Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations (4756 Views)

I Had Battled With 186 Simultaneous Equations Before God Intervened- Adeboye / El Rufai's NBA Invitation And CAMA Laws: Leave Religion Out Of The Equations / Pastor Adeboye Reduces Killings In Nigeria To Equations, Solves The Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by dalaman: 9:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Here are just a few of the many evidences that shows the earth to be young. smiley

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/six-evidences-of-young-earth/

I asked you for scientific evidence NOT pseudo-scientific evidence.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 9:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

A link was cited in that link that addressed your questions. Check it out. wink

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-against-evolution/billions-of-people-in-thousands-of-years/?sitehist=1509826282828
From what i've learnt, in the 20th century there were less than 1 billion humans on earth but due to some factors the population grew at a significant rate to what we have today. This alone makes the basis of your calculation flawed.

Now according to a research by Colin McEvedy and Richard Jones, world's population during 5000bc was 5million, UN report also reveals that it was 5 million.

From your calculation after 900 years(150*6) world's population(during 5-4000bc) would be 128. This is madness.
So...
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2017
dalaman:

I asked you for scientific evidence NOT pseudo-scientific evidence.

I knew you had no argument. cool

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by dalaman: 6:51am On Nov 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I knew you had no argument. cool
You gave me pseudo-scientific jargon that can be found no where else but on the website and you are yarn in dust. I didn't ask you for pseudo-scientific nonsense. I asked you for scientific evidence.

4 king has already shown you how nonsensical your point on the population of the world is.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
4kings:

From what i've learnt, in the 20th century there were less than 1 billion humans on earth but due to some factors the population grew at a significant rate to what we have today. This alone makes the basis of your calculation flawed.

Now according to a research by Colin McEvedy and Richard Jones, world's population during 5000bc was 5million, UN report also reveals that it was 5 million.

From your calculation after 900 years(150*6) world's population(during 5-4000bc) would be 128. This is madness.
So...

I can see that you have chosen to see the evidence through evolution spectacles and not through the Word of God. Below is an excerpt of what is in the link I suggested and it's available to all sincere seekers of the truth who are not swayed by faulty man's interpretation of the evidence.

Billions of People in Thousands of Years?
by Dr. Monty White on September 5, 2006; last featured January 7, 2008

Creationists are often asked, "How is it possible for the earth's population to reach 6.5 billion people if the world is only about 6,000 years old and if there were just two humans in the beginning?" Here is what a little bit of simple arithmetic shows us.

SIMPLE, CONSERVATIVE ARITHMETIC REVEALS CLEAR MATHEMATICAL LOGIC FOR A YOUNG AGE OF THE EARTH.

One Plus One Equals Billions
Let us start in the beginning with one male and one female. Now let us assume that they marry and have children and that their children marry and have children and so on. And let us assume that the population doubles every 150 years. Therefore, after 150 years there will be four people, after another 150 years there will be eight people, after another 150 years there will be sixteen people, and so on. It should be noted that this growth rate is actually very conservative. In reality, even with disease, famines, and natural disasters, the world population currently doubles every 40 years or so.1

After 32 doublings, which is only 4,800 years, the world population would have reached almost 8.6 billion. That's 2 billion more than the current population of 6.5 billion people, which was recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau on March 1, 2006.2 This simple calculation shows that starting with Adam and Eve and assuming the conservative growth rate previously mentioned, the current population can be reached well within 6,000 years.

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-against-evolution/billions-of-people-in-thousands-of-years/?sitehist=1509826282828

It's either you are a biblical creationist or an evolutionist there's nothing like an theist evolutionist. Both prepositions are mutually exclusive. cool

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
dalaman:

You gave me pseudo-scientific jargon that can be found no where else but on the website and you are yarn in dust. I didn't ask you for pseudo-scientific nonsense. I asked you for scientific evidence.

4 king has already shown you how nonsensical your point on the population of the world is.

