Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League (6300 Views)

My Experience Watching A Live Local League Match / Commentator Addresses Peter Rufai As ‘Late’ During Libya Vs Nigeria / Peter Rufai's Car Bashed By American Embassy Officials Who Pursued Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by oshozondii: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Former Nigerian goalkeeper, Peter Rufai has called on the Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr to beef up the team with some crop of home base players with the withdrawal of some of the foreign-based players from the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin and Lesotho.

Recall that Almeria’s Umar Sadiq, FC Leganes defender,Umar Sadiq, and Nantes winger, Simone Moses have been prevented by their respective clubs to honour the make or mar games due to the Covid-19 travel ban imposed by some countries in Europe.

With just a few days to the crucial games against the Squirrels of Benin and Crocodile of Lesotho, Rufai in a chat with Completesports stated that the withdrawal of some of the foreign-based players should signal the need for Rohr to focus more on Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) to search for quality players.

“It has gotten to a stage where the Super Eagles must pay attention to the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) to discover players that he feels may be good for the team.

“The sudden withdrawal of some of the foreign-based players due to covid-19 travel ban is not their doing but a sign that the German tactician must focus on our league. Don’t be surprised if more players withdraw from the games because of this reason and we will be left with few players to prosecute the Benin and Lesotho games.

“I am quite delighted that he has invited a few players from the league but I just hope he will learn from this and try to include the domestic players in his team. I certainly believe Nigeria will qualify for the bi-annual tournament.”
https://www.completesports.com/breaking-afcon-qualifiers-withdrawal-of-foreign-based-players-sign-that-rohr-must-begin-to-focus-on-local-league-rufai/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Animator12: 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
I create/design professional ANIMATIONS to advertise your business. motion graphics, 2d animations, I also design flyers, logos, etc. Contact me on whatsapp via 0 9 0 6 4 4 5 8 1 0 9

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by nonhuman(m): 3:16pm On Mar 20, 2021
Y
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Decemberist306: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Okay
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by fourboys: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
u are completely right on this sir... dat man too like foreign based players

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Balkan(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
Dodo mayana

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Biyonce(f): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
Is it by force
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by NwaNimo1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by tillaman(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2021
Well said Mr Rufai, we have tons of players that are hungry for that opportunity
They would do anything to prove themselves instead Rohr will be going after people wey don chop belleful, Alex iwobi and co
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by BitcoinChef: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Is a good idea
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Tolu181: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Biyonce:
Is it by force
mumu

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Cutecharlz(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
I totally agree with Peter Rufia. We should start playing some of our home base players in the Nigerian football team.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by merits(m): 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2021
cheesy I don't know why we don't believe in our local players.we too value anything foreign.we shouldn't be afraid to loose but to build a very strong future team

4 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by ayinde2020: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
really, it's true
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by momodub: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Good idea
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Why is his face pixelated?

[img]https://media./images/49f21106c8bba2fbc2a0cc08d18bb506/tenor.gif[/img]

He survived smallpox growing up

The pixels on his face (the photo is not very clear, but it still shows the remnants of the pox)...are actually leftovers from an attack of smallpox that he had growing up

You don't see smallpox anymore these days....that's because thanks to mass vaccination, it was eliminated as a human disease by 1978. Now only exists in very secure labs...in petridishes...in the US and Russia.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by NwaNimo1(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Subsidybad21:

He survived smallpox growing up

Ohhh.....no offense.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Preshbest: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
It is well
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by WibusJaga: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Yes, only for the sake of the Covid-19 travel ban.

Theboy21:
Our Local team players wey dey struggle to play common small African countries
Right. Problem is any local player who is considered good immediately starts thinking of moving abroad. So we'll always end up with 2nd-rate players at home.

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Got some info for you, check my siggy
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Kinzo0917(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
I concur with rufai. Now that most of d foreign based players won't be avialable due to no one fault, I believe it is right time d coach looks inward.Looking inward means d coach watching more of our local league. I believe there are untapped talents here in our local league that can displaced our so called foreign based players

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Monogamy: 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
Why not change this Okro coach

1 Like

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
NwaNimo1:

Ohhh.....no offense.

None taken. I doubt anyone under the age of 40 has seen a case of smallpox in his or her life...maybe someone over the age of 50 can recall one. Smallpox is something you see in textbooks...and very old ones at that.
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
When the foreign base players com back to feature in their respective countries,them go carry injuries go back to their clubs.Na the clubs go dey spend money to treat their injuries.Their countries will abandon them

2 Likes

Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by adesegun121(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Kaydans(m): 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
Joysticks:
When the foreign base players com back to feature in their respective countries,them go carry injuries go back to their clubs.Na the clubs go dey spend money to treat their injuries.Their countries will abandon them

Playing for ones country is a always a dream to players.
If clubs mattered more, why do they kill themselves to perform well so as to get a national call up?
Re: Peter Rufai: Rohr Must Begin To Focus On Local League by Theboy21: 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Our Local team players wey dey struggle to play common small African countries cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Lionel Messi’s Pictures With A Blonde Stripper Was Photoshopped / Nigerian Scored Great Goal (video) / Daily Football Picks By Mumels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.