Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:25 AM

Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations (4931 Views)

Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! / El Rufai's NBA Invitation And CAMA Laws: Leave Religion Out Of The Equations / Pastor Adeboye Reduces Killings In Nigeria To Equations, Solves The Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

You are a liar. The only God whose signature appears in nature is Allah. The one and only true God.

Evolution is a lie and is not scientific. If you knew a little about science you would know about the "Golden Ratio." cool
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

checkmate!!!!!

Proof that atheists are no scientists but religious fanatics of evolution. cool
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Nov 02, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

cheesy

What is the golden ratio? undecided
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
vaxx:

Are you thinking islam?

They are for anything that will negate the Truth. cool
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by dalaman: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Evolution is a lie and is not scientific. If you knew a little about science you would know about the "Golden Ratio." cool

I don't care about evolution. All I know is that the only God whose signature appears in nature is Allah.

1 Like

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by dalaman: 7:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They are for anything that will negate the Truth. cool

Which truth?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Random chance does not disprove God or intelligent design in anyway. You can have a radical view that God knows the possible outcomes from any random event and that He designed the universe in a way that every random event can produce a desired outcome.

Can you tell us any random event that produced a desired outcome?

KingEbukasBlog:

Even computer programs can be designed like this . So random chance claimants ain't really making any serious argument .

I am interested in knowing how computer programmes can be designed by random chances. undecided

KingEbukasBlog:

Secondly, an event can appear to an observer as random or chaotic but it is not perceived that same way to the person who initiated it. You might think we got everything by chance , but does God or every other observer see it that way ? So the issue of chaos and randomness producing intelligent design is subjective not objective.

Just like a painter in the process of painting. smiley
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:

Liar. The only one and true God is Mazda.

Who is the true Jesus? undecided

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:37pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

Be quiet pls. The only true God whose signature appears in nature is Allah. No other God has his name appear in nature but Allah the one and only true God.

Check out the meaning of the Golden Ratio and stop embarrassing your "intellectual friends." Make Google your friend. wink
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
felixomor:

He is confused.

They seem to belong to the confusion.com club. undecided

1 Like

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . This is what happens when someone has a limited perspective of the issue . His argument is way off the point I was trying to make but I'm gona address it anyway . Allegorical interpretation of the bible is till congruent with tenets in Christianity . Evolution can be viewed as a process within creation - that God allowed the development of everything through the process of evolution . The literal interpretation of the bible is one of many numerous interpretations of the bible and the argument he is making is normally one which literal interpreters of the bible have against allegorical interpretation of the bible and is normally borrowed by atheists just the way they borrowed the theistic term 'God of the gaps' . Some Christians even interpret the bible literally but still do not agree to the 6000 year earth old claim by the YECs.

So yes my brother , evolution does not disrupt the harmony of the orthodox tenets of Christianity as he claimed . Allegorical interpretation of the bible has been with our early papas in church over 1500 years or so before Darwinian evolution .

But don't forget a non-Christian theist can still acknowledge evolution as process orchestrated by God .

My brother, I know that every Word in the Bible is not to be taken as literal. We have Metaphors, Similes, Poetries, Proverbs and other figures of speech but it also contains historical events and the Genesis record of Creation is an historical event, it cannot be spiritualised away.

If you say Adam was a mythical figure who never really lived then what you are saying essentially is that all his children and descendants including our Lord Jesus Christ, descended from a myth. smiley
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
4kings:

Your next statement answers this.

There it is...

My comment was based off topic... Oops

Well OP being a young earth creationist is a special case...
But not all "Christians" are...
The Gnostics for example treat most biblical accounts as symbols for esoteric understanding, including Abraham, the Exodus and so on...
"Jesus" to them is an embodiment of knowledge don't want to go into details, I discussed this with KingEbukasBlog last year.
So your interpretation of the Bible and evolution does not change the value "Jesus" is to them, unless you are talking to a Christian fundamentalist.
Even the Catholic does not acknowledge the literal account of the book of Genesis(though this is another issue but hope you get my point).

Being an Old earth creationist may not take away from your salvation but it denies their followers from taking the Bible as their final authority. cool
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

Your evidence to show that the universe is 6000 years old is what?

I can show you the evidence but will you believe it if I do? undecided
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you copped out and projected it on me lol, you're such a clown

Copped out of what? undecided
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

Where is your scientific evidence to show that he universe is 6000 years old? Or do you now acknowledge that you've been telling lies all the time?

I have my evidence but will you believe it is the question?

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

I don't care about evolution. All I know is that the only God whose signature appears in nature is Allah.

Proof that Islam and atheism as children of the same parents.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
dalaman:

Which truth?

Jesus is the Truth. Do you know Him? undecided

1 Share

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

My brother, I know that every Word in the Bible is not to be taken as literal. We have Metaphors, Similes, Poetries, Proverbs and other figures of speech but it also contains historical events and the Genesis record of Creation is an historical event, it cannot be spiritualised away.

