Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,091 members, 7,845,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod (789 Views)

Buhari May Swear In Ministers Wednesday / 2019: Buhari May Pick Tinubu As VP / Why President Buhari Was Absent From FEC Meeting Today - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 7:18pm On Oct 29, 2017
Readers discretion:this is my personal point of view of the situations under review. Do not be too elated if it favours your stance. Neither must you take it too personal if it doesn't. Nairaland is big enough to accommodate your own personal views too. grin grin grin

* Abdullahi Mohammed

* Gbolade Osinowo

* Chief Mike Aiyegbeni Oghiadomhe

* Jones Arogbofa

* Abba Kyari

Yea, you most definitely were asking why I was listing strange names until you finally saw a familiar one, Abba Kyari.
You still have not figured out who those other people listed above are, have you? Okaaay, you know Abba Kyari is the Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari. So what then links him with others? I know what you're thinking; 'they are also Cabal members'. Wrong, they are all Chiefs of Staff to past Nigerian Presidents since 1999 to date. It just happens one of them is too powerful today, thus, very popular.

So often have Nigerians complained about the ''alleged fact'' that the President Muhammadu Buhari's government has been hijacked by a ''Cabal''. Before now, in National politics, when you hear the word ''Cabal'', your mind will race to the ''Class of 66" according to FFK. (You know the surviving members of that class, I can't tell you).

Today, things have changed, at least ''The Wife of The President'' agrees with me on that. Mrs Buhari revealed that a certain set of people have taken her husband's government hostage. Mrs Buhari's outburst confirmed our suspicion that the president may not really be having a strong grip on his government. The president's wife voiced her displeasure over what she termed ''undue influence of The Cabal over the President''. She went ahead to threaten that if such an overbearing influence continues, she would not support the President by 2019, ''if he decides to run again''. I'm sure you all know the President's response to her allegations. His response was actually a national anthem. cheesy

That incident followed a series of events. Worthy of mention are; the Twitter post by the vocal Senator, Shehu Sani. Sahara Reporters' reportage on how the ''Cabal'' prevented the President's wife from seeing him, while he was battling an undisclosed ailment in London. Timi Frank's accusations that the government was hijacked and a host of others. (Feel free to add those you remember)

Incidents that proof that sensitive decisions were taken on the President's behind

- 2016 budget was submitted with a lot of changes(padding) made outside the President's knowledge. A situation which drew wide controversy with the President stating vehemently that he had no knowledge changes were made and had to withdraw the already submitted budget for correction. That is not only embarrassing, but shows a man who lacks the control over happenings in his administration.

- Babachir Lawal's statement just when he was told by State House Reporters that he had been relieved of his duty. With a wry of smile on his face, he asked ''Who is the Presidency''. I don't need to explain the implication of that statement. But if you think I should, then I think you should be in the ''Jokes'' section, as this section is matured adults.

- NNPC GMD's alleged ''illegal'' contracts awards to the tune of $26 Billion in the Ministry through which the President heads. And subsequent non interaction with his immediate subordinate, the Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu. If the latter had not leaked his letter to the press, the President wouldn't have given him his audience. We are talking about the two Ministers of petroleum, yet the one had/has no access to the other. There is a rumour that Kachikwu didn't really meet with the President in person. Rumours have it that he was made to meet the man ''in charge of things'', Abba Kyari.

- The removal of an AIT State House Correspondent from the Villa. The President later ordered that the reporter be restored and feigned ignorance of the whole incident. There are a moot of incidents of this calibre. I will just skip to the grand one.

- The reinstatement of Abdulrasheed Maina with security details from the Secret Service, otherwise known as the DSS. this is a broad topic that this poster will definitely write broadly on soon. So let's leave at that. (Still, add those events you think fit in here)

The above obvious errors of omission point to two things:

1. Either the President is not in control of things
Or
2. He just does not care how things play out in his government. In either situation, it does not make a good leader.

Now back to Abba Kyari.

I read comment here concerning the President's directive that the Head of Service submitted the response to the query given her by the President himself to ''The Chief of Staff''. Someone had asked why would the President ask the HoS to submit her response to the Chief of Staff. That was and still is a valid question; Why should a Federal Civil Servant who doubles as the Head of Service be subjected to an Ordinary aid? The response from one of the popular Buhari's loyalist shocked me. I will not mention any name not to give such a person undue recognition.
The young man/woman (You can't tell a person's actual sex on a faceless forum) said that, the Chief of Staff is the only way to the President and can NEVER be bypassed. Much like the Bible describes Jesus Christ.

