Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement (19796 Views)

Nasarawa Police Arrest Fake Corps Member In NYSC Camp / Osun State Paid Corp Members Their State Allawee!! / Why Is It Challenging For Corpers To Save N10k From N19,800 Allawee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
chloride6:
You guys waited too long.

How can a small group of people mess with nearly 2000 graduates?

This is quite sad as there is very little you can do now.

If you had at least 3 months, you could write a strongly worded letter to the DG of the NYSC, the Governor's office and one national daily along with the signatures of the all affected corpers.

thing is the money ain't paid monthly
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
kingphilip:
for those of you referencing TOTO sha..

this is to let you know that there's a local government in Nasarawa State known as Nasarawa Toto

so make una take note and study your 774 local governments the more
no mind them they dunno our 'toto London '
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 7:50pm On Nov 01, 2017
mranova:
Same thing Happened during my time in Nasarawa. We had to barricade Keffi to Abuja road on POP day before we were answered. What a sad story...#For Nasarawa for Nasarawa, Kopa no dey rest!
u know this
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by innytee: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2017
NasarawaCorper:
Please don't just read and ignore. Lalasticlala, your brothers are here suffering. Please help us. Seun we beckon on you. Nairalanders please comment and suggest what should be done. Airforce1, Madridguy, TonyeBarcanista, HungerBad IamJ you people should give an input. Terrible things are happening here.
with this thread making FP, I know it will surely help resolve this problem.......... Lalasticlala keep t
he thread running. JUSTICE MUST BE DONE!
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by nelklyn(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
I served at Dadere, OBI LGA, Nasarawa state 2012 batch A, ask anyone that served back then, they wanted to do the same to us but if I remember correctly it was #4000 per month that they were to pay, which they refused to pay.

What we did was to mobilize batch A corpers serving in Nasarawa to the ministry of education a day before our CO, locked up the ministry and blocked the Lafia-abuja road the next morning for hours. We all refused to tender our ID cards by not collecting our certificates. NYSC officials came pleading but we refused and demanded to see the governor of Nasarawa state.

Now this wasn't easy as we had to at some point fight off the locals within that area, motorists and even some civil defense officers who attacked us with sticks, stones, bottles and other objects. Some police officers were sent down by the state to the spot to try to calm the situation, they pleaded with us but we refused, they ran away when fight started.

We held our grounds and eventually after about 2 hours the deputy governor showed up with his security details and pleaded with us to unblock the road. Then we demanded that our state allowance should be brought in a bullion van within the next one hour into the ministry else we would block the road again and this time start destroying properties inside the ministry.

At exactly five minutes past the 1 hour deadline, the bullion van drove into the ministry with our money and we got paid before going to collect our certificates.

Remember that you guys need your ID cards in order to claim the state allowance, once you guys give it up by collecting your certificates, you have no claim to that allowance. Problem now is whether you guys are that organized and united to carryout such protests.

For most of us, it wasn't just about the money but our rights, given that we were entitled to that payment as stated by the state government
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by HungerBAD: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2017
NasarawaCorper:
Please don't just read and ignore. Lalasticlala, your brothers are here suffering. Please help us. Seun we beckon on you. Nairalanders please comment and suggest what should be done. Airforce1, Madridguy, TonyeBarcanista, HungerBad IamJ you people should give an input. Terrible things are happening here.

Copy of your petition/write up has been forwarded.

Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by theSpark(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2017
I doubt if you'll get paid. Many staff of Nasarawa state government haven't yet been paid September salaries.

There's no harm in trying sha, I wish you the best.
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by SKhanmi: 9:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
From experience, nothing will come out of your protest, it might even be detrimental to you people. Don't forget you're just starting your life and these people have been there ruling and manipulating things before you arrived in that state. So just collect your federal allowance and go. Don't come and get killed, wounded or get extensions because of that amount of money. You are nobody as far as they as concerned

You want to change things? join politics and come back to right the wrongs you've experienced. Congrats again.
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by LalataG: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
The attention of the NYSC Management in Nasarawa state has been drawn to an unfortunate write-up in the social media indicating that top NYSC staff connived with the State ministry of Education to embezzle allowances meant for corps teachers in government schools. This is quite disheartening to the NYSC considering the frantic efforts of the state Coordinator and her mgt team at persuading the ministry to pay the outstanding arrears. Discouraging as the write-up may sound, we shall not renege in our effort until all affected corps members are paid .
For purpose of record straightening, it becomes expedient to state that NYSC role in the payment of corps Teachers' allowances in govt schs ends with our submission of corps teachers' lists to the State ministry of Education and thereafter it becomes the responsibility of the ministry to prepare vouchers and practically undertake payments at it's discretion.
Corps Welfare remains the mainstay of every NYSC staff. We shall at all times continue to play the role of parents to every Corps member.
The writer of the said article and indeed any other corps member is at liberty to cross-facts at the NYSC secretariat before embarking on sensational journalism. Your security and welfare remain our unflinching goal. SC, NYSC Nasarawa.
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by kingphilip(m): 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oluwainnie:

you really know there?

