Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Alumni Executives Meets Oto-awori Council Boss. - Calls For Partnership As The C - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alumni Executives Meets Oto-awori Council Boss. - Calls For Partnership As The C (462 Views)

Obaseki’s University Of Ibadan Certificate Different From Other Alumni - Oshioke / Wives Of Apc Candidates Ignites Oto-awori / Oto - Awori Lcda: Celebration Of A Grassroots Leader. By Eniola Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alumni Executives Meets Oto-awori Council Boss. - Calls For Partnership As The C by Kakaakinews: 7:20am On Nov 02, 2017
Education is of great significance if we must sustain good governance, development and economic growth, the alumni association executive members and the council boss, Hon. Musibau Ashafa, didn't agree-less when they met to chart the way forward on the progress of Oto-Awori local council development Area which plays host to the prestigious Adeniran Ogunsanya College of education.

While stating the agenda for the visitation, the National President of the alumni association of Adeniran Ogunsanya college of education, Prince Shina Akintolure, appreciates the host communities (Oto-Ijanikin) through the council boss for the accommodating strength, hospitality and the understanding enjoyed by the former and present students of the college, which further shows that the Aworis are unique and distinguished. While enjoining the council chairman not to relent on security beef-up and sensitization within his jurisdiction, Akintolure went further to discuss welfarism, provision of portable water, infrastructures and running an all inclusive governance that will further empower the youths and the women in the communities.

" Today, we are glad to be here, to celebrate with you on your victory at the polls, which shows that every of our actions are recorded, by this you have reaped the dividends of your hard work, with your wealth of experience, we believe you would surpass expectations of your highly exalted office."

"These communities has given a lot to old and present students, the land at which the college is situated, the hospitality and the security, special kudos we give to the royal fathers. We are here to give back to our alma-mata and in extension, the host communities, in relation to this, we seek partnership that will help move both the school and the host communities forward", Akintolure added.

Also speaking at the historical meeting, the alumni association National Public Relations officer (PRO), Opeyemi Eniola, appreciated the council boss for keeping his doors open for discussions and ideas that will better the council. While making case for scarcity of portable water to residents in selected communities, Eniola further charged the chairman to facilitate the political will for the upgrade of the college to a university and also erecting capital projects on campus.

"Ideas are key to harnessing economic potentials, you have shown the will and readiness for rapid growth and development by keeping your doors, thus, listening to both the electorates and everyone that matters. One of the challenges faced by the residents and students of these communities is the access to portable water, it's an eyesore to see that residents sometimes go through stress to get water for use, I quite understand that you are very much young in office but I have a strong believe in you that you will address this issue and many others", the Alumni National PRO charged.

In a quick response, the chairman of Oto-Awori Local council development area, Hon. Musibau Ashafa, appreciated the alumni association of Adeniran Ogunsanya college of education for the August visit, he x-rayed his achievements so far as he moves closer to his first one hundred (100) days in office.

Ashafa made case for the women in the council, stating that there is empowerment programmes in the pipe to ease the burden of the women and help alleviate poverty to meet with the United Nations recommendations, xonstruction of a new market at Ilogbo, skill acquisition for youths, he also mentioned that a six classroom building is already erected within the council, rehabilitations of boreholes, construction of a new town hall building at Etegbin, completion of Ijanikin town hall and grants for the Community Development Areas (CDAs).

On easing the traffic congestion on the Badagry expressway, the council boss said the failed portion of the federal road within the council are already under repair courtesy of the Oto-Awori Local council development area.

"Aside the construction and completion of the new classrooms block, i want to assure you that we will organize workshops for primary school teachers, we will also donate books and start a new phase of bursary for indigenes within the council to mark our first one hundred days in office".

"I wrote the Lagos state water cooperation on the rehabilitation of their facilities here, I will do a follow up and see how far that will go to make life more easy for our people, I have heard your requests on facilitation for upgrade of the college, bringing the council projects on campus, even if we can't do all base on the present economic realities, i can assure you that something will be done. Lastly, I won't fail to appreciate all the past and present students for their support that saw me and my running mate, Hon. Abiodun Azeez, won the last election, I'm grateful ", Ashafa concluded.

High points of the event include taking of group photograph and exchange of handshakes.

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto Guber: Tambuwal’s Fate Hangs As Appeal Court Reserves Judgement / Return To The Ideals, Philosophies Of Our Founding Fathers, Tinka Tells PDP Yout / I Have Never Told A Lie Before – Lai Mohammed Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.