Let me shock you all. Did you know that Former President Musa Yar'dua (may his soul rest in peace) operated without a Chief of Staff for about 2years? (2008-2010). More shockingly is that, he had inherited the Chief of Staff who served Obasanjo from 1999, Abdullahi Mohammed. Mohammed served as Chief of Staff to Obasanjo in the latter's two terms. When Yar'dua came to power in 2007, he left him there, but reduced his office to a mere messenger like it should be. In 2008, Mohammed could not withstand the supposed neglect and resigned. Till Yar'dua's unfortunate demise in 2010, he never appointed any other Chief of Staff. It is safe to say that Yar'dua never had a Chief of Staff. Now, Was his government not functional? Your guess is as good as mine.

Before Abba Kyari, no one really knew who were the past Chiefs of Staff to the past Presidents. Jonathan changed his Chiefs of Staff thrice. And no one heard any news. Today, Abba Kyari is the most powerful person in Nigeria politics. Whereas, he is meant to be an ordinary chief messenger.

These events, situations and incidents show that the President may not be in control of things in the Villa.

Cc. Seun Lalasticlala
All those bloggers copying my opinions without credit, be warned!!! wink
wink wink
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by BankeSmalls(f): 7:20pm On Oct 29, 2017
grin
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by hyfr(m): 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Things can never get right in Nigeria, even if a pastor becomes the president, he will still loot. They made that seat in a way that you can loot as u want and nobody says a word. I suggest, if possible every dime that this nation has should be made accountable on a daily basis and contracts awarded should be reviewed thoroughly, but what do I know?
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by SweetWJ(m): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
He has never been the one controlling affairs even his military days in power. Ask Yakubu Gowon
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by Paperwhite(m): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Buhari have never been in charge in all the capacities he have served in any government.Cabal always make the decision for him but unfortunately he never takes the blame.
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by aolawale025: 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2017
When the head is lazy and inept. He tends to over-delegate and that makes the subordinates run rings around him.

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
hyfr:
Things can never get right in Nigeria, even if a pastor becomes the president, he will still loot. They made that seat in a way that you can loot as u want and nobody says a word. I suggest, if possible every dime that this nation has should be made accountable on a daily basis and contracts awarded should be reviewed thoroughly, but what do I know?
There are countries that do not practice democracy and do not follow rule of law, yet they have Nuclear weapons, e.g, North Korea.
We should not wait to be bullied into doing what is right.
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 7:49pm On Oct 29, 2017
SweetWJ:
He has never been the one controlling affairs even his military days in power. Ask Yakubu Gowon
Okay, now I am confused. Ask Yakubu Gowon?
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
Paperwhite:
Buhari have never been in charge in all the capacities he have served in any government.Cabal always make the decision for him but unfortunately he never takes the blame.
I realise he always finds a way to feign ignorance. That's a bad leadership quality

1 Like

Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by hyfr(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Axelrod:

There are countries that do not practice democracy and do not follow rule of law, yet they have Nuclear weapons, e.g, North Korea.
We should not wait to be bullied into doing what is right.
so you think it's better we start that style of government, it's going to be cool though. Anyone who faults in his post should be eliminated asap. One more thing, Nigeria makes political positions look lucrative, there are some countries where people don't even struggle to become senators,or hold other political positions, reason being that it's not lucrative or it's an excruciating task
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by Axelrod(m): 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2017
hyfr:
so you think it's better we start that style of government, it's going to be cool though. Anyone who faults in his post should be eliminated asap
Lol. They say the worst Democratic government is better than the best Autocratic/Military government.

With the turn of events in Nigeria now, I don't know what to believe.
Re: Why President Buhari May Truly Not Be In Charge In Aso Rock -Axelrod by hyfr(m): 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Axelrod:

Lol. They say the worst Democratic government is better than the best Autocratic/Military government.

With the turn of events in Nigeria now, I don't know what to believe.
there was a thread on NL which was talking about how Japan fixed a divided road under six days, other people were asked how long it was going to take their govt to do the same, the answers were hilarious, now i don't really know the type of govt practiced in most of theses Asian countries but I think it's good

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Election: Electorates Not In Sight At Ogidi - Pics / PDP Chairman: Secondus Decries Attack, Blackmail / Gov Fayose Visits Drinking Joint In Ado-ekiti To Celebrate The Yuletide (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.