Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,056 members, 7,810,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA (15738 Views)

DSS Warns Public Against Dealing With Sacked DG, Daura / Ayo Oke Jets out of Nigeria ahead of EFCC trial / Nigerians React To The Suspension Of SGF Lawal & NIA DG Ayo Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by NaijaCelebrity: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2017
Here are seven things you should know about the sacked Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ambassador Ayo Oke, who was relieved of his duty today by President Muhammadu Buhari:

1. Ambassador Ayo Oke was sacked as the Director General of Nigeria's National Intelligence Agency (NIA) by President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, October 30, 2017.

2. Amb. Oke was appointed DG NIA by then President Goodluck Jonathan on November 7, 2013. He succeeded Ezekiel Olaniyi Oladeji.

3. He hails from Oyo State.

4. He studied economics and political science at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia in the United States.

5. He was previously the Director (Regions) at the headquarters of the NIA, before his appointment to head the agency.

6. Ambassador Oke is a career diplomat who was formerly at the Commonwealth Secretariat in London.

7. In April 2017, he was suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari after Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) officials raided an apartment at Osborne Towers in Ikoyi, Lagos (which he later described as a ‘safe house’) and found US$43.4 million, and nearly £27,800 and some N23million Naira ($75,000) at the empty flat.

http://gidifeed.com/7-things-know-sacked-dg-nia-ambassador-ayo-oke/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by iamdebby2222(f): 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Wow!!! FTC.
I'm dedicating dis to every good Nigerian here.

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Louis03: 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Noted

1 Like

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by WebSurfer(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lost all hopes on Nigeria...

Every f-ucking politician or apointee here is extremely corrupt way worse than we see.

A case of you must not get caught but if you do, get sacked without prosecution.(dont talk me about these eye service justice system or investigators)

They all got their hands stained one way or the other so they know the lines they cant cross.

See whats going on with Trump's aides in America
That's how it's done. You get caught, you face consequences or at least proper investigations to reveal everyone involved

5 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Firstcitizen: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
One of the unlucky thieves
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by davodyguy: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
ok

I was wondering why he has the ambassador tag
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Sirheny007(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
His profile is of little use to me.

A criminal sacked by a criminal.
End of story.
angry

7 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Daslim180(m): 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
See him belle like wetin dem cave..... Odaran (Criminal). That doesn't makes Buhari a saint. I never said I am a saint too oo grin
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Ovie56(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
most important thing you should know now.. he's sacked
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
OK, so?
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
undecided And with all these lies no prosecution

May jubril die a painful die
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by otijah(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Time to appoint another notherner Asap

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Pavore9: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Our system is so porous.
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by clemmonce(m): 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nothing worth taking note of
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by anudking: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
hmmmmn,a diplomat who heads an intelligence agency
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by stefanweeks: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
Good riddance
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by BornAgainMay: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
n
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Odingo1: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hypocricy of SW, they wont kick. shocked cool shocked
Jonathan appointed most of them but Buhari appointed only northerners.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Daboomb: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
Tell us something we dont already know please!

And Moderator brought this watery thread to the front page? angry angry
SMH
undecided undecided
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Obalomerue: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
A rill amrober .
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Sava4: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
cool
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Raymysterio(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
So?
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Chigold101(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Strobe(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
All i see is a fat bufoon!
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by jamace(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
All we know about him is that he is a criminal, caught red handed and sacked by Buhari. Period.
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Dandsome: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
And this is on Frontpage?

If you're disappointed in this post, see this link. It's far better than reading something we already know.

https://www.nairaland.com/4148814/10-ways-look-busy-office
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by ReneeNuttall(f): 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
He already saw it coming. So it wasn't strange to him.Safe house my foot.If he was innocent as he claimed to be,why didn't he keep the money in the bank?.
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by BornAgainMay: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
iamdebby2222:
Wow!!! FTC.
I'm dedicating dis to every good Nigerian here.

No vex oo

that your yash, is it Silicon or big yash for real?

I wish I can Wet my Roaster in it...

Anyway, Congrats for your success in becoming first to comment. We, the honourable team of Nairaland will be looking into making you a Mod before this year runs out.
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by chloride6: 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Choi them for allow this man do complete 4 years na. Just 8 days to go.
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by forghon: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
And pple will ignore who oke replaced and who appointed oke. Had it bn is one shehu replaced by abba appointed by buhari by now grammar for dn full everywhere. #justsaying
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by aolawale025: 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
They said the guy was very brilliant. Till this dollar episode when he had to take the fall. We haven't heard his side till today
Re: Ayo Oke: 7 Things You Should Know About The Sacked DG NIA by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
8.) He presided over a sham government agency called the NIA for years before he was fired.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Ready To Speak As Pressure Mounts On Tinubu Over Chicago Saga / 20 Great Oscar Wilde Quotes For Our Political Times / Diezani’s ‘cousin’, Donald Chidi-Amamgbo Arrested By EFCC Over Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.