See the reason we interpret the same evidence differently. Watch the film here===> www.EvolutionvsGod.com

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 7:14pm On Nov 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that you have chosen to see the evidence through evolution spectacles and not through the Word of God. Below is an excerpt of what is in the link I suggested and it's available to all sincere seekers of the truth who are not swayed by faulty man's interpretation of the evidence.

It's either you are a biblical creationist or an evolutionist there's nothing like an theist evolutionist. Both prepositions are mutually exclusive. cool
Mr. Man what are you saying.

There are historical records of Chinese, Sumerians, Egyptians, and many more traditions at that time frame for goodness sake.

But let me not even use that to debunk this, let's use the bible.

This is the biblical timeline: http://biblehub.com/timeline/
Now pick any event from the early phase of the bible like Job's suffering, famine in canaan, Gideon and the thousand of armies he fought and many more and then match it with the period it was recorded to have happened(according to the link above or any resource you have) and see for yourself how ridiculous your calculation is.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2017
4kings:

Mr. Man what are you saying.

There are historical records of Chinese, Sumerians, Egyptians, and many more traditions at that time frame for goodness sake.

But let me not even use that to debunk this, let's use the bible.

This is the biblical timeline: http://biblehub.com/timeline/
Now pick any event from the early phase of the bible like Job's suffering, famine in canaan, Gideon and the thousand of armies he fought and many more and then match it with the period it was recorded to have happened(according to the link above or any resource you have) and see for yourself how ridiculous your calculation is.

You continue to use fallible man's interpretation of the timeline instead of the historical record given in the book of Genesis. Jesus has the final say on this matter as far as am concerned, to you Jesus may be a mythological figure but if you are wise you will listen to what He had to say as to the age of the earth.

"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.'" (Mark 10:6).

From the verse above, Jesus taught that the creation was young and that Adam and Eve existed "from the beginning" not millions or billions of years after the cosmos and earth came to being. Whose report would you believe? I have believed the report of the Lord. smiley

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You continue to use fallible man's interpretation of the timeline instead of the historical record given in the book of Genesis. Jesus has the final say on this matter as far as am concerned, to you Jesus may be a mythological figure but if you are wise you will listen to what He had to say as to the age of the earth.

"But from the beginning of the creation, God 'made them male and female.'" (Mark 10:6).

From the verse above, Jesus taught that the creation was young and that Adam and Eve existed "from the beginning" not millions or billions of years after the cosmos and earth came to being. Whose report would you believe? I have believed the report of the Lord. smiley
Sir, this biblical timeline was calculated solely based on the bible.
So what are you saying?

I'm telling you to use your biblical dating(not science now) to prove your point, shouldn't that be easy if what you saying makes sense.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
4kings:

Sir, this biblical timeline was calculated solely based on the bible.
So what are you saying?

I'm telling you to use your biblical dating(not science now) to prove your point, shouldn't that be easy if what you saying makes sense.

The Bible did not record the age of the earth to be 6000 years old because if it did it will have to update it on a regular basis. cool
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible did not record the age of the earth to be 6000 years old because if it did it will have to update it on a regular basis. cool
You're very funny sha.

The 6000 years inference was calculated from Adam's generation through seth, abraham, moses, daniel, Jesus and finally our generation.
And the maximum value from various calculations by scholars is 10000 years

You can argue that the earth is older, but human civilization is at max 10000 years according to your biblical interpretation.

So this does not counter my point, try again.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
4kings:

You're very funny sha.

The 6000 years inference was calculated from Adam's generation through seth, abraham, moses, daniel, Jesus and finally our generation.
And the maximum value from various calculations by scholars is 10000 years

You can argue that the earth is older, but human civilization is at max 10000 years according to your biblical interpretation.

So this does not counter my point, try again.

