in search of elusive jobs?
There are many more questions without answers.
Now, the 2% that passed should be analysed to know the schools they came from, whether government or private?
i wonder how the candidates of the high flying private schools failed despite the high school fees paid by parents.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by BlackRevo: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2010
ayodele123:

The educational system is in shambles.
What do we expect of a system whereby students spend the greater part of the day and night in cybercafes surfing the net?
what do we expect of a system where by admission to the university is on sale irrespective of level of pass in Waec/Jamb?
what do we expect of a system that allows teachers to go on strike while the authorities look the other way?
what do you expect of a system where by invigilators are part of a syndicate that smuggles in answers to exam questions during Jamb examinations?
what do we expect of a system that allows a parent to challenge a teacher for disciplining a child in school?
what do we expect of a system that allows graduates to roam the streets in search of elusive jobs?
There are many more questions without answers.
Now, the 2% that passed should be analysed to know the schools they came from, whether government or private?
i wonder how the candidates of the high flying private schools failed despite the high school fees paid by parents.

You guys are missing the point, most students in these expensive private schools do not take part in WAEC/NECO GCE exams. Trust me because they already passed their may/june and june/july exams so no need for that. What next for them is the foreign exams so they can study abroad or jamb to school in naija.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by Remii(m): 2:15am On Mar 24, 2010
Black_Revo:

You guys are missing the point, most students in these expensive private schools do not take part in WAEC/NECO GCE exams. Trust me because they already passed their may/june and june/july exams so no need for that. What next for them is the foreign exams so they can study abroad or jamb to school in naija.

I don't know what point we are missing, those brats in the glorified secondary school are minute compared to teaming population of students in the country, all of them put together are not up to 2%. So whatever happens to them could not be used to judge anything. The failure of the public school children is a national failure and one major problem is that the children of any of the decision makers are not in those schools. It is either their children are grown up or are in private schools. Back in the days, we had governors children, ministers children even president children in the school with us. I remember, Iyabo Obasanjo was in UI, Latinwo, Aikhomu sons were in Unilag, Jubril Aminu as a VC at Unimaid, had his daughter studying medicine in UI, etc, etc. That time, if schools were closed they too would have their kids back home and things would be sorted out quickly. These days, even councillors do not have children in public schools. Imagine if Fasola's child was in Kuramo College or Rotimi Amechi daughter in Orominike High Schl, wont they take care of the schools more genuinely than for political reasons?
They keep spending cash enough to train a village on one child just because they are callous and the society seems helpless. Secondary education is a means to an end not end in itself, so why paying N2,000,000 a year to get school cert, even if you need it to enter Harvard or Cambridge. Private universities are even cheaper than those secondary schools now.
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by OliTee: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2011
Soo pathetic
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by johnprecious: 6:39am On Sep 15, 2014
Neco result is out and I just upgraded some of my subject through the help of Mr Richard a neco officer,cause I have already gained an admission and my Waec result was withheld ,I couldn't wait for my Waec result to b released cause I don't no how long it will take so I decided to wait for my Neco result to my supprise I failed some of the subject I needed most so I decided to look for help and a friend gave me Mr Richards number and I told him my problem and he helped me upgraded the subjects ,all thanks to Mr Richard my Neco result was upgraded .Neco result upgrading isthrough the help of Mr Richard a Neco officer so if u need help in upgrading u Neco result or you are having any other problem you can call him on 09094741463
Re: 98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results by ggnggroup: 11:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
johnprecious:
Neco result is out and I just upgraded some of my subject through the help of Mr Richard a neco officer,cause I have already gained an admission and my Waec result was withheld ,I couldn't wait for my Waec result to b released cause I don't no how long it will take so I decided to wait for my Neco result to my supprise I failed some of the subject I needed most so I decided to look for help and a friend gave me Mr Richards number and I told him my problem and he helped me upgraded the subjects ,all thanks to Mr Richard my Neco result was upgraded .Neco result upgrading isthrough the help of Mr Richard a Neco officer so if u need help in upgrading u Neco result or you are having any other problem you can call him on 09094741463

thunder faya and refaya ur left yansh..... u ds turninoninown baskard..... some1 iz battling wut neco injury and u dare bring ds shit here.....?? thunder and lightning from EGBIN POWER PLANT STRIKE UR LEFT BALLS DERE.... SCAMMING BASKARD

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn’t Go Into Medical School / Out-of-school Children Across States In Nigeria (ages 6–15) / FG Confirms Closure Of FGC, Kwali, Security Beef-Up In Unity Colleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.