Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku (15768 Views)

See What Will Happen Once Igbo Or Yoruba becomes president / Video Of Hausa-fulani Beggar: Matters Arising / The Man Atiku Abubakar! Nigerian Next President!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by stephanie11: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2017
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has urged people from all tribes in the Country to see themselves as Nigerian and maintain the Nigerian dream.

Speaking at the 40th anniversary of Federal Government College, Okigwe, Imo State on Saturday, Atiku who was represented by his media adviser, Paul Ibe said;

"I congratulate you on the 40th anniversary of your great school, the Federal Government College, Okigwe. Looking back at Nigeria over the same period of the four decades since your school was established, the mistakes and the bad decisions are difficult to miss on the landscape of our country’s history. But amidst all that are some exceptional developments. The 40th anniversary of your school is an opportunity for all Nigerians to celebrate one of those outstanding moments in our history: the establishment of the Federal Government College, Okigwe among several other federal government schools.

At the end of the civil war, the Nigerian government came up with the idea of the federal government colleges, both mixed and female only. The primary idea was national unity. Hence the motto: Pro Unitate. In a country of hundreds of tribes and tongues, with varying cultures and attitudes, the federal schools were to be a factory of unity. Young boys and girls from different and differing parts of the country were brought together, and given what was then the best education that Nigeria had to offer, in an environment where they were also taught to see themselves as one people, irrespective of their many differences. Nigeria’s best brains were trained not only to be academically sound but to see themselves as Nigerian rather than as Igbo or Hausa or Yoruba or any other tribe. That was and remains the Nigerian dream.

All of you gathered here for this 40th anniversary are the products of that experiment, an experiment that went very well indeed. You are the Nigerian dream. I have interacted with you at different times since I became your patron, and among you are established and exceptional men and women from different parts of the country. With the federal school system, any of you can find yourselves in any part of the country and feel comfortable, knowing that you have a friend or former classmate in that part of the country. Such is the beauty of the system that we are gathered to celebrate today. Such is the privilege accorded you by your attendance at this great school.

This celebration is coming at a critical time in our country’s history. All of you must be aware of the recent agitations from different parts of the country, with some groups threatening violence and, in some cases, secession. These agitations are the result of a number of factors which I will not bother going into at this time, although since you are all enlightened men and women, I have no doubt that you are well and fully aware of what they are. As a result of these various forces, the Nigeria of today appears more divided than it has ever been before. Our country is not at war in the sense of guns and bombs, but the level of inter-ethnic discontent, hatred, and hate speech is at an all-time high.

I would like to use this opportunity to call upon you all to play your part in the healing of our country. Remember that to whom much is given, much is expected. You, the current and former students of the federal government college system, have been schooled in the merits of unity as few other Nigerians ever have. You know from personal experience that the Hausa man’s problem is not the Igbo man, that the Igbo man’s problem is not the Yoruba man, that the Yoruba man’s problem is not the Hausa man, etc. You know the beauty of unity, of living together as brother and sister, in the same dormitory, in the same classroom, of belonging to the same house and working towards the same goal, whether it be winning a medal during inter-house sports competitions or a prize during a quiz competition. You know that, at those critical times when everyone’s eye is on the goal, the Hausa and Igbo and Yoruba need one another, must depend on one another to achieve. I call upon you, therefore, to go into all the nation in your various spheres of influence, and teach this crucial lesson to all Nigerians.

I am however aware that it is not all who started this journey four decades ago are here today to be part of this historic celebration. At this juncture, I will request that you stand up and observe a minute silence in memory of all staff and students who have passed on. May their souls rest.

My dear students and alumni of the Federal Government College, Okigwe, Nigeria needs you at this hour. The glory of what was begun here 40 years ago must not be allowed to die. It must be propagated throughout all our country. That is a responsibility that you must all meditate on as you celebrate with one another over the next few days of this grand occasion. That is also the responsibility that you must carry on your shoulders as you depart to your various locations across the globe. Whether locally or from the Diaspora, you must each and every one of you see yourselves as entrusted with a critical role in mending the cracks that hate and divisions have marked in the social and political life of our great country, Nigeria. This is the time to lace your boots. This is the time to roll up your sleeves. This is the time to give back. Nigeria once gave you her best and it is time for Federal Government College, Okigwe, to give her best back to Nigeria.

