Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,631 members, 7,851,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:47 PM

The Marriage Rush - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Marriage Rush (572 Views)

My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / NLC Strike Stops The Marriage Of Couple In Lagos / My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Marriage Rush by Queerlyshrewd: 5:36am On Oct 31, 2017
There might be a little of resentment but you'll have to forgive it,Its how i feel. Why are people supposed to get married? To have kids? We live in a generation where that can happen without marriage.
For security reasons?? This one makes me a little sick.
Because we are expected to? Are we??
I dont have a problem with marriage.. I think its a very beautiful thing.
When i see couples lyk Stephen & Alyesha Curry, Dwayne & Gabrielle Wade, JayZ & Beyonce, Kanye & Kim West

( has any1 noticed Kanye smiles mostly only wen hez with Kim?)...

Im almost tempted to want to get married... Almost...The problem is that i dont think we do it right. I dont think we get married for the right reasons. (Believe me i'm down for anything as long as its for the right reasons). And a lotta people dont get married for the right reasons.."Time is not on my side", "Im getting very close to 30", "There's pressure from my family", "My mom is asking for grandchildren", "All my friends/sisters have gotten married", "I dont want any other woman to catch his eye( as if marriage ever stopped them), "we love each other na", "we've been together for so long, he/she has done so much for me, it wont be fair if i dont marry him/her" ( is it now a reward?)... Did i leave anyone out?

First i will say this "MARRIAGE IS NOT AN ACHIEVEMENT NEITHER IS IT A REWARD"...Read that.. Read it again... Let it sink in...Hes not doing you favour by marrying you... No wayyy no...
That settled, lets talk further.
Do any of these above mentioned reasons qualify as your reason for getting married?? Then we just might have a problem. All of those are silly reasons to get married.
1st off,I don't think anyone should be in a hurry to get married.

Everyone should have the desire to see the world 1st.. Test your limits... Know yourself... See ur worst and best... After this adventure you can talk bout marriage because then you just might be more sure bout the persom you're choosing. Thats the thing bout Miley&Liam_ she went off the rails crazy and after all that adventure, she knew it was him she wanted. She was sure, I think..

Everyone needs a lil of that CrazyMiley phase. Get married to someone because you love em And you cant imagine your life with anybody else.
When you meet the person that makes you laugh, that loves you and makes sure you know it, someone that even when you're pissed at em;you still wanna see them... Someone who makes you feel special And then you can say to yourself; this is the face i wanna wake up to, i want this voice in my ears all the time, i want all of you forever... Then you can marry the person because you irrevocably, irreversibly love them,Nothing else .

For me... I want someone who's ready to grow old with me.. I dont wanna marry for the sake of it. No thank you. If you cant give me the kind of love Nick Sparks writes about, then keep your ring to yourself. I aint interested And y'all shouldnt be too. if you have no plan to give me this kind of love Then please keep your marriage to yourself. This is important because i dont believe in divorces... Love me now, love me forever...

http://queerlyshrewd..com
Re: The Marriage Rush by QueenSekxy(f): 5:39am On Oct 31, 2017
abeg make we hear word. . mtchew undecided
Re: The Marriage Rush by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 31, 2017
Somebody throw this trash in the garbage can. undecided

(1) (Reply)

An Eye Contact Works Even Without Saying A Word To Her / Exclusively For Men Only / Advice For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.