Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party (7234 Views)

Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / Police Intercepts 850 Cutlasses Smuggled Into Katsina By Political Party / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by meexteriox(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2010
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has formed a new political party - DEMOCRATIC FRONT for a PEOPLE'S FEDERATION.
He gave the target of the party as the reformation of the electoral structure, saying, "I don't know if Iwu wants to bribe
me. Suddenly, he registered the party. But the first thing on our agenda is to remove him."
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2010
meexteriox:

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has formed a new political party - DEMOCRATIC FRONT for a PEOPLE'S FEDERATION.
He gave the target of the party as the reformation of the electoral structure, saying, "I don't know if Iwu wants to bribe
me. Suddenly, he registered the party. But the first thing on our agenda is to remove him."
lol

Politics is sweet sha
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by presido1: 8:45am On Mar 18, 2010
Source pls.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 18, 2010
soyinka will be better off as an opposition because critics dont do well in government.they tend to be worse than the main politicians in the end.that was the reason for his failure as a former frsc chairman.politics is not a game for critics to play
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by ucnduka(f): 8:55am On Mar 18, 2010
he should leave politics for the politicians and stick to his activism. Infact, in the real sense, he cannot remove iwu, He can only agitate for it. I dont believe this.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

soyinka will be better off as an opposition because critics dont do well in government.they tend to be worse than the main politicians in the end.that was the reason for his failure as a former frsc chairman.politics is not a game for critics to play
you can be an opposition through a political party
he doesnt necessarily mean he wants to contest for presidency!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

you can be an opposition through a political party
he doesnt necessarily mean he wants to contest for presidency!!
soyinka is not an opposition politician but an a CRITIC.and you know what critics do,they criticize everything about government.if you want to know,imagine soyinka becoming the president of nigeria and you will find out that it takes more than carrying placards to rule a country
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by meexteriox(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2010
@Presido1 - The Punch Newspaper, page 9, March-wednessday 17, 2010.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 9:09am On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

soyinka is not an opposition politician but an a CRITIC.and you know what critics do,they criticize everything about government.if you want to know,imagine soyinka becoming the president of nigeria and you will find out that it takes more than carrying placards to rule a country
sorry, he just formed a political party
meaning he wants to be an opposition

its not bad. like i said, he has no plans to rule but to oppose whatever rubbish the rulling party is dishing out
according to the post ( no link tho), the first objective is removing Iwu which is laudable
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by otokx(m): 9:14am On Mar 18, 2010
This is a wrong move.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

sorry, he just formed a political party
meaning he wants to be an opposition

its not bad. like i said, he has no plans to rule but to oppose whatever rubbish the rulling party is dishing out
according to the post ( no link tho), the first objective is removing Iwu which is laudable
if you dont know what the objectives of a political party is,let me gist you.the main reason for formimg a political is to provide people in occupy public offices.soyinka doesnt need a party to remove iwu from office.i think he's using his opposition to iwu as inec chairman to canvass support for his supposed party.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

if you dont know what the objectives of a political party is,let me gist you.the main reason for formimg a political is to provide people in occupy public offices.soyinka doesnt need a party to remove iwu from office.i think he's using his opposition to iwu as inec chairman to canvass support for his supposed party.
Bluetooth i went to school and i understand this very well
if Soyinka has decided to be partisan, then ill commend him for not sitting on the fence.

You can only have an impact when ure involved directly and not by throwing comments from abroad. I know Soyinka would not seek for an elective post but like you said, some members of his party if they want can contest elections. If they win and become members of the house, then their opposition agenda will be easy to achieve. You cannot change policies, oppose unfriendly govt manouverings if youre a critic but you can if you positioned in the rightplace to influence decisions. we need good people in government and if we dont support genuine interests from good people, then why are we slating and condemning Yaradua and co?
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by otawa: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2010
Good Idea but wrong COUNTRY!

Uncle Wole needs to wake up.

Nigeria is cash-carry politics with GODFATHERS.