I can see that you've conveniently evaded the link I suggested that shows the calculation that proves that the earth is young neither do you acknowledge the authority of the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the benefit of those who are sincerely seeking for the truth I'll post the remaining part of the article I posted, which you chose not to study as well as more quotes from Jesus that proves that He was a Young Earth Creationist. wink

Impact of the Flood
We know from the Bible, however, that around 2500 BC (4,500 years ago) the worldwide Flood reduced the world population to eight people.3 But if we assume that the population doubles every 150 years, we see, again, that starting with only Noah and his family in 2500 BC, 4,500 years is more than enough time for the present population to reach 6.5 billion.

FROM TWO PEOPLE, CREATED ABOUT 6,000 YEARS AGO, AND THEN THE EIGHT PEOPLE, PRESERVED ON THE ARK ABOUT 4,500 YEARS AGO, THE WORLD’S POPULATION COULD EASILY HAVE GROWN TO THE EXTENT WE NOW SEE IT—OVER 6.5 BILLION.
Evolutionists are always telling us that humans have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. If we did assume that humans have been around for 50,000 years and if we were to use the calculations above, there would have been 332 doublings, and the world’s population would be a staggering figure—a one followed by 100 zeros; that is

This figure is truly unimaginable, for it is billions of times greater than the number of atoms that are in the entire universe! Such a calculation makes nonsense of the claim that humans have been on earth for tens of thousands of years.

Simple, conservative arithmetic reveals clear mathematical logic for a young age of the earth. From two people, created around 6,000 years ago, and then the eight people, preserved on the Ark about 4,500 years ago, the world’s population could have grown to the extent we now see it—over 6.5 billion.

With such a population clearly possible (and probable) in just a few thousand years, we could actually ask the question, "If humans were around millions of years ago, why is the population so small?" This is a question that evolution supporters must answer.

And for those who take God's Word as their final authority over man's fallible interpretation. See here that Jesus Christ, the Creator of the universe and earth was a Young Earth Creationist:

"For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created to this time, neither shall be" (Mark 16:19).

"That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say to you, It shall be required of this generation" (Luke 11:50-51).

Jesus indicated in Mark 16:19 that our sufferings began very near the beginning of God's Creation. And in Luke 11:50-51 Our Lord Jesus Christ placed Abel, one of the sons of Adam very close to the beginning of creation, not millions or billions of years after the beginning. smiley
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that you've conveniently evaded the link I suggested that shows the calculation that proves that the earth is young neither do you acknowledge the authority of the Words of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the benefit of those who are sincerely seeking for the truth I'll post the remaining part of the article I posted, which you chose not to study as well as more quotes from Jesus that proves that He was a Young Earth Creationist. wink
For goodness sake, what don't you understand.

If we start doubling the population from 2500bc starting from 8 every 150 years.
It means after 1050 years that is 6 doubling the population of the world would be (((((8*2)*2)*2)*2)*2)*2) = 512 population.
This period(after 1050 years) is 1450bc this was the time the Israelites were allegedly in Egypt as slaves, so this calculation does not make sense. Even if you double it every 40 years it still wouldn't add up.

Think my friend, there is nothing wrong in discarding a belief when you see it doesn't make sense. I'm not convincing you to leave Christianity for now, but saying 8 people produced a world of 6 billion in 4000 years does not make sense.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by MrMystrO(m): 11:06am On Nov 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Random chance does not disprove God or intelligent design in anyway. You can have a radical view that God knows the possible outcomes from any random event and that He designed the universe in a way that every random event can produce a desired outcome.

Even computer programs can be designed like this . So random chance claimants ain't really making any serious argument .

Secondly, an event can appear to an observer as random or chaotic but it is not perceived that same way to the person who initiated it. You might think we got everything by chance , but does God or every other observer see it that way ? So the issue of chaos and randomness producing intelligent design is subjective not objective.

True.

1 Like

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by akintom(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Liar. The only one and true God is Mazda.
Did you say liar? Naaaa.... You're a liarer..... The only true God is FSM.

