Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft (15764 Views)

Nigerians Will Soon Commend Jonathan For His Sincerity Of Purpose In Gov–dokpesi / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? / 3 Reasons Why Plateau State Must Produce An Apc Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by karlmax2: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2013

The quest by Nigeria to have an aircraft made by Nigerians will soon be realised if the effort of the federal government is anything to go by.

This was disclosed by the office of the Vice President, Nnamadi Sambo, while inaugurating the new boards of the National Agency for Science and Engeenering Infrastructure (NASEI) as well as the governing board of the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) in his office.

Vice President Sambo told the members to attract accelerated investments with good funding prospects and at least 5, 000 new businesses into the country in no distant time.

The vice president called on the governing board of the ICRC to move swiftly to ensure that the second Niger Bridge, development of the seaports and concession of railway lines are achieved as soon as possible.

According to him, innovations and creativity will enable Nigeria be at the forefront in attaining the challenge of knowledge based global economy.

This is the first time the board of NASEI is being chaired by a democratically elected president. It has remained in limbo after its establishment in 1992.

The Nigerian government gave them a new charge to deliver new ideas and technology in line with the transformation agenda

Turning to the governing board of the ICRC, the federal government told them to “deliver expeditiously on many Public Private Partnerships (PPP) projects scattered across the country”.

The chairman of the ICRC is the former senate president, Senator Ken Nnamani. The commission was initiated during his tenure as senate president following the slow pace of infrastructure development in the country.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/07/30/nigerians-will-soon-produce-an-aircraft-vice-president-sambo/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
^^ Let us wait until they are done with one.
Seriously? This is good. But we need huge industries/plants/companies in charge of this kind of jobs. We don't know the plant they use to produce these things yet we here they are produced, are you sure they did not import fake chinco products just to say they are getting started? Seriously we need plans and industries to handle this kind of things, and at same time, create employment for the youth.

1 Like

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by amiskurie(m): 7:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
if I hear!
but the first batch shld be ordered by the FG sha.

5 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Tolexander: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Na the president and vice president go first dey on board when testing the aircraft.

27 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
We can put him and GEJ in it and send them towards the Antarctica.

6 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
We want jet engines , not 'air beetles' sad

2 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Rossikk(m): 7:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good stuff
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by gidjah(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Y NOT, WIT. all hands on deck. little witch craft in display, less corruption, no more sentiments, full patriotism, .. we wil sure go dat far wallahi I tel u all. Afterall this same nigerians have bin using ground nut pills as helecopters & Boen 727 even lately.
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by malele(m): 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
I was there when sambo made the announcement, he wanted to say. Benin witchcraft not air planes

8 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Akpaife(m): 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
Aigbofa: We can put him and GEJ in it and send them towards the Antarctica.
Must u insult him n GEJ is like u r an enemy of progress,if Govt wat 2 bring development u talk rubbish when them fail u still talk wht is wrong wt u

1 Like

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2013
malele: I was there when sambo made the announcement, he wanted to say. Benin witchcraft not air planes
most babies come into this world dropped on their heads, you were clearly thrown at the wall sad
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Jakumo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
Brazilian designed Embraer 135,145 and 190 regional jets are currently being assembled under lisence in China, so there is no reason why a similar joint venture cannot be established between Brazil and Nigeria.

With the notable exception of the growing fleet of private jets owned by Nigeria's moneyed class, Nigerian airspace is noticeably devoid of General Aviation airplanes of the piston driven propeller and turbo-prop variety, so there does exist huge market potential for such lower-budget aircraft, which could be assembled in Nigeria under far less exacting standards than would be required to assemble pressurized, fly-by-wire passenger jet aircraft.

With stringent quality control regimes in place, Nigerian aerospace ventures could prove successful, provided that they start out as basic assembly plants where workforces cut their teeth bolting together imported airframes, avionics and power-plants.

2 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
Akpa ife:
Must u insult him n GEJ is like u r an enemy of progress,if Govt wat 2 bring development u talk rubbish when them fail u still talk wht is wrong wt u

What is this GEJ made of? Egg shells? You can't even mention him without some goons attacking you! It comes with the territory my friend, he is the president of Nigeria. I want him to deliver results, not government to do this and government to do that.

3 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good Move.

But shouldn't we try to produce a PIN first.

5 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by blacksta(m): 8:15pm On Jul 30, 2013
Good

As long as Sambo and Gej are the first flight testers.
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by taharqa2: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tolexander: Na the president and vice president go first dey on board when testing the aircraft.
Hehehehehe.... Some of una dey reali dey crazze for this NL, i swear grin grin grin grin
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by greatgod2012(f): 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
@VP,It is good to be optimistic, and because of your optimism, I join my faith with your faith and declare that, SO SHALL IT BE. Amen.
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by sambos994(m): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
We make military vehicles, cars, boats, satellites, i think we can make an aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Ziggyzito(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by playahP(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
I've always wanted to commit suicide without going to hell!!
Can't wait to fly a nigerian made jet...

But on a serious note, this is a great innovation if its trueoooo ooh!

1 Like

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by xtripple: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Make dem use d plane they carry there family and friends only...we dash una
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by simdam500(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
i love jokes

13 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by cutelover19(m): 8:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
sambos994: We make military vehicles, cars, boats, satellites, i think we can make an aircraft.
my brother, we 'assemble' not 'make'.
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
While i'm working tirelessly to build a TIME MACHINE!!!
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by supaeagles(m): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Maybe the same palm kernel technology that was diccussed in a recent thread will be used in making this Naija Eloplane! NL thread: Palm kernel as brake pads
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by alphaconde(m): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
How is danbaba suntai doing?.... This post just made me remember him, I don't know why?

1 Like

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Immatex(m): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mr. Vice President, let me humbly remind you that you are an Architect by calling and a politician by profession. None of these makes you an Engineer and so might be in position to speak of Nigeria producing an aircraft soon. We have failed to maintain cars made by others nor been able to produce tyres not to talk about producing cars. So lets not speak of aircraft otherwise it will amount to economic sabotage.

2 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2013
when this acclaimed project is archived, GEJ and SAMBO will b d first nigerian to go for a test ride b4 any Nigerian. b4 we know we are safe. grin
Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
MR. VICE PRESIDENT
WAS HIGH ON WEED
WHEN HE SPAKE THUS

3 Likes

Re: Sambo: Nigerians Will Soon Produce An Aircraft by Symphony007: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Nigeria cannot refine crude oil gotten from it's ground but she want's to build aircraft. Stupid people are running this country.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reps Sex Scandal Investigation Begins Today / Buhari’s Certificate Saga A Dead Issue, Only Idle People Consider It - Adesina / Atiku Ready To Speak As Pressure Mounts On Tinubu Over Chicago Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.