The only possibility is if GOODLUCK wants to write his name in GOLD by conducting FREE-FAIR election.

But he cannot as he was put there by his own CABAL!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2010
Good talk Otawa

my sentiments too
but we need to join hands and free this country of demons
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

Bluetooth i went to school and i understand this very well
if Soyinka has decided to be partisan, then ill commend him for not sitting on the fence.

You can only have an impact when ure involved directly and not by throwing comments from abroad. I know Soyinka would not seek for an elective post but like you said, some members of his party if they want can contest elections. If they win and become members of the house, then their opposition agenda will be easy to achieve. You cannot change policies, oppose unfriendly govt manouverings if youre a critic but you can if you positioned in the rightplace to influence decisions. we need good people in government and if we dont support genuine interests from good people, then why are we slating and condemning Yaradua and co?
i used to know fani kayode as a very strong critic of obasanjo regime but immediately he was appointed as special adviser to obj on media affairs,he changed totally;as if that was not enough,he was appointed minister for aviation due to his undying loyalty to obj.so what happened along the line,where did put the ideas he once had.the fact still remain that we need social critics who are not partisan to neutralize the polity.gani fawehinmi tried to contest election in 2003 and he lost.he left politics and go back to what he used to be.you can canvass for the change you want even as a non -politician because in the long run,partisan critics get induced and become corrupted by conventional politicians
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 9:58am On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i used to know fani kayode as a very strong critic of obasanjo regime but immediately he was appointed as special adviser to obj on media affairs,he changed totally;as if that was not enough,he was appointed minister for aviation due to his undying loyalty to obj.so what happened along the line,where did put the ideas he once had.the fact still remain that we need social critics who are not partisan to neutralize the polity.gani fawehinmi tried to contest election in 2003 and he lost.he left politics and go back to what he used to be.you can canvass for the change you want even as a non -politician because in the long run,partisan critics get induced and become corrupted by conventional politicians
Those who know Fani knows him to always sing and dance to a tune when it favours him and criticises when hes left out
Soyinka isnt like that.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by ojimboIV: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2010
otawa:

Good Idea but wrong COUNTRY!

Uncle Wole needs to wake up.

Nigeria is cash-carry politics with GODFATHERS.

The only possibility is if GOODLUCK wants to write his name in GOLD by conducting FREE-FAIR election.

But he cannot as he was put there by his own CABAL!

i'd honestly want to know members of this 'cabal' you are talking about.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

Those who know Fani knows him to always sing and dance to a tune when it favours him and criticises when hes left out
Soyinka isnt like that.
who told you soyinka was different.he once betrayed his principle when he was appointed as frsc board chairman by the babangida before his eyes opened and he resigned.he noticed the injustice of a sysytem he was part of which is why he resigned
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 10:22am On Mar 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

who told you soyinka was different.he once betrayed his principle when he was appointed as frsc board chairman by the babangida before his eyes opened and he resigned.he noticed the injustice of a sysytem he was part of which is why he resigned
you just answered urself
he resigned!!!

did Fani resign? NO .

And now Soyinka is not seeking to join the present rubbish but become a source for checks and balances in the system
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2010
tkb417:

you just answered urself
he resigned!!!

did Fani resign? NO .

And now Soyinka is not seeking to join the present rubbish but become a source for checks and balances in the system
why in the first instance did soyinka took an appointment from babangida.if i may ask you how can you guarantee that the check and balances will not translate to godfatherism on the part of soyinka in the long run.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by experts: 10:35am On Mar 18, 2010
this is a nice idea coming from Mr wole,

we will see if (book) leadership works, i.e if there is any difference between wole and the current politicians
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 18, 2010
experts:

