Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) (4651 Views)

✨SOME EXTREMELY TERRIBLE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD [PHOTOS]✨ / BEAUTY OF THE WILD WORLD.[PHOTOS] / Remarkable Moments In the animal world [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:32am On Nov 02, 2017
Religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
These practices sometimes may not conform with our expectations from a 'religion' but they succeed in fulfilling what is expected of a religion which is uniting people because of the belief that they may share.

1. Satanism

Worshippers of Satan see themselves as spiritualists for whom Satan is an actual deity and a figure symbolising crisis of faith, individualism and free will.
Certain sects of this religion are notorious. For instance, the 'Beasts of Satan' committed murders in Italy between 1998-2004. The 'Order of Nine Angels' affirmed human sacrifice in (the 1960s).
The practice became more widespread with the establishment of the Church of Satan in 1966.

2. Rastafarianism

Rastafarians see themselves as the voice against oppressive colonialism. The aims of the religious movement is to restore pride in African identity which suffered because of the forces of colonialism. They proclaim Zion as the original birthplace of mankind and reject 'Babylon' or the world of materialism.
The principles of Rastafarian lifestyle includes ritual use of marijuana, avoiding alcohol and wearing one's hair in dreadlocks.

3. Iglesia Maradoniana

This sect pray to the legend of football, Maradona. His fans started a religion for him in the year 1998 and has more than a million followers in more than sixty countries. The supporters of the Maradonian Church count the years since the football legend Maradona's birth in 1960.

4. Scientology

The Church of Scientology believes in answering questions of religion through science.
The Church of Scientology was established in 1954 by Ron Hubbard. The movement is seen as Man's first effort to explain religion through science. The religion makes an attempt to restore the balance between Man’s knowledge of himself and Man’s knowledge of physical sciences which was disrupted because of the advancement of science in the 20th century.

5. Jediism

Surprising enough this religion was inspired by George Lucas's 'Star Wars'. Jediism was founded by Daniel Jones and his brother Barney in 2008. The Jedis believe that the 'Force' is a reality and that morality is an innate quality of human beings. The religion asks followers to beware of the dark side of this force which leads to fear which leads to hate and which in turn leads to suffering.

6. Aetherius society

They believe in extraterrestrial intelligence. Founder, George King claimed he was approached by an extraterrestrial intelligence called Aetherius.
The spiritual organization states that it is dedicated to spreading the teachings of advanced extraterrestrial intelligence. The adherents claim that spiritual energy is like electricity and psychic healing energy can be stored in " Spiritual Energy Batteries ". The motto of the society is " Service is the jewel in the rock of attainment."

7. Vampirism

The adherents of this faith believe it is a religion. Vampirism is derived largely from the depiction of vampires in popular culture especially Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' (1897).
Vampires can be described as active vampires-who indulge in feeding on blood from a human or an animal and psychic vampires- who indulge in feeding on another person's aura. Sexuality and its representation have a big role to play.

1 Share

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 1:33am On Nov 02, 2017
More
Cc; Lalasticlala

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by lopjohnny(m): 2:22am On Nov 02, 2017

FTC?

That's a signal this month is gonna be a good month!!!

BTW,,, /SATANISM/ This is serious.

Anything or any god you serve aside from the most high God,,, you are decieving yourself and I'm sorry to tell you that,, your case needs urgent attention!!!

YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GOD BEFORE ME, says the almighty GOD!!!
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by DanseMacabre(m): 4:06am On Nov 02, 2017
At the end of the day, religion, as described by a wise Afghan opium farmer, is just man's way of searching for a god/higher power.

I recall an Oscar Wilde aphorism that goes like: women treat men as humanity treats its gods; they worship us, and are always expecting little favours in return.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 02, 2017
unpopular opinion tho. I'm guessing just like all those religions were formed by man that was how the most popular religion we've got Christianity and Islam were formed thousands of years ago by man.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 02, 2017
The Rastafarians worship Ras(the word "ras" meaning prince) Tafari,the man we all know as Emperor Haile Selassie. The Rastafarians see him as "Jah" or "god incarnate". "Jah Rastafari".