Once again, I congratulate you on this grand occasion of the 40th anniversary of Federal Government College, Okigwe. May the next 40 years be even greater than the former. May we gather again to celebrate more notable anniversaries in future, in peace and good health."

https://politicsngr.com/2017/10/29/igbo-man-not-problem-hausa-yoruba-man-atiku/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 29, 2017
.Say no to old politicians.... Say no to money politics.... Say no to tribal and religious sentiment....

Support Ahmed Bee for President.. Yes!! Nigeria youth will can do it. Give us back our country.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Gucciboss: 11:37am On Oct 29, 2017
Hmm. He might be right sha.

Thorhammer:

My brother pls repent

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 29, 2017
Gucciboss:

My brother pls repent
Happy sunday grin
Gucciboss:

My brother pls repent
Happy sunday
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by adadike281(f): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2017
Help me tell 'hell eufai'

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by GavelSlam: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2017
grin
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Bari22: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Bede2u(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
Atiku I want you to replace the old dullard in 2019 but this your statement is not true.

Have you ever been to Nairaland?

You will see Igbos and Yorubas celebrating each others downfall

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by loveth360(f): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2017
Let stop deceiving our selves,we are not one and can never be one.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by id911(m): 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
Behold a detribalized Nigerian! An industrialist per excellence! A Nigerian that believes every tribe is equal and unifying figure. One who constantly and relentlessly works to alleviate the sufferings of the deprived and downtrodden. An excellent manager of both human and material resources. That's Atiku Abubakar!

Fellow Compatriots, let's ATIKULATE in 2019 to turn around the fortunes of our dear country

23 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by mightyhazel: 2:27pm On Oct 29, 2017
id911:
Behold a detribalized Nigerian! An industrialist per excellence! A Nigerian that believes every tribe is equal and unifying figure. One who constantly and relentlessly works to alleviate the sufferings of the deprived and downtrodden. An excellent manager of both human and material resources. That's Atiku Abubakar!

Fellow Compatriots, let's ATIKULATE in 2019 to turn around the fortunes of our dear country
na jonathan be dat for left Side ?

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Yyeske(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
He is right that Nigerians have no problem with each other but forgot to add that IPOB has problem with everybody including igbos

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by swagagolic01(m): 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2017
President in awaiting

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by id911(m): 2:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
mightyhazel:
na jonathan be dat for left Side ?

No Sir! It's one of Waziri's aides
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by EWAagoyin(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
Atiku and his usual antics again

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by aldexrio(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Chiedu4Trump: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
The enemy is the North that believes its his right to take our God given resource.

They murder us and nothing happens to them, instead they arrest you for fighting back.
Remember when the Enugu Farmers fought back, the Enugu Farmers were arrested and nothing happened to the Fulani Herdsmen

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/26/76-enugu-farmers-dumped-in-prison-over-clash-with-herdsmen/

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by AntiWailer: 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Lol
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Sunnycliff(m): 3:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
Atiku trying to make sense by all means, as if he's better than those we have today!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by laffwitmi: 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Atiku,the most corrupt politician in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by kay29000(m): 3:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Okay
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by watchindelta(m): 3:10pm On Oct 29, 2017
yeye 2019 make u dey talk soso talk. i blame Nigerians undecided because politicians kn many Nigerians are dumb. they easy to trick
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Efewestern: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2017
foolish old man, trying so hard to win votes.

Atiku = Tinubu = Obj = Buhari = All Nigeria past leaders, they are all criminals.

Atiku u will never rule Nigeria, it's better for a mad man to rule us than this old criminal.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by chesterlee(m): 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Atiku is far Better than the dullard...Anytime Any day

At this point I will vote for a goat ahead of President Buhari!

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Uyi168: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Oga,go and enjoy ur loots..
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2017
Mr Atiku wants to be relevant because of 2019,mtchw.
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by UncutSk(m): 3:14pm On Oct 29, 2017
propaganda atiku you cannot deceive me
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by chineduemmao: 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2017
Must i comment? no! am outta here.
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Atiku2019: 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2017
id911:

You've Said it All Bro cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Ambitionsway: 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2017
Just tell us you want our vote and stop bidding behind bars.. anyway our votes doesn't count sha as long 9ja is concern
Re: Igbo Man Not Problem Of Hausa Or Yoruba Man - Atiku by Michael004: 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2017
Yes Mr atiku, we know. They are the ones blaming us for their own misfortunes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malabu Fraud: Alhaji Aliyu Received $400 Million As Consultancy Fee / Statement From Labour Party On Julius Abure's Arrest / Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.