Care for proof?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by ScepticalPyrrho: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
akintom:

Care for proof?
grin Liarest!
Mazda created the universe, accept it or burn forever.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
4kings:

For goodness sake, what don't you understand.

If we start doubling the population from 2500bc starting from 8 every 150 years.
It means after 1050 years that is 6 doubling the population of the world would be (((((8*2)*2)*2)*2)*2)*2) = 512 population.
This period(after 1050 years) is 1450bc this was the time the Israelites were allegedly in Egypt as slaves, so this calculation does not make sense. Even if you double it every 40 years it still wouldn't add up.

Think my friend, there is nothing wrong in discarding a belief when you see it doesn't make sense. I'm not convincing you to leave Christianity for now, but saying 8 people produced a world of 6 billion in 4000 years does not make sense.

You have chosen to believe the evolutionist's timeline which I do not subscribe to. I have chosen to believe the report of the Lord and this report says the earth is young. Even the 1st century Jewish historian, Josephus indicated that his contemporary Jews then believed that both the first day of creation and Adam's creation were about 5,000 years before Christ.

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
akintom:

Care for proof?

Continued from the previous page. cool

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You have chosen to believe the evolutionist's timeline which I do not subscribe to.
For goodness sake i didn't use scientific timeline, i used biblical dating the dating of events solely as described from the bible or are you just turning a blind eye towards this. undecided

Your world is 6000 years old right? use your bible and calculate generations up to the time of noah that's about 2500bc and the time of Moses 1400bc, these are deductions solely from the bible. So what are you saying?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

grin Liarest!
Mazda created the universe, accept it or burn forever.

Know your Creator. cool

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Nov 10, 2017
4kings:

For goodness sake i didn't use scientific timeline, i used biblical dating the dating of events solely as described from the bible or are you just turning a blind eye towards this. undecided

According to your so called "biblical dating" how long was it between God creating 'heaven and earth' and God creating Adam?

4kings:

Your world is 6000 years old right? use your bible and calculate generations up to the time of noah that's about 2500bc and the time of Moses 1400bc, these are deductions solely from the bible. So what are you saying?

The calculations I posted in the excerpts is enough in showing that the world is young, there's no need in confusing yourself with fallible man's ideologies.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

According to your so called "biblical dating" how long was it between God creating 'heaven and earth' and God creating Adam?
This is not known only speculations.
But generations from Adam to Jesus is given in detail.

The calculations I posted in the excerpts is enough in showing that the world is young, there's no need in confusing yourself with fallible man's ideologies.
I have shown you why that calculation does not make sense. What's your issue?
Okay, can you defend the excerpts? Let me check if you even understand what they said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Know your Creator. cool
My creator doesn't need to sleep with a virgin, It can summon fresh pussied goddess from thin air.

Your God is petty God. Of all places it could have find sweet pussycat, it chose Middle Eastern pussycat... undecided
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

My creator doesn't need to sleep with a virgin, It can summon fresh pussied goddess from thin air.

Your God is petty God. Of all places it could have find sweet pussycat, it chose Middle Eastern pussycat... undecided

You will remember these words on Judgment Day except you repent and believe the gospel.

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

You will remember these words on Judgment Day except you repent and believe the gospel.
Mazda is the judge of all souls.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
4kings:

This is not known only speculations.
But generations from Adam to Jesus is given in detail.

I have shown you why that calculation does not make sense. What's your issue?
Okay, can you defend the excerpts? Let me check if you even understand what they said.

Here is another evidence that further supports the biblical account in the book of Genesis. With a little bit of Mathematics we can calculate how we arrived at a population of about 6.7 billion people on earth today.

Population Studies Indicate A Young Planet Earth

According to the Star Tribune Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, July 24, 1999, "Last weekend the world's population topped 6 billion"
In 1985 there were 5 billion people in the world.
In the year 1800 there were only 1 billion people in the whole world.
In the year 3 BC a Roman Census at the time of the Birth of Jesus Christ indicated that the population of the world was 250 million.
All text books teach that, and the world's population is growing rapidly.