If you say Adam was a mythical figure who never really lived then what you are saying essentially is that all his children and descendants including our Lord Jesus Christ, descended from a myth. smiley

Hmmm . Good point bro. But an allegorical view of the creation story does not mean that Adam as a man is mythical .

When I have a stable network , I'll post like three allegorical views of the creation story for you to decide
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by dalaman: 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can show you the evidence but will you believe it if I do? undecided

Sure. Show me the scientific evidence that shows that the universe is 6000 years old.

1 Like

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 6:17am On Nov 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Being an Old earth creationist may not take away from your salvation but it denies their followers from taking the Bible as their final authority. cool
Maybe in some cases, but i think it's more of given a new interpretation of what's written to be compatible with reason.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Nov 03, 2017
4kings:

Maybe in some cases, but i think it's more of given a new interpretation of what's written to be compatible with reason.

It is an indirect salvation issue as well as an authority issue. Faulty fallible human interpretations vs God's final authority. cool
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by dalaman: 11:43am On Nov 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

It is an indirect salvation issue as well as an authority issue. Faulty fallible human interpretations vs God's final authority. cool

Scientificevidence that shows the universe is 6000 years old is what you said youll provide m where is it? Or were you lying as always?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Well your God's final authority is wrong.
The world has been in existence longer than 6000 years and it is mathematically impossible for Noah's four sons to produce 6 billion people in less than 5000 years.
Please don't be too dogmatic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmmm . Good point bro. But an allegorical view of the creation story does not mean that Adam as a man is mythical .

When I have a stable network , I'll post like three allegorical views of the creation story for you to decide
Interesting, what are the views?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:02am On Nov 04, 2017
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 10:05am On Nov 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegorical_interpretations_of_Genesis
OLAADEGBU made a point of inferring that if Adam is a metaphor then Jesus should be too...
How does the interpretation make Jesus(as a man that existed) real?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
dalaman:

Scientificevidence that shows the universe is 6000 years old is what you said youll provide m where is it? Or were you lying as always?

Here are just a few of the many evidences that shows the earth to be young. smiley

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/six-evidences-of-young-earth/

1 Share

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
4kings:

Well your God's final authority is wrong.
The world has been in existence longer than 6000 years and it is mathematically impossible for Noah's four sons to produce 6 billion people in less than 5000 years.
Please don't be too dogmatic.

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Add thou not unto His Words, lest He reprove theem, and thou be found a liar" (Proverbs 30:5-6).

It is an indirect salvation issue as well as an authority issue. Claiming millions of years for the age of the earth is an authority issue especially for the generation coming behind us. There's no point explaining questions to them outside of the Bible.

See the link below and find out how it is mathematically possible "for Noah's four sons to produce 6 billion people in less than 5000 years."

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-for-creation/six-evidences-of-young-earth/

Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Add thou not unto His Words, lest He reprove theem, and thou be found a liar" (Proverbs 30:5-6).

It is an indirect salvation issue as well as an authority issue. Claiming millions of years for the age of the earth is an authority issue especially for the generation coming behind us. There's no point explaining questions to them outside of the Bible.

See the link below and find out how it is mathematically possible "for Noah's four sons to produce 6 billion people in less than 5000 years."

I believe this is what you're talking about:
Evidence 5 Anthropology: Human Population Growth
It’s amazing what basic mathematics can show us about the age of the earth. We can calculate the years of human existence with the population doubling every 150 years (a very conservative figure) to get an estimate of what the world’s population should be after any given period of time.

A biblical age of the earth (about 6,000 years) is consistent with the numbers yielded by such a calculation. In contrast, even a conservative evolutionary age of 50,000 years comes out to a staggering, impossibly high figure of 10 to the 99th power—greater than the number of atoms in the universe!

Clearly, the claim that humans have inhabited the earth for tens of thousands of years is absurd!
Can you make sense outta this?

And on dating, you do realise that all other radiometric datings point to a universe older than 6000 years and using Rhenium–osmium dating diamonds are still older than what your link postulated.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
4kings:

I believe this is what you're talking about:

Can you make sense outta this?

And on dating, you do realise that all other radiometric datings point to a universe older than 6000 years and using Rhenium–osmium dating diamonds are still older than what your link postulated.

Let's stick for now on how "we can calculate the years of human existence with the population doubling every 150 years." Do you agree with this calculation?
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by 4kings: 9:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Let's stick for now on how "we can calculate the years of human existence with the population doubling every 150 years." Do you agree with this calculation?
Can't you see the explanation is vague.
What's the starting population for their calculation? and how did they determine the population would double every 150 years, considering wars, famine, ugly women and so on.
Re: Random Chance Does Not Do Mathematical Equations by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
4kings:

Can't you see the explanation is vague.
What's the starting population for their calculation? and how did they determine the population would double every 150 years, considering wars, famine, ugly women and so on.

A link was cited in that link that addressed your questions. Check it out. wink

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-against-evolution/billions-of-people-in-thousands-of-years/?sitehist=1509826282828

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Taking Up Religion. / Is It A Crime Not To Believe In Any Of The Holy Book? / Child Abuse In My Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.