BTW I left ogun state last year
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Olumaeme: 10:36pm On Nov 01, 2017
How are you sure this money was actually released by the state government, because Nassarawa state is even owning their workers, you are talking about paying corpers.
Moreso, the law establishing NYSC did not mandate any state to pay anybody, so on what ground are you going to fight?

Most states in Nigeria are currently not paying corpers even though some of them do before...
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
kingphilip:
you really know there?
yes I do, I served at Wamba, while my friend served at toto
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2017
kingphilip:
you really know there?
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by kingphilip(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oluwainnie:

I base in Nasarawa state sha

But I served in ogun

We just switched then
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
kingphilip:
I base in Nasarawa state sha
But I served in ogun
We just switched then
lol... yeah
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by kingphilip(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
Oluwainnie:

lol... yeah
how's ogun state now
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 11:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
kingphilip:
how's ogun state now
not bad. what part of nasarawa are you staying
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by youngzeal1: 11:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
Even in ebonyi state,,, shi shi nver enter my account as pa sai state allawie.....
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by engrhegzy(m): 12:34am On Nov 02, 2017
I have been expecting this to come up long before now, serving corp members in Nasarawa State need to carry out a peaceful protest to the state house so that the governor will be aware of what is happening under his nose. Batch B stream 1 corp members are yet to receive their full payment and they are passing out today, Batch B stream 2 who are passing out by December 14 have not even received a dime. The fate of Batch A stream 1&2 might be a story if drastic measures is not taken, other corp members serving in other sectors aside education sector do receive their state allowance monthly while will education sector be different.
PLEASE THE HON. COMMISSIONER FOR EDUCATION NASARAWA STATE Come to the aid of corp members serving under your ministry..
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by hadedayor10(m): 1:39am On Nov 02, 2017
Oluwainnie:

Abi oooo
I still remembered the name Toto from camp in keffi.
Everybody want to go to TOTO thinking there is free Toto there haaaahaaa

For nasarawa; for nasarawa copper no dey rest.
For my own Ministry of works in Lafia na every month my state allawee dey drop.....
I serious feel for fellow copper in school cos na them dey work pass and it sadden they don't appreciate their effort by paying them their state allowance.
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by hadedayor10(m): 1:48am On Nov 02, 2017
engrhegzy:
I have been expecting this to come up long before now, serving corp members in Nasarawa State need to carry out a peaceful protest to the state house so that the governor will be aware of what is happening under his nose. Batch B stream 1 corp members are yet to receive their full payment and they are passing out today, Batch B stream 2 who are passing out by December 14 have not even received a dime. The fate of Batch A stream 1&2 might be a story if drastic measures is not taken, other corp members serving in other sectors aside education sector do receive their state allowance monthly while will education sector be different.
PLEASE THE HON. COMMISSIONER FOR EDUCATION NASARAWA STATE Come to the aid of corp members serving under your ministry..
I feel for the coppers in education sector cos na them dey work pass ooooo.
Every month I dey collect my state allawee from my Ministry works mostly 2nd or 3rd week of the month.
I hope they look into it for the education sector cos it MALICE as our camp commander do say in camp then. lol
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by kingphilip(m): 4:23am On Nov 02, 2017
Oluwainnie:

not bad. what part of nasarawa are you staying
the mararaba axis

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Nissybright(m): 8:07am On Nov 02, 2017
That's why I liked Anambra, I was paid 30,000 after the first three months for state allawee.. And they have began to pay us 8,500 monthly.. Gov Willie Obiano is working.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by mranova(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2017
Oluwainnie:

u know this
Yes I do. You served there too?
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by GudPpleG8Nation(m): 10:23am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by Oluwainnie(f): 10:47am On Nov 02, 2017
mranova:
Yes I do. You served there too?
yes I did
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by mranova(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
Oluwainnie:

yes I did

Oh great, Nice to meet you here. #NasarawaKopa.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by engrhegzy(m): 10:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
hadedayor10:

I feel for the coppers in education sector cos na them dey work pass ooooo.
Every month I dey collect my state allawee from my Ministry works mostly 2nd or 3rd week of the month.
I hope they look into it for the education sector cos it MALICE as our camp commander do say in camp then. lol

This is more than MALICE this is TORTURE, WICKEDNESS. Please they should look into it and pay us our money monthly we don't want it compounded anymore..
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by hadedayor10(m): 2:38am On Nov 03, 2017
engrhegzy:

This is more than MALICE this is TORTURE, WICKEDNESS. Please they should look into it and pay us our money monthly we don't want it compounded anymore..
I pray they look into it boss
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by moshuur(m): 6:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
micflo28:
OP forget this fight and move on with your life. I served in nasarawa in a private schools, I taught 6 subjects yet I wasn't paid a dime asides the federal govt allowance. That was 2015. once you drop your I.d card tomorrow you are done for good with nysc and no proof to ur claims anymore.
pls would u recommend nassarawa for a pcm..(u know pcm will av to choose northern states)
Re: Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement by micflo28(m): 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
moshuur:

pls would u recommend nassarawa for a pcm..(u know pcm will av to choose northern states)
Yes, Nasarawa is okay because of its proximity to abuja. But don't go farther than Keffi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your NYSC Camp First Day Experience / JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life / A Corpers Personal Charity Foundation Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.