6 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Harddiskng(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Add Pastafarianism

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 02, 2017
I want the adherents of Vampirism to go to Malawi an practise their religion there. Oh man... smiley smiley smiley Those anti-vampire militia are gonna have a field day.
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 02, 2017
McBeal10:
unpopular opinion tho. I'm guessing just like all those religions were formed by man that was how the most popular religion we've got Christianity and Islam were formed thousands of years ago by man.

There is NOTHING "unpopular" about this opinion. It is common knowledge. Unless someone is trying to be economical with the truth or is simply being mischievous.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 02, 2017
So at the end of the day, Christianity is seen as the only religion that will grant you eternal life in a world unknown

3 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by TheManOfTheYear: 7:32am On Nov 02, 2017
McBeal10:

Shut up!
Christianity was never formed by man. Christianity was formed by our Lord JESUS Christ.

Inject that into your skull

2 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Bellfun(m): 7:48am On Nov 02, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Shut up!
Christianity was never formed by man. Christianity was formed by our Lord JESUS Christ.

She is absolutely correct!
All religions are formed by men...not God or gods!
And who told you Jesus started a religion?

4 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by sbashir10(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2017
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 02, 2017
Jediism-the truth is it is the religion for those suffering from "jedi-jedi". Forget that Star Wars thing.

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by SuperSuave(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Shut up!

Do they always have to think for you? Were you there when the religion was formed by your lord? be open minded and think by yourself.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 02, 2017
@TheManOfTheYear I know the book,chapter and verse of the bible that you are relying entirely on but take this from me: Jesus did not establish a new religion. His followers actually did and even at that what they formed was something of a sub-sect of Judaism which the Jews themselves viewed as a cult. Gradually,this new movement metamophorsed in what we know today as Christianity. Jesus was born a jew,lived as a jew and died as one even though he seemed to be often at odds with the authority of the Jewish religion at the time. Remember,Jesus was a "rabbi". I guess you know what a rabbi is.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by tosyne2much(m): 8:34am On Nov 02, 2017
I'm learning things
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2017
Bellfun:

She is absolutely correct!
All religions are formed by men...not God or gods!
And who told you Jesus started a religion?
You can never know Jesus more than a true Christian believer.
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Bellfun(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Statsocial:

You can never know Jesus more than a true Christian believer.

I don't get it...what are you trying to say?

Christianity was not formed or started by Jesus!

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2017
@Bellfun enough said. It takes a learned,intelligent and discerning mind to decode the message you are trying to pass across.

1 Like

Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Clementux(m): 10:33am On Nov 02, 2017
Bellfun:

you can't understand unless/until you are given from above to understand
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by teekay213(m): 10:57am On Nov 02, 2017
Bellfun:

how old are you?
And as a Christian have you read your Bible from Genesis to revelation?
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by bola4dprec(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=Statsocial post=61996348]
You can never know Jesus more than a true Christian believer.[/quoteLiving Mattew 5:7
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. In my own opinion who is initiator of all this religion ?
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by bola4dprec(m): 11:19am On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=Statsocial post=61996348]
You can never know Jesus more than a true Christian believer.[/quotebeliever.[/quoteLiving Mattew 5:7
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose. In my own opinion who is initiator of all this religion ?
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
What about Islam angry
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Fvcknames: 1:41pm On Nov 02, 2017
What about Christianity? angry
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by GuntersChain(m): 2:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
there is nothing strange about this religion
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
need to start one asap
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
need to start one asap

pondering on the name I should give it hmmmmm
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Shut up!

mumu, na jesus form xtainity or his followers after dem kill am lik common thief. did he write d bible or d doctrines in the bible
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by Kakamorufu(m): 6:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Orisirisi.
Re: 7 Strange Religions Around The World (Photos) by DjAndroid: 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
Op you forgot to add that rastafarians believe that emperor Halle Sellasie of Ethiopia should be worshiped.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB 2017: Jamb Is Reducing Scores / If You Were A Science Student In Secondary School You Need To See This / Maturity Is Not By Age, Here Are 5 Qualities Of A Matured Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.