Illustration from Merrill Earth Science 1993, p.503
(Check the link below for the graph or chart of the population growth of modern humans)

Year World Population

2000 6 Billion
1985 5 Billion
1800 1 Billion
3BC 250 Million

The Bible teaches that:

6,000 years ago God created the Universe.

4,400 years ago there was a Flood which destroyed everyone except for 8 people.

The current population curve started 4,400 years ago.

Current growth curve based on Biblical time scales

If you start with 8 people 4,400 years ago, after Noah's Flood, a population of 6 Billion people over 4,400 years is perfectly reasonable.

Current growth curve based on Evolutionary Theory

Evolutionists believe that the Earth is billions of years old, and that Human Life evolved millions of years ago.

If Human Life started 3 million years ago, we would now have a world population of 150,000 people per square inch, and that is incredibly crowded!

The population growth curve clearly demonstrates that Human Life did not start 3 million years ago.

http://www.finalfrontier.org.uk/index.php?main=3&sub=1&page=22
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Mazda is the judge of all souls.

You don't want to find out unprepared. cool

1 Share

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Here is another evidence that further supports the biblical account in the book of Genesis. With a little bit of Mathematics we can calculate how we arrived at a population of about 6.7 billion people on earth today.

Population Studies Indicate A Young Planet Earth

According to the Star Tribune Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, July 24, 1999, "Last weekend the world's population topped 6 billion"
In 1985 there were 5 billion people in the world.
In the year 1800 there were only 1 billion people in the whole world.
In the year 3 BC a Roman Census at the time of the Birth of Jesus Christ indicated that the population of the world was 250 million.
All text books teach that, and the world's population is growing rapidly.

Illustration from Merrill Earth Science 1993, p.503
(Check the link below for the graph or chart of the population growth of modern humans)

Year World Population

2000 6 Billion
1985 5 Billion
1800 1 Billion
3BC 250 Million

The Bible teaches that:

6,000 years ago God created the Universe.

4,400 years ago there was a Flood which destroyed everyone except for 8 people.

The current population curve started 4,400 years ago.

Current growth curve based on Biblical time scales

If you start with 8 people 4,400 years ago, after Noah's Flood, a population of 6 Billion people over 4,400 years is perfectly reasonable.

Current growth curve based on Evolutionary Theory

Evolutionists believe that the Earth is billions of years old, and that Human Life evolved millions of years ago.

If Human Life started 3 million years ago, we would now have a world population of 150,000 people per square inch, and that is incredibly crowded!

The population growth curve clearly demonstrates that Human Life did not start 3 million years ago.

http://www.finalfrontier.org.uk/index.php?main=3&sub=1&page=22
At least you've seen your previous calculation does not make sense.

I didn't see the continuation of the article in the link.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
4kings:

At least you've seen your previous calculation does not make sense.

I didn't see the continuation of the article in the link.

Now that you've see the expanded version of it, do you now agree? undecided
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 6:19am On Nov 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Now that you've see the expanded version of it, do you now agree? undecided
which expanded version, i told you i didn't see their explanation in the link you posted.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2017
4kings:

which expanded version, i told you i didn't see their explanation in the link you posted.

Do you understand it now that you've seen the explanation or you still have some objections? undecided
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Do you understand it now that you've seen the explanation or you still have some objections? undecided
Mr. Man is it that you're not understanding me or you didn't read what you posted.

There is no explanation up there, i thought the explanation would continue in the link you posted, but i didn't see it.
Check it again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! Lately I Always Dream Of Picking Up Money On The Road / Speaking In Tongues: Is It Real Language Or Garrulous Babble? / Oyakhilome, Oyedepo, Ashimolowo, Adeboye Et Al Should be Ashamed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.