this is a nice idea coming from Mr wole,

we will see if (book) leadership works, i.e if there is any difference between wole and the current politicians
i doubt if oshimhole will go back to activism after tasting the governorship seat.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2010
I don't think Soyinka will want to throw out his legacy to form a corrupt party,  We have CIA agents and my mouth my pocket folks running the yard, we need someone who has his head right and wish Nigeria well. Put Duke and Fashola on the your ticket with grand advises from Soyinka, then Nigeria is on the path to greatness. Soyinka means no harm and the man is fearless and really doesn't have any God father with him. He is a Nigerian legend!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by ud4u: 11:11am On Mar 18, 2010
Lets see how it goes
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by ohisng(m): 11:34am On Mar 18, 2010
I wan join oh!!!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by hustla(m): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2010
I don tok am since i dey secondary sch say na if people like wole soyinka, bishop dvid oyedepo, etc dont form political pes, ill neva vote till i leave this country, i can now vote, grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2010
WELL-DONE WOLE SOYINKA; INDIVIDUALISTIC CRITICISM IS HAS MINIMAL EFFECT BUT PARTY OPPOSITION WITH GROUP ACTIVISM LEADS TO REVOLUTION, NICE STRATEGY

CIA CANT SWING NIGERIA POLITICS TO ANOTHER WING IF THERE IS NO UNION OF CRITICS, LIKE A FORMIDABLE PARTY FORMED BY THE OPPOSITION, THIS PART WILL BE THE BEST PLATFORM FOR USA/UK GOVERNMENT WITH AID OF CIA TO PUSH NIGERIA TO A FOCUS, NICE STRATEGY

IF WOLE SOYINKA WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT , WHATS WRONG, WHY DO WE WANT HIM TO KEEP CRITICISING LIKE GANI TILL HIS DEATH AND NOTHING HAPPENS, SOYINKA AND ALL INTELLIGENT NIGERIANS SHOULD NOT JUST CRITICISE, LET THEM CONTEST AND RUN EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP, IF FOOLS CAN BE PRESIDENTS WHY CANT INTELLIGENT MEN BE BETTER PRESIDENTS.

NAIRALANDERS, THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by fugocisse: 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2010
this is a good idea from uncle soyinka!, nigeria will stand again.
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2010
LeoMax:

WELL-DONE WOLE SOYINKA; INDIVIDUALISTIC CRITICISM IS HAS MINIMAL EFFECT BUT PARTY OPPOSITION WITH GROUP ACTIVISM LEADS TO REVOLUTION, NICE STRATEGY

CIA CANT SWING NIGERIA POLITICS TO ANOTHER WING IF THERE IS NO UNION OF CRITICS, LIKE A FORMIDABLE PARTY FORMED BY THE OPPOSITION, THIS PART WILL BE THE BEST PLATFORM FOR USA/UK GOVERNMENT WITH AID OF CIA TO PUSH NIGERIA TO A FOCUS, NICE STRATEGY

IF WOLE SOYINKA WANTS TO BE PRESIDENT , WHATS WRONG, WHY DO WE WANT HIM TO KEEP CRITICISING LIKE GANI TILL HIS DEATH AND NOTHING HAPPENS, SOYINKA AND ALL INTELLIGENT NIGERIANS SHOULD NOT JUST CRITICISE, LET THEM CONTEST AND RUN EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP, IF FOOLS CAN BE PRESIDENTS WHY CANT INTELLIGENT MEN BE BETTER PRESIDENTS.

Are you serious? You think CIA and US/UK governments have our best interest on their minds? What's up with the caps? I doubt you are Nigerian sef!!
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by eros(m): 12:29pm On Mar 18, 2010
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for Nigeria. We may not get to the promise land now, but one day, some day we will get there. With Wole Soyinka forming a political party, there is hope for Nigeria. The Elite are about to take over the leadership of this country and get rid of these educated illiterates that have being ruling us for years.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by tkb417(m): 12:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
LeoMax:

good point
Wole Soyinka and others shd come abeg
Re: Wole Soyinka Forms Political Party by TMmoney: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2010
i am liking this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency: It’s Ndigbo’s Turn - Anyaoku / Presidential Election Results In Kogi State - / Shock As Tinubu Attempts To Slap Saraki (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.